PDA

View Full Version : Neopets Site-Wide Blocks and Captchas

Bat
09-08-2019, 09:36 PM
11/15/2019
We believe that the Neopets site changes have concluded, and we are performing tests to accommodate them in our automation, botting and score sending apps. Our Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey scripts have been tested, and are cleared for use. Please be mindful that the newly implemented StackPath validation routine may cause scripts to fail, however this can be addressed by resetting the script.

09/15/2019

The Neopets team has begun rolling out captcha verification for the entire site, as well as measures to altogether block access to the site from certain IP addresses. We are not yet aware of the extent of these changes, however any interruption to your Neopets experience will also affect the use of programs and scripts. Please be careful to limit your use of any bots until further notice.

We will not be able to provide support for programs until after these changes have concluded.

Cactolotl
09-08-2019, 09:52 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Saw this post on the Neo subreddit, unsure if it's substantiated or even true, maybe someone here has additional information? :S

If it is, does this mean anything for current bot usage?

Milly
09-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Oof, my aber last night kept saying 20 items in stock, then 36, then 20, then 36.

I have 0 clue abt any of this my aber still got one item though

reddit post is scary though

The new host includes a server-side Javascript injection, which serves as DDoS protection and also blocks automated scripts/scrapers from running on the website. On the upside this should hugely curtail many bots used for cheating at least for the near term.

Well a third party is now collecting data on Neopets users (using it to determine if you're legit or a robot with each page load), so you might feel weird about that.

gera
09-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Odd posted a thread on Announcements.

When I saw the reddit post, I did private message Joe asking if we should be concerned.
Short answer: yes.. at least until further notice

For now, I would caution everyone and not run bots or scripts.
Which fucking sucks because I�ve been running scripts on and off on my main today :apologetic:

Cactolotl
09-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Odd posted a thread on Announcements.

When I saw the reddit post, I did private message Joe asking if we should be concerned.
Short answer: yes.. at least until further notice

For now, I would caution everyone and not run bots or scripts.
Which fucking sucks because I’ve been running scripts on and off on my main today :apologetic:

Oh gosh I'm such a dummy I thought I look well enough to see if something had already been posted. Super sorry mods! Please lock/delete if needed. :(

Bat
09-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Oh gosh I'm such a dummy I thought I look well enough to see if something had already been posted. Super sorry mods! Please lock/delete if needed. :(

No worries, Mural! I've merged your thread with the announcement. Thanks for sharing!

SomeClown
09-08-2019, 11:08 PM
Definitely glad I only really use the auto snowball script...

time to just use an alerter like "everyone on the boards"

bunch of uptight pricks if ya ask me

VegaPunk
09-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the warning. Huh, without bots/scripts i wouldn't keep playing this :rolleyes:

Doge
09-09-2019, 12:20 AM
Oh that's why I keep seeing this "gateway" word when the browser is loading. Thanks for the heads up Odd!

Pinecone
09-09-2019, 12:44 AM
Omg whyyyyyyy. Rip daily doer. :(

CopycatNinja
09-09-2019, 12:56 AM
gosh darn it :( i just want to make millions of np with no effort, is that too much to ask?!

also now that i think about it, my ABer that I use wasnt working earlier and i didnt know why. so out of boredom, i was browsing the shops, and managed to get a haggle on an expensive collectible shell. i was blown away that i got a haggle just casually browsing and being so slow... now it all makes sense lol

masxed
09-09-2019, 01:07 AM
VegaPunk CopycatNinja IKR! Without ABing etc the game would suck and it couldn't be good for Clraik. Playing legit and getting the things you want is like working a 2nd 40 hour job. I hope we get an update on what this all means for us. It's very weird that TNT never fills us in. Did they even ever admit that everyone's information was leaked way back when?

Yiiiiikes!

SomeClown
09-09-2019, 01:48 AM
VegaPunk CopycatNinja IKR! Without ABing etc the game would suck and it couldn't be good for Clraik. Playing legit and getting the things you want is like working a 2nd 40 hour job. I hope we get an update on what this all means for us. It's very weird that TNT never fills us in. Did they even ever admit that everyone's information was leaked way back when?

Yiiiiikes!

Point is somewhat solid...but, some of us have never used an ABer and still beat you guys using bots...AND I work more than 40+ in 3 days...

No excuses, get off youtube ;)

masxed
09-09-2019, 02:04 AM
Point is somewhat solid...but, some of us have never used an ABer and still beat you guys using bots...AND I work more than 40+ in 3 days...

No excuses, get off youtube ;)

Well this is getting a little off topic but I can make just as much legit and sometimes more with enough points to work with. It just doesn't feel worth it IMO. How did you know I'm binging YouTube videos? :P *hides under rock*

Stardew
09-09-2019, 03:28 AM
So basically, lay low until the dust settles and we have security updates?

