PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Autobuying Method

Shoyru
03-08-2019, 10:38 PM
I was recommended to make this a guide, so here it is!

Here is my method of Semi-Autobuying
(aka Semi-Automated Restocking, all done within your browser!)

I prefer to do this over the usual method of using Adblock to hide all the images you don't want to buy.
This keeps the images intact, but also makes what you want way more apparent by hiding the junk items.

First, before you do anything on this list, you will need to install Tampermonkey ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
(you can also use Greasemonkey, but Tampermonkey seems to work with more scripts on this site.)

UPDATE October 2019:
I've created a script that allows you to skip a bunch of steps detailed in my original guide!
I will keep the original guide for archival purposes, but offer an updated one here for those that want to skip some previous steps!

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 1 ★

Install the Main Shop Item Filter ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) script.
Once you click "Click here to get Userscript", you can click on the green button to install it.
Tampermonkey should prompt whether or not to save the script.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 2 ★

Install the JellyNeo List Helper ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to create the list of items you want to buy/hide.

Be sure to Enable your scripts by toggling them on when you are on the page the script runs on.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 3 ★

Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and pick your shop of choice you want to find items in.

You can list items by price (ascending for cheapest first, descending for most expensive first) and make sure you limit the max rarity to 99.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 4 ★

Copy a list of the High Profit items you want to buy.

What the page should like with the above script turned on
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 5 ★

Add your list to your Main Shop Item Filter Script inside the big text box provided inside of the shop.

Example:
Press save after adding all the items you want to look for.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 6 ★

Install the Neopets Auto-Haggler ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) script
(This will ALSO solve the captcha, unless you specify it not to)

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 7 ★

Refresh like a madman until it restocks, and click on the item you want. ;)

There it is!

NOTE: An empty shop and a fully filtered shop look visually different!
An empty shop will still say that it's out of stock. A totally filtered shop will look blank:

A filtered shop (it is stocked, but is not matching any items from the list):

An empty shop (No items):

NOTE: ALL auto-buying or use of scripts on-site carries the risk of being frozen permanently
I am not responsible for loss of your account, and neither are any of the script authors.

Summary of the above:

1) Install Main Shop Item Filter ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
2) Install JellyNeo List Helper ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
3) Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
4) Create lists of Profitable Items
5) Add list to Main Shop Item Filter Script in the shop you want to buy from
6) Install AutoHaggler ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
7) Refresh Shop
8) Buy Items
9) ???
10) Profit!

Please note that the sections where Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey scripts I have linked to are visible to VIP, clraik, or higher members!
Make a few posts, make some friends, and get auto-buying! ;)

Original Guide:

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 1 ★

Install the Main Shop Text Highlighter ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) script by creating a new script, and saving. (thanks to morpheme for modifying it for Neopets!)

Adding scripts to Tampermonkey is very easy. Click on its icon in your browser's tray and select "Create a new script"

Copy and paste code provided, and File → Save (Or shortcut Ctrl+S) to save.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 2 ★

Install the JellyNeo List Helper ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to create the list of items you want to buy/hide.

Be sure to Enable your script by toggling it on when you are on the page the script runs on.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 3 ★

Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and pick your shop of choice you want to find items in.

You can list items by price (ascending for cheapest first, descending for most expensive first) and make sure you limit the max rarity to 99.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 4 ★

Copy the list of the High Profit items you do want to buy, and all the Junk Items you don't want to buy.
(You can skip the junk items if you think highlighting the profit ones is good enough.)

What the page should like with the above script turned on
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 5 ★

Format your list with this site ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (OR with this site ([Only registered and activated users can see links])) with the prefix being " and the suffix being ",

Example:
(The last item in your list on the Text Highlighter script must have the final comma removed!)

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 6 ★

Add your newly formatted list(s) to your Main Shop Text Highlighter Script under the appropriate color(s).

Example:
Make sure to save after adding your lists.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 7 ★

Install the Neopets AutoHaggler ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) script
(This will ALSO solve the captcha, unless you specify it not to)

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 8 ★

Go to the shop you want to buy items in on Neopets.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

★ Step 9 ★

Refresh like a madman until it restocks, and click on the item you want. ;)

There it is!

