PDA

View Full Version : Changing your IP - 3 Methods

Nik
03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR IP ADDRESS

(I think this can be used to remove an IP ban.)
There are multiple ways of changing IP, if one doesn't work just try another.
(These methods won't change static IP, they only change dynamic.)

To check your IP address go to this website ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
You should check before you try to change it so you can know if it changed.

Method A:

Unplug or turn off your modem and leave it overnight. This should change your IP address if this fails you can try one of
the other methods. (The amount of time this takes varies, for some people it will change instantly!)

Method B:

1: Go to: start menu > all programs > accessories > notepad, then copy and paste this into notepad

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
title IP Changer
color 0a
echo 0% Complete
ipconfig /release
cls
echo 33% Complete!
ipconfig /flushdns
echo 66% Complete!
ipconfig /renew
cls
echo 100% Complete!
echo.
pause"

(Remove the quotations)

2: Then save your file as .bat like shown in the screenshot below.

3: Now close notepad and locate where you saved the file.

4: Run the file and it should do this.

5: When it says "100 Complete! Press any key to continue..." Just press any key.

6: Now turn off your modem and shutdown your computer. When you have done this turn them both back on and your IP should be
changed!

Method C:

1: Connect your computer directly to your modem.

2: Now go to: start menu > all programs > accessories > command prompt

3: Now enter in the command prompt: "ipconfig /release" (Without quotations)

4: Wait a minute or until your internet disconnects

5: Now enter in the command prompt: "ipconfig /renew" (Without quotations)

Thanks for reading, if you have any suggestions or have an easier way to change your IP please let me know.

Guide by Nik; 3/27/2012

Danny
03-26-2012, 12:15 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links] is better, more in depth.
Nice guide though!
Mine changes when I unplug the modem for like.. 5 minutes or reset the router. :p

J_L_K_64
03-26-2012, 02:12 PM
there is another method i know of, it uses a program to spoof your MAC, and you can change it to a random ip, or a set one............ just saying............

Kristin
03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Moving this to the technology section.

contra
03-26-2012, 11:17 PM
For method A, idk if it actually works if you turn it off overnight. It only works when you flip it off then back on because you have a dynamic IP address. Which is what I have, and it's pretty awesome. I can get a new IP in like...2 minutes and I just alternate between accounts :)

Babybumble
03-26-2012, 11:20 PM
nice guide:)

Neuropathy
03-31-2012, 03:37 AM
Unfortunately, I have found, that Method C does not like to work with Windows 7. It used to work beautifully with WindowsXP, but there's something about Windows 7's configuration that doesn't like releasing and renewing your IP to a new dynamic address.

I fought with it for DAYS trying to get it to renew to a different IP, searched the snot out of it trying to find a solution and everything I have read states that it's some sort of system configuration that can't be changed. I've tried it every which way I can THINK of(Reset modem/router/IP release. Leave modem off over night/IP Release, etc) and I CANNOT squeeze a new IP out of it. I DO have a dynamic IP through my ISP, but it will not reset on my command, only when the lease expires.

Nik
03-31-2012, 04:35 AM
Nueropathy Interesting, there are other methods of changing IP though, I'll see if I can find them for you :D

zxzero
03-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Nik You forgot to mention that this does not work on static IPs, only dynamic. xD

Nik
03-31-2012, 10:35 AM
zxzero Oh I forgot, thanks! I'll edit that it +rep

chaseme
04-13-2012, 10:38 PM
you know, an easier way to is to use tor by hiding behind a proxy

Soredavide
04-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Proxies can be slow and get found (especially when lots of people use them, free proxies). If you use a router, you can spoof your MAC address (I tend to get IP banned alot, when testing programs).

J_L_K_64
04-14-2012, 12:57 PM
you don't need a router to spoof it though, lol just a computer

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

lastdeadriser
04-29-2012, 11:42 PM
i got ddosed about a month ago and i did step 1 and it changed my ip so im pretty sure that one works