PDA

View Full Version : Guide to AOB'ing on a Mac with Bit Slicer (no more spacebar issues!)

Lyrichord
06-23-2019, 10:43 PM
Welcome to my guide to AOB'ing games that require a spacebar. This is my first guide I've ever written, and I'm no expert coder, so I hope this format is okay and that it's easy to follow.

This guide is for for mac users, like myself, who enjoy playing games on neopets and want to attain an avatar score or play through a game with unlimited lives, or other handy perks to reduce the undue stress that neopets games can often cause.

However, this guide is most especially for those who want to AOB a game that requires a spacebar, find that the spacebar doesnt work in firefox, and then even more frustratingly, find that chrome does not allow memory modification any longer. :mad:

The secret, you ask? Download the internet browser, Opera! This guide is based in that! Ps: tampermonkey also works in opera, so if you want, you can completely migrate to this browser B)

Why AOB and not score sender for these spacebar games, you might ask? I find the game play on neopets enjoyable, but I stink at it on my own. AOB'ing let's you talk about the game, know the game, and play it, without needing to be particularly skilled. AOB'ing is also safer than score sending. This way you are actually playing the game, unlike SS, which can be a bit riskier if your score/wait time gets reviewed. However, SS programs like Majin automatically include safety zones for your safety.

I use the program bit slicer, and find it a lot cleaner and easier to use than cheat engine, even though ce is available for mac. For those who already use ce and bit slicer, you'll already know the latter steps.

For those who are brand new to this and don't know what AOB means, it stands for array of bytes. Simply put, flash games processes are stored on your computer and can be modified, without alerting neopets, as long as you follow proper wait times and don't post impossible scores.

I will also be explaining the process below, with screenshots. I'm not including a link to the list of AOB codes, but if you're looking for it, it won't take you long to find it. ;)

Here's the guide!

Before you start: go to the game
Go to the game you wish to AOB. Click the "start" button - you'll see the loading screen go from 0-100% with one of the classic backgrounds. You might have to click enable flash first. Once this has happened, you'll see the start screen for the game with the instructions and the "play" button, but don't click that quite yet.

Step 1: Navigate to the Task Manager
In order to find the right process to connect to within bit slicer, you'll need to find the process ID for the shockwave flash plugin. This id changes for every game and every time you reopen the game page. (If you're playing the same game multiple times, you wont need to re-find the correct process ID, although you will want to re-enter the aob codes if the game refreshes or has a recaptcha. If you switch to a new game and want to switch back to your play the first game again, the process ID will have changed, but we're getting ahead of ourselves!)

This step is easy. At the top of your screen, click on developer, then on task manager. For this guide, I will be using Meerca Chase II as an example.

Step 2: Find the Process ID
Within the task manager, you'll see a list of processes. At the bottom, you'll see plug-in: shockwave flash, and in the right column (process ID), a 5 digit number. This is the number you'll want to use.

Step 3: Open Bit Slicer & Select the Correct Process ID
When you open up bit slicer, unlike in firefox, where you simply select the flash process, there's a list of processes for opera. This is not un-similar to Chrome. This is where the number you found in step #2 comes in handy. From the dropdown menu, Find the Opera Helper (#####) that matches the number from above, and click/select it.

Step 4: Input your AOB code
For those of you who already AOB, you'll recognize this step and can do it in your sleep. For those of you who are new to this, because you thought AOB'ing on a mac was impossible, like I did until 2 years ago, this is where the magic happens.

Select "byte array" from the dropdown menu to the right of the process selector, and then input the code you wish to change into the search bar, and hit enter. Pro tip for using bit slicer: if you have more than one part of the game code you wish to change, you can press command-t and open a new tab, and repeat the process. (The process ID will be the same). This is the "scan bytes" process, not what you'll be changing it to.

Step 5: Change the AOB code
Once you have hit enter, it will find all matches of the search term. If you double click on the boxes, it will open as a text thing (much like changing a file name on your computer) that you can rewrite. Copy (command-c) the "write bytes" or code that you wish to change this selection to, delete the current text, and hit paste (command v). Repeat this process as many times as needed. For Meerca Chase II, there are 6 lines that I had to change.

It will look like this:

And once you're done changing all the codes, it should look like this:

You are Now Ready to Play!
If everything has been done correctly, you are now ready to play. Enjoy a relaxing game of meerca chase without a fear of red neggs and your tail, or any of the other games available. Since this guide was written specifically as a work around for those experiencing ff's spacebar issues - you can now AOB faerie bubbles, hasee bounce, and any other number of games that had previously stopped working.

Thank you for visiting my guide, and I hope it was helpful. I know a lot of people have been trying to figure out a work around for the firefox/chrome spacebar/AOB issue. I just stumbled into this by accident this week, and hope it can help someone else out as well. Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll do my best to answer them. :)