PDA

View Full Version : How to be dummy rich in FR?

ripslinga
07-20-2019, 08:13 PM
I always see people braggy about being "dummy rich" on FR, in drama rising...

So how does everyone make their t/g? Since the whole ban wave happened, i have been old grinding my heart out to try to acquire EVERYTHING i lost >.<
What are your ways of getting quick funds? what works and what doesnt?
any help on trying to recatch up would be nice x.x

Synth Salazzle
07-21-2019, 08:21 PM
Most of those people are artists or cheaters with very very little in between. The rest of them either spend gems, or have no life and dedicate every bit of free time to grinding coli and flipping marketplace items.

LaVey
07-22-2019, 09:48 AM
umm whats this about a ban wave? did a bunch of cheaters get discovered? i made an account here to hopefully buy gems cheaper but i dont want to do it if it means risking my account.

to answer your question though ive always made my t by leveling fodder in the mire and my g by selling bogsneak eggs i made at baldwin's.

Dot
07-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Be dummy rich irl and spend a lot of money on buying gems. There are two or three users who definitely spend a lot. They don't exalt dragons or do art, yet their lairs are filled with expensive G1s.

Ghoul123
07-22-2019, 01:23 PM
I also noticed that people acquired a huge amount of currency/rares by cross-site trading. Like I remember the davppervolk kicker starter going up and I (sadly) didn't purchase a pack, but one of the codes that costed around 100 CAD at the time now goes for around 100kg on FR (which is well worth over 100 cad). And that goes for all the DV ks codes as I'm sure they'll go for a lot as time goes on.

But yeah being rich on another website and just letting your items/whatever age is one way to become super rich on another. Who knows, maybe your items that you have on FR right now will be worth tons in like 8 years XDDD

Synth Salazzle
07-22-2019, 02:15 PM
I also noticed that people acquired a huge amount of currency/rares by cross-site trading. Like I remember the davppervolk kicker starter going up and I (sadly) didn't purchase a pack, but one of the codes that costed around 100 CAD at the time now goes for around 100kg on FR (which is well worth over 100 cad). And that goes for all the DV ks codes as I'm sure they'll go for a lot as time goes on.

But yeah being rich on another website and just letting your items/whatever age is one way to become super rich on another. Who knows, maybe your items that you have on FR right now will be worth tons in like 8 years XDDD

I forgot about that point. Though I'm not sure which currencies are worth it to trade for FR. I know furvilla has a 1:1 ratio with both premium and regular currencies though. But good luck finding someone willing to trade. It's usually the other way around that's easier.

ripslinga
07-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Most of those people are artists or cheaters with very very little in between. The rest of them either spend gems, or have no life and dedicate every bit of free time to grinding coli and flipping marketplace items.

makes me kind of sad i have 0 artistic ability tbh lol

Synth Salazzle
07-22-2019, 04:18 PM
makes me kind of sad i have 0 artistic ability tbh lol

Realistically, if you practice you will obtain it over time. Artistic ability is rarely just there naturally. Trust me, if you want it. Spend quite a few years at it.

ripslinga
07-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Realistically, if you practice you will obtain it over time. Artistic ability is rarely just there naturally. Trust me, if you want it. Spend quite a few years at it.

yeah i should practice and make some small adoptables maybe ... >.< for now i'll just buy cute art lol

Synth Salazzle
07-24-2019, 03:26 PM
yeah i should practice and make some small adoptables maybe ... >.< for now i'll just buy cute art lol

I encourage you!

ripslinga
07-24-2019, 03:27 PM
I encourage you!

ahh thank you for the faith XD
i have a lot of artist friends so maybe they can give me some tips.. i totally need to get a tablet

first > learn art
second> get dummy FR rich :o_o:

Synth Salazzle
07-24-2019, 07:01 PM
beep boop edited because FR staff has a hate boner

PabstBlueRibbon
07-27-2019, 10:06 PM
ahh thank you for the faith XD
i have a lot of artist friends so maybe they can give me some tips.. i totally need to get a tablet

first > learn art
second> get dummy FR rich :o_o:

