PDA

View Full Version : Attack on Titan

Excalibur
09-25-2019, 09:48 PM
anyone watching this? im so confused on the time lines right now. caution spoilers ahead grave danger. watch out.i still dont understand why theres a fight between two nations.

Da Plushee Boree
09-26-2019, 06:35 PM
Want to know something more specific?? I LOVE this series and i'm waiting for it's end, it's so cool aaaargggghhh!!!

]About time lines i'd like to know what confused you, maybe we can sort it out :3!! *specially if you're watching only anime and not reading the manga!*

And for the fight, same as above i'd like to know if you're reading or only watching, hahaha, but for now, we can say it's all related to Titans origins and how it affected the population

Excalibur
09-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Want to know something more specific?? I LOVE this series and i'm waiting for it's end, it's so cool aaaargggghhh!!!

]About time lines i'd like to know what confused you, maybe we can sort it out :3!! *specially if you're watching only anime and not reading the manga!*

And for the fight, same as above i'd like to know if you're reading or only watching, hahaha, but for now, we can say it's all related to Titans origins and how it affected the population

Soooooo honestly. im just confused as fuck. i did read the manga but didnt get as far as i wanted too. i know its obviously wayyyy more detailed but. how did it start. where the hell is my love annie. and i just dont get the explanation. there was 1 earth? right? and then yuri or yamil? went to a demon titan?

TornApart
09-27-2019, 09:53 AM
this show is way too confusing for me and finding english dubs was too hard. thats why i stopped watching it

skyeXronee
09-27-2019, 11:51 AM
this show is way too confusing for me and finding english dubs was too hard. thats why i stopped watching it

Read the manga. The first two seasons of anime leaves you with more questions than answers. You start reading the manga from where you left off in the anime, and you'll soon arrive at all the answers that explains why things are the way they are in the anime.

AoT is one of those manga that can draw on early on hints and things much later in the story, rather than have arc after arc after arc of just events happening.

Excalibur
09-27-2019, 10:58 PM
Read the manga. The first two seasons of anime leaves you with more questions than answers. You start reading the manga from where you left off in the anime, and you'll soon arrive at all the answers that explains why things are the way they are in the anime.

AoT is one of those manga that can draw on early on hints and things much later in the story, rather than have arc after arc after arc of just events happening.

i guess ill have to read the manga. but honestly ill probably still get confused lol

Trinket
09-28-2019, 10:05 AM
@Excalibur ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I'm an avid reader of the manga (I watch the anime too), and the timelines are confusing at first -- I'll keep my answer spoiler-free for this season, don't worry :P spoiler tag for anyone not that far yet!

Basically, we have the Marleyans, and the Eldians. The Eldians are the people living within the walls on Paradis, and these people have the ability to become titans under certain conditions. The Marleyans are a nation living outside of Paradis that waged war on the titan race a long time ago. The King of Paradis, rather than fight with his people, built walls to keep the world out and to control the Eldian population through the founding titan.

In the anime, we're at a point now where the Marleyans are finally being introduced. We learn that they're far more technologically advanced than the Eldians, who are a bit more primitive with their weapons and engineering. We learn that Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie are all "honourary" Marleyans -- basically Eldians whose predecessors were captured during the war, and kept to raise as potential human weapons in the form of titans. They were raised with the purpose of capturing the remaining nine titans created by the founder, Ymir, which were residing on Paradis (Eren, for example).

Next season will all make sense, and you'll learn a crazy amount of new lore to help make sense of everything so far. If you have any questions, let me know!

Da Plushee Boree
09-28-2019, 10:42 AM
I'll leave the explanation of what is currently known in spoilers in case you want to read the mange/see the series before! :3!
I mean currently known because this can change at any moment as how the mange is going; i might add also that the anime is pretty accurate to the manga but Soldier-Ymir's arc is earlier (Season 2); i'll spoiler what's known in the anime and then spoiler again the explanation of a couple events in the manga :B!!

It all happens on some Earth; the main conflict is between Eldia (Paradis) and Marley.

Ymir Fritz was an ancient girl whom is believed to find the true origin of life/power (for Eldians) or made a contract with some devil (what Marleyans told to the world); one way or another, she then was cappable of turning into the first Titan (who owns all 9 powers), thus became the first (let's say) Titan Queen. Through her the titans were divided on 9 carriers linked through Paths; and 8 of these 9 titans were given to 8 different families + 1 (the founder) to the royal family, forming the Eldia Empire (it is know that, as Ymir Fritz descendants, only Eldians can turn into titans thanks to Paths); while this happened, they expanded the empire and between the conquered countries was Marley (ubicated on the coast in front or Paradis).

