PDA

View Full Version : Outlander

Achyfi
02-26-2020, 06:42 AM
Anybody into the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon?

This is one that was introduced to me by a very religious friend in high school, surprisingly (who even told me she was introduced to the series by her mother). Super sexy, sometimes dark, sometimes witchy, very time-travel based. There's a new series on TV based on the books that I've found to be pretty enjoyable (in the times they're not being true to the books, they make some generally good plot decisions, in my opinion).

I want to talk about it! Anybody read any of the books or watched any of the show? I'm a huge fan.

soleil
02-26-2020, 03:42 PM
Hi! Yes, I�m a big fan too. I�m currently reading book 6 and I�m caught up on the show save for the few episodes that have aired in February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crow
02-26-2020, 05:36 PM
Yes!!! But I'm only on Season 2!

Season 1 was FREAKING FANTASTIC and totally blew me away in a way no other show ever has!!!!

Achyfi
02-26-2020, 07:21 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

@Crow ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I love how they did Season 1, they were keeping pretty true to the books the best they could! The actor playing Randall (both of them) did such a great job. I've been listening to the intro song for each season and I'm obsessed with how they change it to fit the season's theme... I get chills almost every time, lol

-----

I'm realizing it's extremely hard to talk about a lengthy series like this without spoilers, whoops...

soleil
02-26-2020, 07:58 PM
Yes!!! But I'm only on Season 2!

Season 1 was FREAKING FANTASTIC and totally blew me away in a way no other show ever has!!!!

I hope this doesn�t make you feel less excited for the other seasons, but season/book 1 was my favorite! One of the best books I�ve ever read!

Crow
02-27-2020, 08:10 PM
I hope this doesn’t make you feel less excited for the other seasons, but season/book 1 was my favorite! One of the best books I’ve ever read!

Although I'm enjoying Season 2, I must say it really doesn't capture me like Season 1 did. Oh well haha I still love it. ^^ Perhaps I'll read the books eventually!

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

@Crow ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I love how they did Season 1, they were keeping pretty true to the books the best they could! The actor playing Randall (both of them) did such a great job. I've been listening to the intro song for each season and I'm obsessed with how they change it to fit the season's theme... I get chills almost every time, lol

-----

I'm realizing it's extremely hard to talk about a lengthy series like this without spoilers, whoops...

The intro song also gives me chills EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. and I am astounded each time!! Such a well done, aesthetic, and beautiful show. And yessss--fantastic casting imo!

Achyfi
03-10-2020, 04:22 AM
Okay so an annoying disparity between the books and the show after seeing the latest episode:
Sometimes I completely forget when I watch the show that Roger is supposed to be a charismatic, musically-impressive charmer like he is in the books. I'm glad they sometimes find time to remind us that he's not just a guy who repeatedly makes terrible decisions and occasionally decides to be brave. He plays the guitar, too! lol