Dude, you can get started now with Paint and a mouse. Pixel art sells pretty well and is perfect for little adoptables, and is basically you just making art: Pixel by pixel. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

When I used to play DC I got my toes into art by making custom pixel eggs. They were actually really easy to make in GIMP, but I was taught how to in Paint (it's been years, but if I can find one of my old eggs, I'll post it for you to see). They're very easy to refine from a lineart sketch and can become very detailed. (I remember once being on a pinglist in FR for pixel adoptables, they'd open 25 slots, ping the list and no lie, the thing would be filled in 4 minutes. They also charged a $1 or 250g each.)

ripslinga
07-27-2019, 10:22 PM
Dude, you can get started now with Paint and a mouse. Pixel art sells pretty well and is perfect for little adoptables, and is basically you just making art: Pixel by pixel. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

When I used to play DC I got my toes into art by making custom pixel eggs. They were actually really easy to make in GIMP, but I was taught how to in Paint (it's been years, but if I can find one of my old eggs, I'll post it for you to see). They're very easy to refine from a lineart sketch and can become very detailed. (I remember once being on a pinglist in FR for pixel adoptables, they'd open 25 slots, ping the list and no lie, the thing would be filled in 4 minutes. They also charged a $1 or 250g each.)

whoa now i want to try this XD thank you so much for pointing it out!

PabstBlueRibbon
07-27-2019, 10:37 PM
whoa now i want to try this XD thank you so much for pointing it out!

Here's DC's wikia page: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

(don't join the game, if you think FR's comm is toxic, realize that FR doesn't have an entry in Encyclopeidia Dramatica for all that it should with the SJW stuff, but DC does).

Now that I'm thinking on what I used to do. Because I often have trouble visualizing, a way to get around that would be by cutting and pasting parts (like, the legs of one dragon, the wing pose of another, the head of a third, paste on the horns of a fourth) into a rough and frankly horrible chimera, then smoothing it all out as I went over it again. It got me into the neighborhood of the design I wanted, gave me good practice at seeing how to connect the body parts I wanted and kept me out of trouble with the crazy "you traced art!!!11!!1!" crowd.

Take a look at any of the eggs on that list (they link to the hatchling and dragon too), and blow it up until you can see each pixel (sometimes it's 500-700% for me), and from there it's easy and kinda fun to figure out how to get the effects you want when you shrink it down to the original 100%.

..... We should totally go do pixel art in the Art forum here, kinda as a way to give each other encouragement, actually.

ripslinga
07-28-2019, 09:30 AM
Here's DC's wikia page: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

(don't join the game, if you think FR's comm is toxic, realize that FR doesn't have an entry in Encyclopeidia Dramatica for all that it should with the SJW stuff, but DC does).

Now that I'm thinking on what I used to do. Because I often have trouble visualizing, a way to get around that would be by cutting and pasting parts (like, the legs of one dragon, the wing pose of another, the head of a third, paste on the horns of a fourth) into a rough and frankly horrible chimera, then smoothing it all out as I went over it again. It got me into the neighborhood of the design I wanted, gave me good practice at seeing how to connect the body parts I wanted and kept me out of trouble with the crazy "you traced art!!!11!!1!" crowd.

Take a look at any of the eggs on that list (they link to the hatchling and dragon too), and blow it up until you can see each pixel (sometimes it's 500-700% for me), and from there it's easy and kinda fun to figure out how to get the effects you want when you shrink it down to the original 100%.

..... We should totally go do pixel art in the Art forum here, kinda as a way to give each other encouragement, actually.

yeah i don't want to be hated by the community with stuff like that x.x

We should have a pixel art thread omg!! owo

PabstBlueRibbon
07-29-2019, 10:53 AM
ripslinga

Took me a while, seems the old pixel art thread up and died (so honestly, you could just go in and grab their examples and work on your own from those models). They asked for 1 million T just to unlock the guardian base for a new pixel sprite and got it.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Here's a finished example:

Their whole shop looks like it's been dead for ages, and honestly, the best pixel art around are those fish-tank,planter ones going around. So the field's pretty open for new pixel dragons.

