PDA

View Full Version : N00b needs help! Trivial questions inside!

vesper
05-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Hi guys!

Are there any guides about keeping your neopets account safe, when you buy an uc pet? There's common sense ofc, but maybe there are some tips which can help too.
Also, let's say that I buy a pet, and I don't want the seller to know the connection between my neopets and my clraik usernames. Is this possible? How? If I trade a pc-known pet, the other party involved will know for sure who I am... so, I have to avoid doing that.

I just want to be sure that my identity will be safe if I ever buy/sell something. I've only used autobuyers some years ago, so I'm no expert.

Thanks!

Sarada
05-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Hi guys!

Are there any guides about keeping your neopets account safe, when you buy an uc pet? There's common sense ofc, but maybe there are some tips which can help too.
Also, let's say that I buy a pet, and I don't want the seller to know the connection between my neopets and my clraik usernames. Is this possible? How? If I trade a pc-known pet, the other party involved will know for sure who I am... so, I have to avoid doing that.

I just want to be sure that my identity will be safe if I ever buy/sell something. I've only used autobuyers some years ago, so I'm no expert.

Thanks!

Since there is no way to change pet names, with very very few exceptions through support, there is no way to have that uc on your main account and have the clraik seller not know your main, if that something that bothers you, you can have it on either a secondary main or a shell. Having it on a official side account poses nearly the same risks as having it on a main. Though if you put it on a secondary main and then trade it again, and the trade looks even it becomes harder for the seller to know if you traded it to another one of your accounts or another person so you can at least create some deniability.

vesper
05-21-2019, 02:01 PM
I didn't think of it. Thanks! This leads to another question. Should I use any VPN/proxy services/programs? I know nothing about them, or their costs. :S

Sarada
05-21-2019, 02:06 PM
I didn't think of it. Thanks! This leads to another question. Should I use any VPN/proxy services/programs? I know nothing about them, or their costs. :S

Depends do you plan on having more than one account, if so you definitely should, if not there's almost no point unless you're ip banned. Generally speaking paid and more obscure ones are safer due to the fact that in theory less cheaters are using them. Though I have never encountered any issues using free ones there are many people who have.

vesper
05-21-2019, 02:44 PM
Great! Thank you again!

Ph0enix
05-21-2019, 03:22 PM
There is a search bar in the upper right corner where you can search each of the guides you are asking for. They are also in the guides section, in the stickied thread named "Craik Guide Directory". There are alot of guides on account safety.

vesper
05-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Thanks a bunch!

j03
05-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Thanks a bunch!

Best to find a reputable seller you can trust. Someone that not only has a great history with the forum, trading, also does not just come here to bump their selling topics... This just shows they care about the community, their reputation and their customers. Good luck!

Politoed
05-21-2019, 06:50 PM
Best to find a reputable seller you can trust. Someone that not only has a great history with the forum, trading, also does not just come here to bump their selling topics... This just shows they care about the community, their reputation and their customers. Good luck!

I never buy from someone I dont trust, so if I was OP I'd buy from rep sellers that are active like Joe stated :)

vesper
05-21-2019, 10:45 PM

Got it! I love this rep thing. :D

Byte
05-22-2019, 11:17 AM

It depends purely on how many accounts you are running. If you are only using one account, then there's really no need to ever use a proxy or VPN service. If you are using multiple accounts, then you should use your legit/main account on your home IP. All of your illegit accounts should be handled on proxies. Some will say VPN, and arguably you can get by with VPNs, but if you go with a free VPN you are sharing the same IP addresses as other users and may get caught in a chain freeze. This is true even with a paid VPN albeit far less likely. For the strongest protection, elite or high anonymous proxies are the way to go and you generally buy them at either 1, 5, 10, 25 proxies at a time for a per month cost. You can purchase more than that, but doubtful you'd ever use more than that.

Why proxies? Because, in general, proxies are limited to one user. Even if you go with a shared proxy provider, 9 times out of 10, they aren't be used for Neopets, so you literally have an IP designated for each account that is 100% safe provided you set up your connections properly with a proxy manager. This sounds overly complicated, but the process is very simple with addons or extensions for your browser.

At the end of the day it's a choice, but for the most secure option proxies are the way to go, followed by a paid VPN service, followed by a free VPN service for multiple accounts.

vesper
05-22-2019, 01:14 PM
It depends purely on how many accounts you are running. If you are only using one account, then there's really no need to ever use a proxy or VPN service. If you are using multiple accounts, then you should use your legit/main account on your home IP. All of your illegit accounts should be handled on proxies. Some will say VPN, and arguably you can get by with VPNs, but if you go with a free VPN you are sharing the same IP addresses as other users and may get caught in a chain freeze. This is true even with a paid VPN albeit far less likely. For the strongest protection, elite or high anonymous proxies are the way to go and you generally buy them at either 1, 5, 10, 25 proxies at a time for a per month cost. You can purchase more than that, but doubtful you'd ever use more than that.

Why proxies? Because, in general, proxies are limited to one user. Even if you go with a shared proxy provider, 9 times out of 10, they aren't be used for Neopets, so you literally have an IP designated for each account that is 100% safe provided you set up your connections properly with a proxy manager. This sounds overly complicated, but the process is very simple with addons or extensions for your browser.

At the end of the day it's a choice, but for the most secure option proxies are the way to go, followed by a paid VPN service, followed by a free VPN service for multiple accounts.

I was going with a free vpn, since I found one I liked a lot, but now that you say it... I feel like I'm more safe with proxy. Thank you for your suggestion!