Yikes. Thanks for the warning everyone! I'm eternally grateful I wasn't running my usual ABer setup yesterday. :/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

blairpie
09-09-2019, 06:40 AM
Eager to find out what this means for us all here on clraik!
Any ballpark predictions on how long it'll neopets to sort out this new server merge situation?

Cybun
09-09-2019, 07:11 AM
Oh heck now I have to do my dailies manually? I just want to be lazy smhhhhhh

Dasvidaniya
09-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the warning. Huh, without bots/scripts i wouldn't keep playing this :rolleyes:

Right? If scripts stop working, I'd probably quit forreal. This site is so janky and outdated, that playing it vanilla without the useful scripts/programs is truly painful. It's like playing The Sims without cheats/mods. Nty.

Ph0enix
09-09-2019, 11:10 AM
So exactly how much should we worry if we use scripts for neo? I used them all morning, and if what the reddit post said was true, ALOT of us are going to be frozen.. Infamous Joe, Odd, I know someone had said they messaged you and we should worry, but would you guys mind expanding on that, airing your thoughts? I know you may have explained this to others already but it may help curtail repetitive messages. Should you expand on this, and just add it to the original post, would you let us know please? I feel like alot of us would be put at ease if you tell us what you think about this.

Bat
09-09-2019, 11:17 AM
You're asking us to speculate on something that is in the process of being implemented, Whither. This is exactly why we didn't elaborate on our talking points - we don't know yet. There are a lot of rumors circulating, and it would be foolhardy for us to weigh in on this situation while the Neopets site is changing. It's up to your personal discretion whether or not you'd like to continue using scripts during this transition. As I said before: stay safe!

Ph0enix
09-09-2019, 11:21 AM

I just meant that the user who mentioned she messaged Joe said he said we should worry. I didn't know if any of you knew about cloudfire and their features/what it does in terms of detecting scripts, or maybe when they began tracking them. I know it is still being implemented. People on here, especially the mods, are an impressive wealth of information. Y'all can figure out anything it's crazy.

SomeClown
09-09-2019, 11:28 AM
In all reality, we could be looking at the biggest troll TNT ever threw in the salad guys..

They might have fixed things and looking to create a huge "Fuck you" to the community at large that's bashed them for the past decade for being inept coding and software designers...

I reallly enjoyed the chat in the BD chat where we told TNt there was zero excuse for their shitty work ethic, when their site bred MILLIONS of coders more adept at their job than them.

One person said, "you wouldn't have to patch your games, and site, so much if you would do it right the first time"

"hire the hackers...they obviously know better than any one of you Meepits" <--favourite

j03
09-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Please don't assume or speculate anything. Just wait and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I just meant that the user who mentioned she messaged Joe said he said we should worry. I didn't know if any of you knew about cloudfire and their features/what it does in terms of detecting scripts, or maybe when they began tracking them. I know it is still being implemented. People on here, especially the mods, are an impressive wealth of information. Y'all can figure out anything it's crazy.

Concerned and worried are two different words......................

I did not say we should be worried. :S

gera
09-09-2019, 11:52 AM

I did not say worried, I said concerned. Worried implies panic. No need for that. I don�t want to put any words in Joe and Odd�s mouth.

Concerned is correct. No one knows what exactly this change means, yet. I want to re-iterate we all know the risk of using scripts and bots. To keep our accounts safe, the smartest thing to do at the moment is to not use them until more information can be gathered what the server change entails on the backend.

SomeClown
09-09-2019, 12:04 PM
I don't really feel there is THAT much cause for concern..especially when the coders are set on just looking at the 0s and 1s once its all said and done :)

blairpie
09-09-2019, 12:38 PM
^ Yeah I agree.

I figure TNT has been busy with plenty other things than punishing cHeAtErS lately. Like the whole mobile app and all that- I figure the server changing stuff has something to do with that.

Stardew
09-09-2019, 01:23 PM
We don't really know yet what's going on or how effective this Cloudflare will be at picking up whether or not we're using scripts and bots.

I feel like the best thing to do here is just to wait it out, guys. Give everyone the time to figure out what's going on and how "bad" it is. It's up to our own discretion to decide to bot on accounts or not. Personally, I'm gonna refrain from botting until we have more information.

Speculation isn't gonna help here. Waiting is. :D

motherfucker
09-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Current TNT is AWFUL at communication. This is like being in a toxic relationship; we're gluttons for the punishment and just keep coming back for more LOL.

How terrible would it have been for them to make some kind of announcement.
"We're changing servers, you might notice weird shit going on, we're working on it."

I'm ranting now, but it goes along the same lines as:
TNT: "Enter this contest VIA twitter or Facebook"
Me: "Mentions twitter or Facebook on Neopets"
TNT: Frozen bc you can't mention those awful words.

They need to clean up and get it together in general...

j03
09-09-2019, 01:40 PM
I just don't understand why they are breaking their website with these changes. Extremely unprofessional, especially when they could be testing these changes on a test/development server before going live. These are standard practices. :S

At the same time, most of our programmers are still here so updates can be made. No one knows if this is entirely to track potential cheaters, which is not a great method to be using.