There's also the whole 'landscape" pixel thing. I found this locked lair because of a dragon in the randomizer not long ago. Each dragon has some awesome animated pixel lanscapes (I copied them out like a second after finding them, lol).

In hind sight-if we do do a pixel practice thread, it may be a very good idea to make it invite-only if possible and stick to strict stuff as practice (balls, gif. making, things not related to our desired selling area and the like). Last thing any of us wants/needs is for the nutsos on FR or any other petsite to "figure out" who here has an account on the game by examining art style.

Here you go:
Let's have fun ;)

EDIT: Oh holy crap, I went and found a version of Aseprite and you can just tell it to open any picture and it pixelizes it for you and gives you the colors-used palette without being asked. Even a crap sketch gives me a workable outline to fix. *has a new toy!!*

ripslinga
07-29-2019, 03:32 PM
ripslinga

Took me a while, seems the old pixel art thread up and died (so honestly, you could just go in and grab their examples and work on your own from those models). They asked for 1 million T just to unlock the guardian base for a new pixel sprite and got it.

Here's a finished example:

Their whole shop looks like it's been dead for ages, and honestly, the best pixel art around are those fish-tank,planter ones going around. So the field's pretty open for new pixel dragons.

There's also the whole 'landscape" pixel thing. I found this locked lair because of a dragon in the randomizer not long ago. Each dragon has some awesome animated pixel lanscapes (I copied them out like a second after finding them, lol).

In hind sight-if we do do a pixel practice thread, it may be a very good idea to make it invite-only if possible and stick to strict stuff as practice (balls, gif. making, things not related to our desired selling area and the like). Last thing any of us wants/needs is for the nutsos on FR or any other petsite to "figure out" who here has an account on the game by examining art style.

Here you go:
Let's have fun ;)

EDIT: Oh holy crap, I went and found a version of Aseprite and you can just tell it to open any picture and it pixelizes it for you and gives you the colors-used palette without being asked. Even a crap sketch gives me a workable outline to fix. *has a new toy!!*

oh! those dragons are so cute and well done wow!!!

I love the plant/aquarium pixels, I want one myself honestly ahaha
those videos are pretty nice to have thank you for sharing them :O when i try it out i will share it with you guys xD it shall be called my first disaster

Synth Salazzle
07-29-2019, 04:22 PM
oh! those dragons are so cute and well done wow!!!

I love the plant/aquarium pixels, I want one myself honestly ahaha
those videos are pretty nice to have thank you for sharing them :O when i try it out i will share it with you guys xD it shall be called my first disaster

Start out with small objects to test out what you're doing, trust me. Move up to bigger stuff in time.

You can go right to something as complex as a dragon but if it turns out badly you might feel discouraged.

PabstBlueRibbon
07-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Yeah, start with what the videos have. A box, then make it a crate, add shadows. Once you get the small stuff down you can start experimenting. But getting a good feel for simple things first is best.

Synth Salazzle
07-30-2019, 08:19 AM
beep boop edited because FR staff has a hate boner :)

PabstBlueRibbon
08-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Ugh... the stupid game's sucked me back in. (The one nice development in the four years I've been gone. I can "purchase" eggs I want, if i have enough points, instead of messing with the nest of vipers that is the forums.)

ripslinga I found another page in the game you might like for dragon sprite ideas/practice [Only registered and activated users can see links] It's a random selection of abandoned dragons in-game. One of those videos mentioned it was important to stay inside of your limits. So you can get an idea of the detail level is possible inside of 100x100 pixels from that page. Some are better than others. But I think it's a good size to start practicing in.

ripslinga
08-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Ugh... the stupid game's sucked me back in. (The one nice development in the four years I've been gone. I can "purchase" eggs I want, if i have enough points, instead of messing with the nest of vipers that is the forums.)

ripslinga I found another page in the game you might like for dragon sprite ideas/practice [Only registered and activated users can see links] It's a random selection of abandoned dragons in-game. One of those videos mentioned it was important to stay inside of your limits. So you can get an idea of the detail level is possible inside of 100x100 pixels from that page. Some are better than others. But I think it's a good size to start practicing in.

thank you! :3