PDA

View Full Version : Need some great two player online games

Kylae
12-16-2011, 11:03 PM
I need some fun two player games that can be played online. Nothing too MMO-ey, no massively killing zombies or other FPS stuff. I love Dungeon Defenders but my friend hates it, we basically only play League of Legends together but I want something out of the genre.

Mike
12-16-2011, 11:04 PM
You talking as in that's an idea for the site or Internet wide?

Inq
12-17-2011, 12:37 AM
I really like Borderlands: great fun with two people, and probably quite cheap now, I'd imagine. If you find it too easy, which you probably wouldn't unless you've got a history of playing competitive FPSs, you can also hack the difficulty a bit. (I can tell you how to do that, if you do decide to get it).

It's an FPS at heart, yeah, but also an RPG. Think a slightly more shooty Fallout/Oblivion game, and you're getting close.

Kristin
12-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Are you talking about games for a console or online?

Kylae
12-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Online, something I can either get on Steam, or even like Gamestop or whatever, but has to be the computer, online and two player.

Inq
12-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Dungeon Defenders and LoL are both computer only, so I'd imagine non-console.

Not that I know why you'd want to play Dungeon Defenders. I bought it in the Steam sale for

Kylae
12-17-2011, 12:42 AM
I love Dungeon Defenders, because I love tower defenses, so it's right up my alley, but it bores the crap out of my friend, while I personally could sit there for hours farming survival.. if I could survive..

Kristin
12-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Meh, I used to play Dungeon and Dragons Online. It's free, but it's pretty "MMO-y".

Inq
12-17-2011, 12:49 AM
It's just the set-up time that I find a bit irritating. I know on higher difficulties that's less of an issue, but I feel that the intervals between action just seem a bit too long.

If you want something purely strategic, there's Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers. It's a card game simulator. I don't know if other people find it any good, but it's fun for me, as someone who's been playing the real-life version for a very long time.

There's also Dawn of War II, Civilization V, Dungeon Siege III, that new ANNO game? I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Pretty much all of my games are FPSs.

Shichibukai
12-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Play Counter Strike Source, its epic. Ive loved it the most since forever xD

Miguel
12-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Internet chess? XP

Rainbowpie
12-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Uhm... uhm... uhm... Keyquest?? ::sheepish::
If you were looking for single-player games I'd totally recommend Bastion xD but you are not.
Have you guys tried Diablo? That can be fun in multi-player :)

Miguel
12-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Oh I just remembered, if you like Oblivion theres a mod that lets you play with another person. Me and a friend tried it, it was kinda stupid but cool at the same time when we finally got it to work