On the bright side, clraik is getting more traffic because the main game is messy at the moment. :clever:

blairpie
09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
Current TNT is AWFUL at communication. This is like being in a toxic relationship; we're gluttons for the punishment and just keep coming back for more LOL.

How terrible would it have been for them to make some kind of announcement.
"We're changing servers, you might notice weird shit going on, we're working on it."

I'm ranting now, but it goes along the same lines as:
TNT: "Enter this contest VIA twitter or Facebook"
Me: "Mentions twitter or Facebook on Neopets"
TNT: Frozen bc you can't mention those awful words.

They need to clean up and get it together in general...

^ Seriously. Would have been super easy to throw up even a minor message about changes and the site will be crap for however long.

Surely they aren't getting any new users, we're all sentimental nostalgic adults and even if they were getting new young children users on the site, those kids are all over the tik toks and the grams and twitters anyways :P No need to censor it.

I couldn't post something on neopets yesterday because I was talking about dough balls and BALLS is profanity.

master4you2
09-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Everyone here is /very/ intelligent, I'm not worried in the long term.

Ph0enix
09-09-2019, 04:31 PM
I did not say worried, I said concerned. Worried implies panic. No need for that. I don�t want to put any words in Joe and Odd�s mouth.

Concerned is correct. No one knows what exactly this change means, yet. I want to re-iterate we all know the risk of using scripts and bots. To keep our accounts safe, the smartest thing to do at the moment is to not use them until more information can be gathered what the server change entails on the backend.

Worry and concern are synonyms, and I didn't put words in anyone's mouth.. not to mention if I was putting words in anyone's mouth it would be yours since I said the other user asked if we should be worried and Joe said yes. Not sure why you were that concerned about the use of another word that means the same thing. I did not remember the post word for word nor who posted it and I didn't feel the need to go back, I simply paraphrased it.

Anyway I feel like if TNT really wanted to catch every cheater on the site they could find the right person to do it, I am sure even someone here would come up with something in a short amount of time that could catch any suspicious activity. I don't think they are stupid enough to catch and freeze a HUGE chunk of their player base as that huge chunk would stop playing. Perhaps they should reassess the severity of their cheating/script use rules. They make some of the things on neo SO tedious. Why is using a script that has say sidebar links or the neoboard links or the shop wiz one that set it to identical and lets you press enter to search or even the price checkers such a big deal. Especially for games like dice-a-roo, hide and seek, gormball all of these could be so much easier for us to do.. Is it ad revenue? Even with the scripts that play it for you, they still get all the hits/ads. I will never understand TNT.

Meepit
09-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Wasnt sure if everyone saw this board?

I didn't know so much of the site was currently taking a shit

Menine
09-09-2019, 04:45 PM
------

Old but gold
09-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Nooo.. I'll miss the scripts :'(

Meepit
09-09-2019, 04:53 PM
lol here I was looking around the neopets section like why hasn't anyone said anything? forgot about the announcements board

Old but gold
09-09-2019, 05:00 PM
I just have a question... have you been able to log in?
Every time i try it tells me 'no username found'.

Daviid
09-09-2019, 05:05 PM
They're making an attempt to block programs and scripts, Daviid. Do you think it's wise to provoke them further in the middle of their update by telling everyone how to work around it?

Nowhere in my post do I say how to bypass their security.

If they are implementing this is because someone has been mass scanning the DB leak for old functioning passwords. Keeping hush won't solve anything or make them go "The cheaters aren't talking about this, maybe we don't need it after all".

They're implementing it and that's a fact, just like they implemented reCaptcha V2 on AC games even when everybody complained about it, it won't be long before they use the less intrusive V3 on the whole site.

We're trying to deescalate.
Deescalate what?

Neopets didn't changes server host, just implemented a CDN, Stackpath ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). You go see for yourself what it is and if you want to keep botting.
Just know that cloudflare does pretty much the same and people still use bots with it.

There's also some weird request made every page visit, probably the JS they inject.
You can block it with some ad blocker like uBlock, got to my filters and add
||[Only registered and activated users can see links]*

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

It's even on the neopets' subreddit post posted on the first page, ffs.

Just click "server-side Javascript injection" and it brings you to Stackpath's website explaining what they do and how they do it.

No dark hacker magic here.

gera
09-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Worry and concern are synonyms, and I didn't put words in anyone's mouth.. not to mention if I was putting words in anyone's mouth it would be yours since I said the other user asked if we should be worried and Joe said yes. Not sure why you were that concerned about the use of another word that means the same thing..

Please don't assume or speculate anything. Just wait and see what happens.

Concerned and worried are two different words......................

I did not say we should be worried. :S

Anyways, us clraikers come from all over the world so I understand if you don’t get why the words have different connotations. No worries boo. I don’t want to detract from the thread... stay safe everyone!

