PDA

View Full Version : [PYTHON] Ghoul Catchers Bot UPDATED (2019)

Madotsuki
04-28-2019, 02:06 PM
Ghoul Catchers Bot
Based on the original Ghoul Catchers bot ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) made by Atlas ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
*download here* ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

For everyone who has been looking for a way to play Ghoul Catchers again, I have been using this setup for a while now. With this you can easily get a consistent 50k NP a day and all you have to do is install BlueStacks 2.5, download Ghoul Catchers through Google Play and let the bot do all the work!

The instructions on how to set it up and such are on the download page. If you run into any issues during the installation of either Python, Pillow or BlueStacks please let me know!

Known Issues
The bot will not work properly on the current version of BlueStacks due to a color scheme difference between it and version 2.5 (the one I based my implementation on). I will be working to make it functional on both versions. Until then, please use version 2.5 to have the bot working properly.

PaperBlueSky
04-28-2019, 08:42 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thank you so much :D I'm so happy it works I hate playing that stupid game lmao. It gets kinda wacky when it wants to play an ad, it doesn't know what to do, but beyond that it works really well.

Madotsuki
04-28-2019, 08:52 PM

Thank you so much :D I'm so happy it works I hate playing that stupid game lmao. It gets kinda wacky when it wants to play an ad, it doesn't know what to do, but beyond that it works really well.

lmao I'm glad that it helped!! The ads are really being a problem for me but I'm going to look into it better once it's not exams season anymore... I wish the ads would show up at a constant rate and not randomly as it would make it a lot easier to fix this issue but then again TNT is not here to help us right

babybluehun0327
04-28-2019, 11:18 PM
I can only play one game at a time. It gets stuck after the level ends. The cursor doesn't move far enough down to play again.

Madotsuki
04-29-2019, 10:17 AM
I can only play one game at a time. It gets stuck after the level ends. The cursor doesn't move far enough down to play again.

Can you send me a pic of your screenshot and the replay screen? I'll try to see what's wrong

Madotsuki
04-29-2019, 04:09 PM
UPDATE: I believe I have fixed the previously known issue where the bot had difficulty differentiating between the ad screen and the game over screen
Please re-download the bot and try it out if you'd like :) (don't forget to save your screen coordinates values so you don't have to do the whole paint thing again)

j03
04-29-2019, 05:49 PM
This is an awesome contribution! Thank you for sharing. :) + repped

lafaprod
04-30-2019, 04:10 AM
Work for one game , stuck after on the menu.. Do you have to be on fullscreen ?

Madotsuki
04-30-2019, 08:03 AM
Work for one game , stuck after on the menu.. Do you have to be on fullscreen ?
You don't have to be on fullscreen, I keep mine running on a small window for example
Make sure you got your coordinates right, and if you can please send me screenshots of your game screen and the results screen so I can see what's wrong
Also, when you say "stuck", do you mean like it tries to press the replay button but doensn't reach it (like babybluehun's problem) or does it keep trying to drag and match stuff even though there's nothing there?

kuplu
05-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Great work! I was about to update it but thanks God I saw your post :D

babybluehun0327
05-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Can you send me a pic of your screenshot and the replay screen? I'll try to see what's wrong

A screenshot won't really show what's wrong. The cursor just doesn't go far enough down to reset the level. It just repeats itself over and over until I exit the program. The cursor only goes right below where it says Nice Work! after the completion of the level.

Madotsuki
05-03-2019, 07:29 PM
A screenshot won't really show what's wrong. The cursor just doesn't go far enough down to reset the level. It just repeats itself over and over until I exit the program. The cursor only goes right below where it says Nice Work! after the completion of the level.

I wanted to see a screenshot to see how your screen looks like, as it seems the formula I have for determining the position of the replay button doesn't seem to be right for some people while it has worked for others.
I need to see how your setup looks like just to have an image of the problem in my head so I could try to understand why the formula isn't working in your case. Another thing you can do is tell me what coordinates you have written down for your screen, but really I think the screenshot would help me understand the most :)

Stocking Anarchy
05-09-2019, 04:09 AM

maybe it has something to do with your screen resolution. including what resolution your monitor is set to might help.

Mr. 49
05-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Is there any way to get frozen this way? I'd assume there's no monitoring of the game, but you never know.

Madotsuki
05-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Is there any way to get frozen this way? I'd assume there's no monitoring of the game, but you never know.

I think it's highly unlikely, considering the bot takes control of you cursor and plays as if it were a real human. Even if TNT is aware that people use this method of auto-playing GC, they'd have to actually put some effort into "tracking" and detecting the bot's behaviour I think
Besides, TNT pays 0 attention to this game as far as I can see given the state of this app. It was full of bugs until some recent updates and even still it has some really silly errors (the screen saying you've reached your NP limit even though you just played one game so far but the NP still go all the way to 50k)

sank
05-15-2019, 09:14 PM
Solves for one game then just keeps trying to match stuff on the end screen.

screenshot.py was not working, it did not save a screenshot in the folder as expected. So I took my own screenshot and opened in paint to get the coordinates. Could this be causing the issue?