All this time, the 8 families were in power conflict, leading to a Great Titan War that disolved the Eldia Empire, Marley used this to recover it's lands; the current Titan King of this time, Karl Fritz, promised that he would never try to make Eldia an empire again (this is important), and run with his followers to Paradis and built the walls (hit is why they don't have modern technologies); to support this story, he contacted Tybur family (War Hammer Titan) and created Helos, the hero who defeated the titans for Marley and out-of-the-walls-Eldians.

Thing is, Marley grow in resentment with the few Eldians left and created some kind of camps for them, they became an 'infected kin' and was used by Marley to trying to get the titan powers from Eldians, during this time Eren Krueger (the owl - first Attack Titan), Dina Fritz (royal left out of the walls) and Grisha Jaeger appear.

-Anime Happens- in this order, remember that all characters are Eldians, thus can turn into titans; also the first five rows are Eldians from Marley, whom believe and are teached that they are demons:
Eldia's Restoration is secretly formed in Marley.
Ymir is convicted to 'paradise' (turned into titan and walk to Paradis).
The owl appears.
Zeke is born and turns into a Marley soldier.
Dina is sacrificed to 'paradise' and Grisha gets the Attack Titan, Eldia's Restoration is disolved.
Zeke gets the Beast Titan.
Annie, Reiner, Berthold and Marcel come from Marley to Paradis. Ymir eats Marcel.
*Eldia's Restoration and Ymir release are way earlier than the rest of the events, while the rest occur in a rather short timespan

Season 1 to 3, so:
Grisha gets The Founder Titan from Fritz family and hosts it alonside Attack before passing them down to his son
Annie is enclosed as a living cristal in Hange's laboratory; this is believed to be according to her own will
Armin gets Colossus Titan
Eren touches Historia (this is important)
Survey Corps get to see the basement and then the sea

-Then Manga Happens-

Will explain the important parts first...
Karl Fritz' determination turned The Founder Ymir Fritz' will, so no Eldian will remember anything before the walls but the Founder Host if it's part of the royal family, and also if this host is part of the royal family, they can change (more likely play) Eldians memories through Paths; this can't be done if not part of royal family but YES if in contact with one. This happens when Eren touches Dina's titan (and makes a succesfull Call and gets Grisha's memories) and when he touches Historia, as this is a longer touch, he sees more into the past - *and now with the current events it's believed that he sees the future too* -

Eren gets the War Hammer Titan and runs from Paradis Eldians, works with Zeke
Polithical changes with Yelena arriving
Marley attacks Eldia with Beast, Armored and Jaw titans, during this attack Gabi shots Eren
Zeke touches Eren and take his consciousness to the Founder's Path, let's remember that Zeke is royal and Eren owns the founder, and this is were we all got confused...
Zeke is trying to go further with his plan but Eren confess that his plan isn't whats going to work to save Eldians and the world, and that his own plan will work; then proceeds to show that Grisha did not brainwash him into Restore Eldia, wich is kinda working with Zeke... There are a couple weird things, like that it seems that Eren himself convinced Grisha into getting the Founder, wich isn's still explained but is related to how the Founder can play with Eldians memories...
*Manga events are in a shorter timespan and is currently time frozen while Eren and Zeke speak in Paths.

Excalibur
09-29-2019, 10:58 AM
@Excalibur ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I'm an avid reader of the manga (I watch the anime too), and the timelines are confusing at first -- I'll keep my answer spoiler-free for this season, don't worry :P spoiler tag for anyone not that far yet!

Basically, we have the Marleyans, and the Eldians. The Eldians are the people living within the walls on Paradis, and these people have the ability to become titans under certain conditions. The Marleyans are a nation living outside of Paradis that waged war on the titan race a long time ago. The King of Paradis, rather than fight with his people, built walls to keep the world out and to control the Eldian population through the founding titan.

In the anime, we're at a point now where the Marleyans are finally being introduced. We learn that they're far more technologically advanced than the Eldians, who are a bit more primitive with their weapons and engineering. We learn that Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie are all "honourary" Marleyans -- basically Eldians whose predecessors were captured during the war, and kept to raise as potential human weapons in the form of titans. They were raised with the purpose of capturing the remaining nine titans created by the founder, Ymir, which were residing on Paradis (Eren, for example).

Next season will all make sense, and you'll learn a crazy amount of new lore to help make sense of everything so far. If you have any questions, let me know!

that explains so much!!! so essentially its two nations pitted against each other from olden times?

this may be spoilers but > so eren is the savior? i remember the 1st season he was just hell bent on killing titans. but during the second season he starts to manifest an actual lets say complex hero character right?

that makes so much sense! thank you trinket!!

Spiffy
02-18-2021, 11:16 PM
I'm all caught up on the manga and have been following it monthly for yeeeears, let me know if you have any questions I can answer privately as to not spoil others!