Bat
09-09-2019, 05:44 PM

If they are implementing this is because someone has been mass scanning the DB leak for old functioning passwords. Keeping hush won't solve anything or make them go "The cheaters aren't talking about this, maybe we don't need it after all".

They're implementing it and that's a fact, just like they implemented reCaptcha V2 on AC games even when everybody complained about it, it won't be long before they use the less intrusive V3 on the whole site.

Deescalate what?

We're a cheating community that's publicly discussing the latest countermeasures that Neopets has put in place to derail our cheating solutions. They're watching us, and they'll be waiting for us to retaliate so that they can try something else on us. Perhaps not talking about what we know would disarm the situation a bit? I don't get why you're so eager to argue this point, Daviid. I for one am in no hurry to engage the Neopets team in an arms race of counter-coding. Deescalation means keeping quiet about what we know so that they stop trying to fight back against us when we work around it.

Daviid
09-09-2019, 05:59 PM
We're a cheating community that's publicly discussing the latest countermeasures that Neopets has put in place to derail our cheating solutions. They're watching us, and they'll be waiting for us to retaliate so that they can try something else on us. Perhaps not talking about what we know would disarm the situation a bit? I don't get why you're so eager to argue this point, Daviid. I for one am in no hurry to engage the Neopets team in an arms race of counter-coding. Deescalation means keeping quiet about what we know so that they stop trying to fight back against us when we work around it.

It'll take literally 2 minutes for any programmer at Neo to download any of our programs and check what they do, if this "arms race of counter-coding" hasn't happened yet is because Nickelodeon didn't give a fuck about it, they just wanted to make money with NC and tolerated a little cheating.

Jumpstart is stepping up their game, as I said this is not to stop cheaters but to stop hackers scanning for unchanged passwords from the leak. We're just bystanders hit by a stray bullet.

Keeping quiet about what we know? What do we know? That they're using Stackpath's CDN, they could be using Cloudflare just the same. Do you see people conspiring to bypass cloudflare? No, it's all publicly available. Just deobfuscate the javascript they inject and emulate it.

This isn't a game changer, this is old, bots where always supposed to emulate a real person browsing the web, it's just that we could be lazy because TNT didn't have any way to check for that and what little they used to check for/stop bots was bypassed easily and publicly (e.g dark pixel in shop captchas or inserting an hidden image that makes a request to a specific URL, this last one coders didn't even bother to emulate, so you can see how little TNT cared).

Technology evolves and now they have solutions readily available to try and stop botters, so every user here should know before they use a program all willy-nilly.

Arnie
09-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Aw. Not again.
I lost some dear accounts I've built legally (except for the multi account part) the last time they did that :s

Flordibel
09-09-2019, 06:55 PM
I just don't understand why they are breaking their website with these changes. Extremely unprofessional, especially when they could be testing these changes on a test/development server before going live. These are standard practices. :S

At the same time, most of our programmers are still here so updates can be made. No one knows if this is entirely to track potential cheaters, which is not a great method to be using.

On the bright side, clraik is getting more traffic because the main game is messy at the moment. :clever:

What, you don't test your code in PRD? /s

Memes aside, thanks for the heads-up y'all. Much appreciated.

PrettySarcastic
09-09-2019, 06:57 PM
The absolute lack of professional communication and support on Neopets should be embarassing to them, especially considering how much they rely on constant revenue streams from users pouring money into their NC Mall, not even going into premium.

It would take 5 minutes to compose a statement about server transitioning and what it would impact and an estimated timeline for stability, but apparently their paying userbase hasn't even earned that.

Forget testing this stuff on the back end before dumping it into the wild like Joe suggested.

Tremendously infuriating. I genuinely appreciate all the updates and additional info the minds here have put forth, though, and I'm sure in the end we'll make the best of it.

<3

I_royalty_I
09-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Time to wait and see if there�s some fun lag to churn out some dupes lol

Koto
09-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Thanks so much for keeping us all posted! Personally doing recommended best practice from our programmers and disable the few daily bots I have going until we know what's what.

Echoing the frustration around the total lack of transparency on legitimate channels and general fuckery with live production testing.

Goddammit
09-10-2019, 10:24 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Odd again

Thanks for being the best, Odd.

SmileYaDead
09-10-2019, 11:39 AM

If they are implementing this is because someone has been mass scanning the DB leak for old functioning passwords.

Didn't several people do that years ago? I can guess a few names just by lurking. And by years I mean like 2-3 years back.

Daviid
09-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Didn't several people do that years ago? I can guess a few names just by lurking. And by years I mean like 2-3 years back.

I'm sure, but apparently they knew what they were doing.
There must be some newbie scanning nonstop so it pissed TNT off.

kiara
09-10-2019, 01:23 PM
This is so annoying, scripts and bots have made playing Neopets better for me.

