PDA

View Full Version : [+REP] So tinypic is shutting down.. need image uploader

Ph0enix
08-05-2019, 01:05 PM
Tinypic is shutting down and it was the only website I knew with a free image upload and direct link so I can code lookups. I am insanely frustrated trying to find a site that will host a large image for free. Please let me know if you know of way to make a layout. Will give full rep.

Bat
08-05-2019, 01:11 PM
I use Imgur ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) for image uploads. When an image finishes uploading, you can right-click on it and select "Copy Image Location" to retrieve the direct url to the image file. If it gives you a blob url instead, then just refresh the page and try right-clicking again.

kiara
08-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Definitely Imgur, you need to create an account anyway but it's still free and it does it's job pretty well. Good luck!

Platypus
08-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Agreed about Imgur. I host all my graphics and petsite artwork there and they've never let me down. The layout is nice and its easy to navigate.

Menine
08-05-2019, 01:40 PM
I use imgur. But screenshot ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is also a good image uploader :)

kadoaties
08-05-2019, 08:52 PM
There are Imgur ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), imgBB ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), Pasteboard ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and more.

txtsd
08-05-2019, 08:57 PM
imgur ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is the way to go.

PrettySarcastic
08-05-2019, 09:31 PM
Yeah I can't say imgur enough. It's probably not dying anytime soon either. =D

ZeroTwo
08-05-2019, 09:35 PM
imgBB ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
or
Pasteboard ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
&
Imgur ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Ph0enix
08-06-2019, 12:30 PM
I use Imgur ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) for image uploads. When an image finishes uploading, you can right-click on it and select "Copy Image Location" to retrieve the direct url to the image file. If it gives you a blob url instead, then just refresh the page and try right-clicking again.

Omg thank you! I was trying to do this with "view image info" and copying it but half the sites I tried wouldn't accept the picture size so they would resize it.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Thank you all I tried giving rep to everyone but I gave the max today so I will try to remember for tomorrow!

Lady Alice
08-07-2019, 06:11 AM
Oh man, tinypic was around forever. There's gonna be a lot of broken images in old lookups now I bet.

Synth Salazzle
08-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Imgur is my personal favorite and I will stand by it until the day I die.

Photobucket went to shit, but that's what I used to use.