PDA

View Full Version : Pok�mon Sword or Shield?

JotaDE
01-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Hey people! Two months ago approx, Pok�mon Sword and Pok�mon Shield bought to market. The most significant difference is the exclusive Pok�mon. For example, Ponyta and Corsola (Galar) appear in Pok�mon Shield, on the other hand, Farfetch and Darumaka appear in Pok�mon Sword. Which version do you like the most?

Personally, I prefer Pok�mon Sword, I love Darumaka and Farfetch with the sword.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I hate Corsola Galar!!

Teakwood
01-07-2020, 02:09 PM
I love the Galarian Corsola, it's cute and I love the symbolism behind it.

However, it sucks in a team lol.

I have Sirfetch'd and the Darmanitan in my team though. Beasts.

I do love Sword and Shield. I'm glad I finally completed my pokedex, and now am on the hunt for more shiney pokemon.

Styx
01-08-2020, 07:02 AM
I like Shield's exclusives but dislike Zamazenta. Its moveset's awful.

Spoiler below if you haven't beaten the post-game storyline.

Hop's team became overpowered after he got Zacian. That's bull, lol.

npm
01-08-2020, 10:24 AM

I do love Sword and Shield. I'm glad I finally completed my pokedex, and now am on the hunt for more shiney pokemon.

What do you say G-Corsola with HA is awesome for competitive lol
But G-Darmanitan it is a beast haha

I bought Sword and being shiny hunting a bit... but only got a Scorbunny so far :(

Teakwood
01-08-2020, 02:53 PM
What do you say G-Corsola with HA is awesome for competitive lol
But G-Darmanitan it is a beast haha

I bought Sword and being shiny hunting a bit... but only got a Scorbunny so far :(

I'm not one for competitive fighting, but from what I've read/seen, it's decent at best.
I haven't been shiny hunting like I should be, and that's been my downfall. Once I completed the pokedex, I was so burnt out on it, that I've given up.

JotaDE
01-11-2020, 09:51 PM

For a Pok�mon team of this generation, Sirfetch is a great choice due to its attack factor, which is really high, comparable, for example, to that of a Golem

Koto
01-11-2020, 10:17 PM
I have Shield and I am very much enjoying the game, but haven't finished the storyline just yet. Definitely need to get some Sword friends to help me with filling out parts of my Pokedex and evolutions though!

Vee
01-12-2020, 04:33 PM
I have Shield myself and love it. I'm a bit burnt out by it at the moment though. But I love Cursola, G-Max Gengar and Tyranitar. Just need to get one of my Sword friends to trade me a Galarian Darmanitan because they are OP.

Excited for the new expansion passes though and happy that they aren't version exclusive, because it looked like that when the banner came out lol.

JotaDE
01-12-2020, 07:04 PM
I have Shield myself and love it. I'm a bit burnt out by it at the moment though. But I love Cursola, G-Max Gengar and Tyranitar. Just need to get one of my Sword friends to trade me a Galarian Darmanitan because they are OP.

Excited for the new expansion passes though and happy that they aren't version exclusive, because it looked like that when the banner came out lol.

Most people bought the Pok�mon Shield, I think it was for the exclusive Pok�mon, the success of Pok�mon Shield was such that in a famous videogame store in Spain called Game, they only gave metal boxes to those who bought the Pok�mon Sword. SiFertch and Darmanita are OPS!!

Synth Salazzle
01-17-2020, 12:13 AM
I got pokemon sword.
I don't really have any regrets with that. I found it's easier to find trades to finish my dex because more people bought shield and are looking for the exclusives.

ghekolus
01-17-2020, 07:03 AM
I got Sword, because I'm all about that offense, ya know. Although I regret this basic decision as I want a Ponyta

Aase
01-18-2020, 08:14 AM
I got Sword. I preferred the legendary for Sword because of the stats but I think both legendaries look awesome. I like a lot of the exclusives for Shield but luckily my other friends that play got Shield so we traded what we could early on xD Saying that though, out of all the exclusives (ignoring legends) I think Sirfetch'd is my favourite. Ponyta and Cursola close second.

lollageee
01-22-2020, 03:06 PM
I got Shield because the legendary actually looks like a Shield (the Sword one is just holding a Sword which I think is a cop-out ;))

RealisticError
01-22-2020, 05:50 PM
I got shield because I love the shield legendary, he's super cute...also my best friend wanted sword so it seemed like a no brainer. also Appletun is one of the best new pokemon so that's a plus too!

lollageee
01-22-2020, 11:30 PM
I got shield because I love the shield legendary, he's super cute...also my best friend wanted sword so it seemed like a no brainer. also Appletun is one of the best new pokemon so that's a plus too!

Appletun is pretty funny - I like the new fossil Pokemon (although it's kind of cruel...)

RealisticError
01-22-2020, 11:34 PM
Appletun is pretty funny - I like the new fossil Pokemon (although it's kind of cruel...)

haha yeah they're super cruel! I love the logic of putting 2 completely different fossils together and some poor pokemon coming out, I wonder if they say their own name like other pokemon...or if they just say some slurred version of "kiiillll meeeee"

lollageee
01-23-2020, 09:51 AM
haha yeah they're super cruel! I love the logic of putting 2 completely different fossils together and some poor pokemon coming out, I wonder if they say their own name like other pokemon...or if they just say some slurred version of "kiiillll meeeee"

It's also so sad that the other half is literally just in the other version of the game, like they were so close to getting it right :sorrow:

JotaDE
01-25-2020, 01:53 PM

Personally, I prefer Flapple instead of Appletun. Flapple remembers a pseudo-dragon, and Appletun a turtle. In addition to combat tactics, I prefer to focus on strong and precise attacks, rather than a good defense :-P

RealisticError
01-27-2020, 08:12 AM
Personally, I prefer Flapple instead of Appletun. Flapple remembers a pseudo-dragon, and Appletun a turtle. In addition to combat tactics, I prefer to focus on strong and precise attacks, rather than a good defense :-P

haha that’s fair, Defense in pokemon is really boring, I prefer cute Pok�mon and appletun is super adorable...until you find out that it’s ears are actually eyes, that really creeped me out :p

steeler
03-29-2020, 10:18 PM
Pokemon Shield because of Galarian Ponyta, no regrets

Anteiku
03-30-2020, 05:07 AM
Pokemon Shield because of Galarian Ponyta, no regrets

Ponyta too fabulous to pass up :P But I like Zacian's design better

genericusername300
04-01-2020, 11:04 PM
I got Shield because I figured most people would want to get Sword, and that would provide me more opportunities to trade the exclusive pokemon. But then they started putting version exclusives into the raids so I'm not sure how well my investment will turn out lol.

Unown
05-02-2020, 12:33 AM
I got Shield because I figured most people would want to get Sword, and that would provide me more opportunities to trade the exclusive pokemon. But then they started putting version exclusives into the raids so I'm not sure how well my investment will turn out lol.

More than the investment into Shield/Sword, I'm still stuck on the investment into a Switch.

It costs a whopping ~500 where I'm from and if I'm only using it to play Pokemon Shield/Sword which I heard can be finished in a few days, I'm wondering if I should get it or not..

How would you compare it to the old nostalgic experience of playing Yellow on the Gameboy?

Robindoo
05-02-2020, 10:43 AM
I stopped playing in the middle. Some what lost interest in it.