Milly
09-10-2019, 07:08 PM
UPDATE SEPT 10TH: It seems that TNT has disabled the "gateway" pages from showing up on Neopets.com. We still see remnants of the change that TNT added, but it does not seem to be actively attempting to block you from viewing pages on Neopets for now.

What was that? From what we can tell, TNT decided to install some new "firewall" software from a third party. The way this works is that whenever you visit a neopets.com URL, instead of going to a Neopets web server, you would instead be sent to the third party service to have your computer/device and browser fingerprinted and passed through a proprietary system to determine whether or not you are a "real" user. The intent was to block bots and automated traffic. You would need to be authenticated as a "real" user every few pages that you visit on neopets.com.

Unfortunately, this service is not compatible with the way that Neopets is set up to be played, which is the reason for all of the errors we saw on Sunday and Monday of this week.

For example, submitting your Flash game scores would "break" every so often if you took too long to play the game. Since you need to be re-authenticated every few minutes, if you attempted to send your game score without re-authenticating by loading a page on neopets.com, your score would just be denied since the score sending system isn't set up to do that. The same thing happens with the Super Shop Wizard: since you don't need to refresh the page with the Super Shop Wizard, you eventually lose your authentication and the SSW is not set up to authenticate you.

We are unsure if TNT plans to turn this system back on. From what we can tell, the "gateway" authenticating has been turned off, but all requests to neopets.com are still being routed through the third party system, so it could in theory be turned back on at any time.

From Jellyneo, this sounds positive. I still wont be botting until admin gives us the thumbs up

kiara
09-10-2019, 07:38 PM
I'm worried about how this is going to impact the future of Clraik, I don't want this amazing community to end.

PrettySarcastic
09-10-2019, 07:40 PM
For example, submitting your Flash game scores would "break" every so often if you took too long to play the game. Since you need to be re-authenticated every few minutes, if you attempted to send your game score without re-authenticating by loading a page on neopets.com, your score would just be denied since the score sending system isn't set up to do that. The same thing happens with the Super Shop Wizard: since you don't need to refresh the page with the Super Shop Wizard, you eventually lose your authentication and the SSW is not set up to authenticate you.

This sounds like the kind of brilliance I expect from this version of TNT.

It's kind of like when the VP of a company makes some financial decision for his bottom line, having zero understanding of how it will impact people several tiers below him trying to do their jobs. Just thoughtless.

I guess we'll see how / if they adjust the system to compensate for their game not being set up to work the way this re-authentication service they purchased into to combat bots functions.

j03
09-10-2019, 08:17 PM
I'm worried about how this is going to impact the future of Clraik, I don't want this amazing community to end.

*facepalm*

ZeroTwo
09-10-2019, 08:54 PM

this will never end B)

Serpent Rider
09-10-2019, 11:40 PM

We always tend to find a way, I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's only so much a website can do before cheaters figure how to out-manoeuvre it.

borotalco
09-11-2019, 05:36 AM
The games are working now, I could send score even after staring at the screen for long.

kiara
09-11-2019, 08:53 AM
*facepalm*

this will never end B)

We always tend to find a way, I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's only so much a website can do before cheaters figure how to out-manoeuvre it.

Well it's nice to know it's not that serious. Yeah you're right, we'll find a way.

Bat
09-12-2019, 12:24 PM
We have concluded our tests for changes to the Neopets site. Our programs have been reactivated, and any scripts you were previously using will not require updates. Thanks for bearing with us on this!

Always remember to cheat carefully, everyone!

Bat
09-13-2019, 12:39 PM
I'm reopening this due to additional shenanigans. The Neopets team has begun rolling out captcha verification for the entire site, as well as measures to altogether block access to the site from certain IP addresses. We are not yet aware of the extent of these changes, however any interruption to your Neopets experience will also affect the use of programs and scripts. Please be careful to limit your use of any bots until further notice.

Pug
09-13-2019, 12:45 PM
I'm reopening this due to additional shenanigans. The Neopets team has begun rolling out captcha verification for the entire site, as well as measures to altogether block access to the site from certain IP addresses. We are not yet aware of the extent of these changes, however any interruption to your Neopets experience will also affect the use of programs and scripts. Please be careful to limit your use of any bots until further notice.

Thanks, Odd. Be careful guys! I walked away for 10 mins and came back to be greeted with this:

Clearing browser cache seems to get around it, although it could be that bans only last for a short time.

Stardew
09-13-2019, 12:47 PM
More shenanigans? Ugh.

I was wondering why some pages were just coming up as completely blank. I assume those should be captchas that are just not loading for me. Brilliant.
GOOD GRIEF TNT. How to annoy your crumbling, PAYING player base 101!