Madotsuki
05-16-2019, 07:56 AM
Solves for one game then just keeps trying to match stuff on the end screen.

screenshot.py was not working, it did not save a screenshot in the folder as expected. So I took my own screenshot and opened in paint to get the coordinates. Could this be causing the issue?

I think that could be what caused it. What's the name of the directory where Screenshot.py is located? You could try searching for the name +test on your file system and see if the image shows up. For example if the file is saved in a directory named "NewGC" the image saved should be named "NewGCtest.png". Try checking if the image wasn't saved in the directory above where your folder is. Like if the folder where you saved the files is located in your Documents folder, check if the image wasn't saved there.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help with :)

sank
05-16-2019, 09:46 AM
I think that could be what caused it. What's the name of the directory where Screenshot.py is located? You could try searching for the name +test on your file system and see if the image shows up. For example if the file is saved in a directory named "NewGC" the image saved should be named "NewGCtest.png". Try checking if the image wasn't saved in the directory above where your folder is. Like if the folder where you saved the files is located in your Documents folder, check if the image wasn't saved there.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help with :)

The image was saved in the directory above! Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issue of it still trying to match ghouls when the level ends.

Madotsuki
05-16-2019, 03:02 PM
The image was saved in the directory above! Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issue of it still trying to match ghouls when the level ends.

EDIT: Never mind what I wrote before, I did some testing and I think I know what the issue is. What version of BlueStacks are you using?

sank
05-16-2019, 10:55 PM
EDIT: Never mind what I wrote before, I did some testing and I think I know what the issue is. What version of BlueStacks are you using?

I am using BlueStacks 4, the latest version (4.60.20.1002).
Your download page said the latest version is ok. Should I try 2.5 instead?

Edit: Tried to install 2.5, doesn't want to play nice with the version 4 installation on the machine.

Madotsuki
05-16-2019, 11:51 PM
I am using BlueStacks 4, the latest version (4.60.20.1002).
Your download page said the latest version is ok. Should I try 2.5 instead?

Edit: Tried to install 2.5, doesn't want to play nice with the version 4 installation on the machine.

I said the latest version was ok because it can run GC, however I did some tests with it today and found out the color scheme is slightly different and that screws up the values and how the bot interprets the colors. You should try 2.5 but you would have to uninstall 4 since you can only have one BlueStacks installation per OS.

I will update the info to say only 2.5 until I update the code to make it work properly for both versions. Sorry for the inconvenience, I had no idea that this could be a thing

sank
05-17-2019, 12:15 AM
I said the latest version was ok because it can run GC, however I did some tests with it today and found out the color scheme is slightly different and that screws up the values and how the bot interprets the colors. You should try 2.5 but you would have to uninstall 4 since you can only have one BlueStacks installation per OS.

I will update the info to say only 2.5 until I update the code to make it work properly for both versions. Sorry for the inconvenience, I had no idea that this could be a thing

No problem. Exactly which version of 2.5 should I install?

Madotsuki
05-17-2019, 12:21 AM
No problem. Exactly which version of 2.5 should I install?

I've been using 2.5.62.6296 and downloaded it from here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
Hope it works out! Let me know once you try it

sank
05-17-2019, 02:10 AM
I've been using 2.5.62.6296 and downloaded it from here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

Thank you so much!
After some initial frustrations with the BlueStacks uninstaller I have got this program working!

Thanks for troubleshooting with me and thanks for a great bot!

If anyone else has trouble downgrading their version of BlueStacks (appears to be a common issue) I used this to finally resolve the issue.

Vespertine
05-30-2019, 05:34 PM
This is probably a ridiculously obvious question, but just wanted to make sure this is meant to run on Windows and not on mobile, right? And would you have to get the desktop version of the game by linking through Facebook?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Had a moment of mental challenge lol

Jesedmoga
06-23-2019, 10:32 PM
Sorry about being so noob here but Im having trouble installing pillow.

I downloaded the latest Python (3.7.3) and there wasn't a Scripts folder, which I created after noticing that.
But cmd doesn't recognize pip or easy_install so I can't install pillow from the terminal. I also tried in python with the same result. Do you have an idea what I may be doing wrong?

morpheme
06-24-2019, 12:10 AM
Sorry about being so noob here but Im having trouble installing pillow.

I downloaded the latest Python (3.7.3) and there wasn't a Scripts folder, which I created after noticing that.
But cmd doesn't recognize pip or easy_install so I can't install pillow from the terminal. I also tried in python with the same result. Do you have an idea what I may be doing wrong?

Disregard what's in the spoiler tags unless you want to see my mistakes.