Menine
03-09-2019, 04:23 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nerkmid again.

Nice guide!!! :D

Dasvidaniya
03-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Thanks for this guide! Super useful c: Will probably try this method out on my main!

Logic
03-14-2019, 04:13 PM
+repped , great guide :)

Just a quick question, is there anyway for TNT to know you are using a script? Because if there isn't this is virtually risk free right?

Shoyru
03-14-2019, 05:15 PM
+repped , great guide :)

Just a quick question, is there anyway for TNT to know you are using a script? Because if there isn't this is virtually risk free right?

So, I don't know what sort of data your browser (and any add-ons you have on the browser) actually sends to the Neopets servers, but as far as I know they can't actually see that you are using these scripts, because all the changes are on YOUR end, and not Neopets while also being on the same browser you use to look at the boards/pets/etc. I wouldn't say it's 100% risk free, though, because you will still be able to make many fast restocks with very few misses, and that could flag your account as doing something illegitimate, even if TNT can't directly see what you're doing. People using auto-refreshers have been banned in the past, but this is less automated and still requires some user input.

dissolutions
04-04-2019, 12:15 PM
i've been using this and it worked amazing for me, thanks so much for the guild. it worked for me for a couple weeks with Firefox and Greasemonkey for the autohaggler (couldnt get that working on chrome for some reason), and Tampermonkey for the Main Shop Text Highlighter.... but now the text highlighter has stopped working for me for some reason. Is there an item limit or code limit on TM?

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

oof nevermind, i got it working again. i was constantly adding to the list and there was one period where a comma was needed. my bad.

selene02
04-12-2019, 12:51 AM
Thank you for clearly writing this!!! I've been using this kind of method for months now, but my original sites I used to clean up my items and add the pre-/suf- fixes to broke :( I am so happy to have something easy at hand to refer to if I ever need to again!!!

motherfucker
04-16-2019, 09:39 PM
So, I don't know what sort of data your browser (and any add-ons you have on the browser) actually sends to the Neopets servers, but as far as I know they can't actually see that you are using these scripts, because all the changes are on YOUR end, and not Neopets while also being on the same browser you use to look at the boards/pets/etc. I wouldn't say it's 100% risk free, though, because you will still be able to make many fast restocks with very few misses, and that could flag your account as doing something illegitimate, even if TNT can't directly see what you're doing. People using auto-refreshers have been banned in the past, but this is less automated and still requires some user input.
You’re correct in this. Tnt can’t see what you’re running, but we’ve all experienced their “freeze first, ask later” policies. This essentially makes nothing you do risk free.

Woodpecker
04-18-2019, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the guide! However I recommend using this website ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) for the prefixes and suffixes instead. The layout gives eye cancer but it has no limit.

exarius
01-09-2021, 09:57 PM
Hey, I realise this is an old post, but I just tried to use this script, however I can't see a text box inside the shop page to add my list of items?
The script is enabled on tampermonkey, and I'm using FF. The jellyneo script works fine, however.

PrettySarcastic
01-09-2021, 10:58 PM
Hey, I realise this is an old post, but I just tried to use this script, however I can't see a text box inside the shop page to add my list of items?
The script is enabled on tampermonkey, and I'm using FF. The jellyneo script works fine, however.

You can request the creator of the script take a look at it, but given the Neopets site is in a bit of a state right now with the mobile beta rollout live -- please read our announcement ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) -- many scripts are not working as originally intended.

You may not gain the resolution you're hoping for, but good luck. Please just make sure to make your request politely. :)

exarius
01-10-2021, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll do that!

cocodrile333
12-28-2021, 11:12 AM
When I try to download the AH it says invalid link

j03
12-29-2021, 02:47 PM
When I try to download the AH it says invalid link

Because you don't have the proper rank. :(

donnydarko
06-12-2022, 11:16 AM
does this guide still work? or rather the scripts needed for it

Ztarseed
03-26-2024, 04:22 PM
does this script still work with the updated shops?

icic
04-25-2024, 01:09 AM
unsure if the hider works for updated shops, not a high enough rank. i've gotten the old autohaggler to work by changing some of the Match to Match though, which has been really helpful when rsing