Pug
09-13-2019, 01:34 PM
A (legit) guild member was also blocked when she opened her dailies folder consisting of 53 tabs. Some small re-assurance for anybody who's already been blocked that legit users are also getting locked out, I imagine their Stackpath logs are already quite full with a mix of both cheaters and legitimate users.

xCarRadio
09-13-2019, 02:13 PM
I received an email for one of my shells...
"We have reset your password for security reasons as a precautionary measure. Reset and change your password by following the url below. You will not be able to login until you have done this. Don't worry, resetting your password is pretty simple.

But please, please do not reuse a password you had on Neopets before!

Just click on the following link (or paste it in your browser). Once there, follow the instructions to create a new password. Then you'll be able to log into your account."

When I clicked the link I got a page that said;

"This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.
This process is automatic, you will be redirected to the requested URL once the validation process is complete"

Furina
09-13-2019, 03:22 PM
Getting this error trying to change an email! I'd avoid doing that now in case anything happens [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Daviid
09-13-2019, 05:17 PM

I haven't seen sitewide captcha yet though, is it only for VPNs?

Edit: Apparently it's for multiple fast requests, such as playing NQ2, according to someone in the boards.

master4you2
09-13-2019, 05:21 PM
I haven't seen anything through my vpn yet.

Sarada
09-13-2019, 05:24 PM

A friend of mine got the stackpath screen without using programs nor vpns. So I imagine you can get captchas too.

Bat
09-13-2019, 05:28 PM

We've gotten a few reports from players in Brazil who are getting hit with captcha pages while browsing the site itself:

Everybody else seems to be reporting temporary bans from the site.

master4you2
09-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Jeezzz.. I'll put the site down till they get their shit together.

Pug
09-13-2019, 05:38 PM

Edit: Apparently it's for multiple fast requests, such as playing NQ2, according to someone in the boards.

I was Stackpath banned earlier on, I'm in the UK. I left an autoplayer running for 10 mins (Kiss the Mortog/Dice a Roo kind of script, I won't be specific heh).

Flordibel
09-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Is Stackpath a security service or some kind of... code thing, e.g. in the vein of a "cert path error?" (If that question makes sense...?)

Pug
09-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Is Stackpath a security service or some kind of... code thing, e.g. in the vein of a "cert path error?" (If that question makes sense...?)

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but Stackpath is a content delivery network (CDN). What we're encountering is a firewall/WAF service they offer, similar to the one Cloudflare offers.

Bat
09-13-2019, 05:52 PM

StackPath is being used to slow down whatever the Neopets team has deemed to be "excessive" traffic from a given browser or IP address. They were also attempting a bit of client-side verification earlier in the week, but the latest change is focusing on attacking automation by counting your page requests and throwing up full-stops and captchas when they think you're too busy to be human. The trouble at the moment is that it's faulty, and it's flagging people who aren't doing anything wrong.

Flordibel
09-13-2019, 06:11 PM
That answers my question - thank you both!!

Strat
09-13-2019, 09:23 PM
This is bloody ridiculous, can't even go from the main front page to my inventory *once* without being locked out with that shitty validation. Great way to finally kill the site TNT. If people cannot even browse the site legitimately without hitting a barrier like this, they won't bother and leave. *sigh*

Meepit
09-13-2019, 10:35 PM
Got this dumb shit while looking through the boards the boards. Fuck this.

It wont work with my ad block enabled lol fuck you tnt.

Peanutface
09-13-2019, 11:38 PM
pooglemix you said you were Stackpath banned. But did you loose your account?

Styx
09-14-2019, 12:07 AM
thank you for the prompt communication about these changes, while tnt continues to keep mum and treat its user base like rubbish.

Crow
09-14-2019, 12:21 AM
Yeah I'm just trying to access Trudy's Surprise and it's been giving me the "This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.
This process is automatic, you will be redirected to the requested URL once the validation process is complete" thing for literally 10 mins so far...

Marius
09-14-2019, 04:28 AM
TNT meeting be like

- How many players do we want to loose this month ?
- Yes

Mindfang
09-14-2019, 04:45 AM
StackPath is being used to slow down whatever the Neopets team has deemed to be "excessive" traffic from a given browser or IP address.

oh i was wondering what this was. i cant play legit sakhmet solitaire too quickly or ill get banned. fuck you if youre good at html games i guess.

Pug
09-14-2019, 07:16 AM
pooglemix you said you were Stackpath banned. But did you loose your account?

No, account is fine.

Corliss
09-14-2019, 11:21 AM
They posted an update in the editorial: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

PrettySarcastic
09-14-2019, 12:52 PM
#SavedYouAClick

Tech update: Hi all! Apologies in advance if you experience any trouble with some site pages. We are working on improving our pages security and how you interact with them for a better user experience. These tests will be going on for the next few weeks so if you experience site errors this is most likely the cause. If you continue experiencing issue please contact support.

Yes, contact support, nice. I'm sure that Lucille, Rico, Alice, and Tony Penis know just what to do.

superduperpuppu
09-15-2019, 06:20 AM
I wonder how much neopet usage will decrease by. I'm sure a decent chunk of the remaining NP community uses bots in one shape or form.