There should be a Scripts folder at C:\Users\NAME HERE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\Scripts

Try the following:

cd C:\Users\NAME HERE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32
python -m pip install --upgrade pip

I'm having trouble getting the actual bot to work myself. Running the .py script via cmd is giving me the following error:

C:\Users\myname\Desktop\GC Bot>AtlasGhoulCatcherBot.py
File "C:\Users\myname\Desktop\GC Bot\AtlasGhoulCatcherBot.py", line 37
def click((x,y)):
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

If I change the syntax, I get the following error:

File "C:\Users\myname\Desktop\GC Bot\AtlasGhoulCatcherBot.py", line 192, in <module>
go()
File "C:\Users\myname\Desktop\GC Bot\AtlasGhoulCatcherBot.py", line 31, in go
click(cc[18])
TypeError: click() missing 1 required positional argument: 'y'

Any ideas?

All right, I've got it figured out. You need to uninstall Python 3.7.X and then download and install Python 2.7.16. You can find it here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). You should then have access to pip to install pillow (cd C:\Python27\Scripts ... pip install pillow) and then the python script should work as written.

Jesedmoga
06-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Disregard what's in the spoiler tags unless you want to see my mistakes.

There should be a Scripts folder at C:\Users\NAME HERE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\Scripts

Try the following:

cd C:\Users\NAME HERE\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32
python -m pip install --upgrade pip

I'm having trouble getting the actual bot to work myself. Running the .py script via cmd is giving me the following error:

C:\Users\myname\Desktop\GC Bot>AtlasGhoulCatcherBot.py
File "C:\Users\myname\Desktop\GC Bot\AtlasGhoulCatcherBot.py", line 37
def click((x,y)):
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

If I change the syntax, I get the following error:

File "C:\Users\myname\Desktop\GC Bot\AtlasGhoulCatcherBot.py", line 192, in <module>
go()
File "C:\Users\myname\Desktop\GC Bot\AtlasGhoulCatcherBot.py", line 31, in go
click(cc[18])
TypeError: click() missing 1 required positional argument: 'y'

Any ideas?

All right, I've got it figured out. You need to uninstall Python 3.7.X and then download and install Python 2.7.16. You can find it here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). You should then have access to pip to install pillow (cd C:\Python27\Scripts ... pip install pillow) and then the python script should work as written.

Got it working!
Thank you for your help :D

klgw1992
07-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Hi, I am new to this forum and everything has been interesting so far.

I am trying out this Ghoul Catcher Bot, and have everything installed. However, the screenshot.py is not working for me as there isn't any file appearing.

Instead, I used a standard screenshot, and placed it in Paint to get the coordinates. When running the bot, the cursor flies everywhere outside my bluestack, and does not solve the puzzle for me.

For context, I have downloaded all the correct versions (Bluestack 2.5 and Python 2.7..16 and have also installed the pillow extension.)

Any help will be much appreciated!

UPDATE:

I have figured out several issues by myself. However, there is a problem that remains. While using the correct version of Bluestack 2.5, the solver does not accurately solve the puzzles, and I often find it stuck as it is repetitively choosing the wrong tiles.

Will do a full update will my solutions when I have this figured out.

In the meantime, any help on this matter will be awesome!

sank
07-15-2019, 07:23 PM
I am trying out this Ghoul Catcher Bot, and have everything installed. However, the screenshot.py is not working for me as there isn't any file appearing.

For me, the screenshot saved in the parent folder. Try going 'up' the folder chain by one and see if it is there instead?

I have my own issue too now. The program hangs on the "Would you like to watch and ad to double your reward?" screen. Keeps trying to click stuff but doesn't exit.
I haven't changed anything about my setup, but I haven't run this program for a few weeks. I did create a fresh screenshot.

felipebarroz
08-19-2019, 08:30 AM

I'll Download this version and try to use the bot.

QueenFyora
08-22-2019, 04:01 PM
I just want to say thank you for an awesome bot. I spend what feels like forever repeating the first level 50 times per day, sometimes on more than one account so this helps out MASSIVELY.

I used SCAR Divi to find the coordinates, rather than paint. Also, the bot didn't manage to close any of the ads so I made a quick SCAR script to wait until the Blue X appears, and click on it, allowing the bot to continue until finished.
I know SCAR is super old, but it can still be pretty useful :)

Thanks again!

prezli
10-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Hey, I had the same problem, but even after I installed 2.7 instead, I'm still getting SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I am a complete newbie to running these, so I legit just installed python, opened the command line window and copy-pasta'd "cd C:\Python27\Scripts" then pressed enter, and I get the error. I've tried just putting in "pip install pillow" as well, but no dice. same error. Could anyone help me out?

Edit: Had to run a "cd" line before I tried to direct it towards the Scripts folder. All solved now, and working beautifully, thank you so so so much for creating this!

dingdongcake
01-14-2020, 02:52 PM
Hi there. So I realize the author is not really active anymore and this thread might be a little inactive, but doesn't hurts to try. I'm running Phython 3.8 and Bluestacks 2.5, did que coordinates edit, but once I click the bot file, the py window pops up and disappears (as it should be) but nothing else happens. The game just sits there, my cursor doesn't even moves. Any idea on what I might be doing wrong?

pvdcmc
02-21-2020, 04:26 PM
I'll leave this here in case of anyone seeing this.
Both .py files are closing instantaneously when opened. Does someone know how to fix these?