TornApart
09-15-2019, 11:47 AM
i hope most of the bots still work

Delibird
09-15-2019, 01:01 PM
So i just tried to load my dailies and got the 'Stacks' validation for the site. I can't even use it.

So I guess I'll wait till this blows over lol.

master4you2
09-15-2019, 02:07 PM
Yeah nothing works for me at the moment either.

DrSloth
09-15-2019, 03:02 PM
everything working fine here, even tested the bots and all

Crow
09-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Yeah I currently can't access Neopets unless I turn my adblockers off. Which I don't intend to do. So...guess I'll be waiting.

DrSloth
09-15-2019, 09:37 PM
Yeah I currently can't access Neopets unless I turn my adblockers off. Which I don't intend to do. So...guess I'll be waiting.

my adblock is on and neo working as usual for me buddy, i use this one [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Sezy
09-16-2019, 02:38 AM
I can't access neo on my phone at all
Get stuck on that silly validation page...

Also, does this mean neo is officially cheat proof?
Or in time will we find a way around this? :/

Achyfi
09-16-2019, 02:46 AM
I can't access neo on my phone at all
Get stuck on that silly validation page...

Also, does this mean neo is officially cheat proof?
Or in time will we find a way around this? :/

I'm not having any trouble with scripts, at the least!

Milly
09-16-2019, 02:20 PM
Im still running the auto-trainer and foodclub script, anybody abing? LOL

motherfucker
09-16-2019, 03:13 PM
The food club betting script is working just fine for me. I didn't even have issues during their transition.

master4you2
09-16-2019, 05:01 PM
Abing seems to still be very broken with the changes.

Vespertine
09-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Not sure about everyone else but Stealth Core seems to be having a lot of issues too. I'm getting a lot of "input string" and "index was outside of array" type problems since the program came back online.

gonzo69
09-17-2019, 06:32 AM
neoquest python players not working for me

QueenFyora
09-17-2019, 07:29 AM
Is Majin working for anybody atm? I keep getting an error 403.. forbidden :/

TornApart
09-17-2019, 12:48 PM
it keeps not even letting me go to my inventory on edge

Pug
09-17-2019, 04:09 PM
neoquest python players not working for me

This is the one I'm gutted about :( same boat.

Wynd
09-19-2019, 03:34 PM
I haven't seen any capchas myself, but yeah, Daily Doer doesn't work for me anymore :(

borotalco
09-19-2019, 03:39 PM
NQ2 python auto player still works for me.

Pug
09-19-2019, 03:53 PM
NQ2 python auto player still works for me.

This one? ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I'll have a go at fixing up the NQ1 script if you can confirm this one still works?

borotalco
09-19-2019, 04:01 PM
This one? ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I'll have a go at fixing up the NQ1 script if you can confirm this one still works?

Yes, it works. I used it today. Although I only run it like 30-40 mins daily, so I could have found the time without captcha activated.

Not sure about NQ1 since I've done that weeks ago.

gonzo69
09-20-2019, 03:28 AM
Yes, it works. I used it today. Although I only run it like 30-40 mins daily, so I could have found the time without captcha activated.

Not sure about NQ1 since I've done that weeks ago.

For me the first action works fine and then it doesn't perform any further actions. So if the hero has to travel 8 slots west it moves west once and doesn't do anything else.

SomeClown
09-20-2019, 04:24 AM
These security pages seem to be implimented heavily for the weekends...

PrettySarcastic
09-20-2019, 10:13 AM
They really REALLY need to disable them on password changes. Updating password is a security thing. I've had it time out on me (you were directed here from the wrong place) 6+ times consecutively due to stack verification loading pages.

Politoed
09-20-2019, 10:47 AM
I havent had alot of issues tbh, but I dont ab xD Maybe i'm just lucky? I also havent been running scripts at all.

CopycatNinja
09-20-2019, 11:06 PM
so, im getting a stackpath loading screen on almost every page and every refresh. it seems most people on the neoboards arent as affected as i am, does anyone have any idea why i get them so often? im trying to rs legit while this is going on, but it also happens to me doing my casual dailies at a pretty slow speed. i tried clearing my history and cookies and that didnt help at all :(

DrSloth
09-21-2019, 12:14 AM
so, im getting a stackpath loading screen on almost every page and every refresh. it seems most people on the neoboards arent as affected as i am, does anyone have any idea why i get them so often? im trying to rs legit while this is going on, but it also happens to me doing my casual dailies at a pretty slow speed. i tried clearing my history and cookies and that didnt help at all :(

I don't know how to help, the only thing I noticed is that when logging to main main without proxy on StealthCore it will ignore it on the list, but all the others who has exclusive proxy will login fine, the only problem with them is that food club will never make its bets, when the bots reach that step it gives an error (which i assume it's the stackpath showing up).

But otherwise than that, i've been running scripts all the time and had it show up 2 for me, which is basically nothing since i let scripts running 24/7 and there has been 3+ days since it last showed up on my real main.

I really wish I could go back to using SC for all my activities but other than a few more minutes i have to spend doing it manually on chrome because some of the scripts give me error on firefox, i don't have much to complain.

I hope you are able to have it showing up less soon enough, it sucks to know tnt is putting so many of their users at such a huge stress just to legit play the game.

And just to add, i'm sooo grateful for having this community where we all can share our experiences and be aware of what's happening in a wider picture instead of just our own.

Sezy
09-21-2019, 03:05 AM

Yup I have the same problem but only when im on my phone
When i use the pc I don't think I've even seen that verification page thing at all

Mr. 49
09-21-2019, 04:20 AM
uBlock Origin makes it much worse for me. I hate to turn it off to use the site :\

Stardew
09-21-2019, 04:32 AM
For phones running into the Stackpath thing, I think using incognito mode helped. Don't have a clue why, but it helped for me. :D

Sezy
09-21-2019, 12:58 PM
For phones running into the Stackpath thing, I think using incognito mode helped. Don't have a clue why, but it helped for me. :D

Hmmmm
I found that turning off the wifi from my phone and just using the 4g stops the problem
Strange?

lorie
09-21-2019, 02:28 PM
Browsing in mobile is impossible . Not too many issues on computer.

Dress to impress is affected by this and it�s pissing me off. Is tnt trying to shoo people Away

TornApart
09-22-2019, 03:26 AM
has anyone noticed that kiko pop, and the wheel's not working properly on chrome?

SomeClown
09-22-2019, 04:26 AM
has anyone noticed that kiko pop, and the wheel's not working properly on chrome?

not one bit.

I actually have still yet to run into many issues...i forgot to turn my NQ2 trainer off, but i love having a full list of REs in my scripts :D

Old but gold
09-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Hey.. i just logged in an account i didn't log in for a good time. I'm using a private proxy and i'm stuck in a preferences page.
The site is requesting me to allow downloads from the site, but i don't know if i should give 'em permission :I

Any help?
I just' can't load any other page without allowing downloads.

RealisticError
09-22-2019, 11:20 PM
I usually hate doomsayers for old games like Neopets, but considering the fact that it feels like 80% of the playerbase is cheating in some way, this might be the end...it's a bit sad to see they're alienating their only users (even if it is technically against the rules...)

Edit:

Hey.. i just logged in an account i didn't log in for a good time. I'm using a private proxy and i'm stuck in a preferences page.
The site is requesting me to allow downloads from the site, but i don't know if i should give 'em permission :I

Any help?
I just' can't load any other page without allowing downloads.

There's no reason at all they should be downloading shit onto your PC, the only requirement they have is flash and that is downloaded offsite, very well could be a bad ad that's trying to keylog you or some weird shit, I'm not sure...but I am definitely sure that Neopets should not need downloads allowed

superduperpuppu
09-23-2019, 08:58 PM

You have to click the
"i" in the top left corner (to the right of the url) to manually enable flash. This has to be repeated everytime you close the chrome browser.

motherfucker
09-24-2019, 08:17 AM
I mean, despite the negative side-effects of this change, I no longer have to log into my account anymore...
It keeps me logged in on both my browser on my computer as well as my iPhone.
No idea if this is a security issue or not, but it helps my lazy ass.

lorie
09-24-2019, 12:22 PM
omg, dress to impress being down is about to end me
also a lot of items are missing from the categories,, :(

Flordibel
09-24-2019, 06:31 PM
omg, dress to impress being down is about to end me
also a lot of items are missing from the categories,, :(

For REAL I just want to dress up my pets but half my closet is missing.

Doge
09-25-2019, 07:30 AM
I tried logging on mobile too. So far my problem on it is when I try to open a gbc it would just get stuck into the "stackpath loading"

Using my laptop. I have no problems so far.[COLOR="Silver"]

lorie
09-29-2019, 06:33 PM
Has anyone been using the majin scoresender? I have been too scared to since stackpath

LadyMoon
09-29-2019, 07:36 PM
Has anyone been using the majin scoresender? I have been too scared to since stackpath

Nope. Was going to earlier try today, but my SS seems to have lost its mind and thinks its outdated when it isn't lol.

Mikal
09-30-2019, 12:13 AM

Are tests still ongoing for this?

Bat
11-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Sorry for the delay, everyone!

We've been busy experimenting with safe and reliable ways to accommodate Neopets StackPath validation in our apps. We greatly appreciate your patience, and we're hoping to have updates soon. Meanwhile, we've confirmed that our Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey scripts are good to go! Please bear in mind that the validation process may occasionally interrupt scripts that do not have recovery behaviors built-in, so you might need to rerun a script if it encounters an error. This does not mean that a script is broken, nor does it mean that the Neopets team has caught you. Validation is just a standard part of the Neopets gaming experience.

As always, please cheat carefully!