PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sword & Shield (GEN 8)

Delibird
02-27-2019, 03:35 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

FOOTAGE:

NEW STARTERS:
Grookey

Sobble

Scorbunny

Coming late 2019!!!

Mama Bear
02-27-2019, 04:05 PM
The starters are underwhelming. They look like the Care Bear Cousins of existing starters (like the monkey is a monkey Turtwig).

Midas
02-27-2019, 04:14 PM
Well, I like that bunny.
But I saw a fan art with a fat-version of it and it's even better.

Old but gold
02-27-2019, 04:18 PM
I loved the water starter, hopefully they won't mess it up with ugly evolutions (but 3rd evo always dissapoint me).

And i'm super happy this time it will be an ENGLAND-like region!!! ♥

I'm hoping new legendaries will be wolves... and some new eevolutions as well ;u;

*fangirl scream*
I'm really, really hyped... and i know i'll preorder it as soon as they let me, even when they don't give anything good for doing so.

Poem
02-27-2019, 04:33 PM
That game looks freaking beautiful, like gorgeous. I would definitely preorder it!

I think the water and grass starters look too similar. :(

Alcremie
02-27-2019, 04:38 PM
The starters are underwhelming. They look like the Care Bear Cousins of existing starters (like the monkey is a monkey Turtwig).

Those were my exact thoughts that the grass starter looked very similar to a Turtwig. For the first time ever I have no idea what to pick for a starter when the game comes out. However I am excited that they are basing the region off of England, can't wait to see more game footage!

Delibird
02-27-2019, 04:56 PM
Those were my exact thoughts that the grass starter looked very similar to a Turtwig. For the first time ever I have no idea what to pick for a starter when the game comes out. However I am excited that they are basing the region off of England, can't wait to see more game footage!

I think the grass one may be Grass / Fighting

Bowsette
02-27-2019, 07:31 PM
Sooooo happy:O

j03
02-27-2019, 07:47 PM
So far I am pumped to explore the new region.

Someone put the trailer locations next to the map:

Accelerator
02-28-2019, 02:30 AM
Effing memes dude ��

Cybun
02-28-2019, 05:06 AM
For 5 gens I've begged for a bunny starter
MY TIME HAS COME
#TEAMSCORBUNNY

Effektivv
02-28-2019, 05:16 AM
Starters are definitely better than some previous gen ones
Looks like its gonna be another 1 region game....lame.

Mr. 49
02-28-2019, 10:32 PM
I think the industrialized theme makes me a little bit uncomfortable to see in Pokemon, but I am very excited for this game. The feeling of exploration and how good everything looks on the Switch will really make this for me. I don't even know which starter to pick at this point, I love all three.

CTP02
03-02-2019, 04:29 PM
After see it the only think I Think is: "Don't make any starter pkm a fighting type"

babybluehun0327
03-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Since the game is UK based, the Champion better be a Queen and I want a pokemon that looks like a corgi. That is all.

Dita
03-02-2019, 10:37 PM
I am hype but honestly I am not going to try and get my hopes up until I see more pokemon. I like the look of the map and everything though so we will see.

My favorite starter is the grass monkey. I love that little face. The one I'm most disappointed with is the bunny though. Im just not the biggest fan of his look. He better not be another freaking fire fighting
I'm beyond sick of seeing that combination for starters. I will be happy if he is like fire normal or something like that.

Woodpecker
03-03-2019, 12:51 AM
The little grass monkey has so much potential for final evolutions! He's my favorite! Scobble is pretty cute too. Scorbunny doesn't really look like a starter to me!

Jesedmoga
03-03-2019, 12:18 PM
I honestly expected more popularity from Scorbunny (a.k.a. Energizer bunny) than Sobble, but idc, both are just adorable! *-*
...as for grookie, even with my tradition of only choosing the grass-type I still don't like it very much :/

I'll wait until the final evolutions are revealed to choose my starter, but definitely gonna buy it. Shield all the way

Btw, where are the Aegislash memes tho

Moona
03-04-2019, 01:45 AM
So excited! The starters are meh for me, they all have the same head shape.

eltiolukee
03-04-2019, 08:03 AM
All i'm hoping for is a new eeveelution. Maybe we'll get a steel one?

Also this is what i was waiting for to get a switch... Gotta sell the xbox one x now lmao

team rocket
03-12-2019, 12:02 PM
i'm so fucking pumped for this game

i've explored johto, hoenn, and kanto a million and 1 times. i'm ready for a new adventure <3

i've never been picky or upset about new pokemon. pokemon is pokemon to me and i literally love every aspect of it all, forever and always.

Cookie Tray
03-12-2019, 06:33 PM
I'm excited for the first real Pokemon game on the Switch! The graphics look great and I'm really pumped about the new starters, the same way I was for Gen 7 :$

Politoed
03-12-2019, 08:22 PM
So many great games coming out for the switch, I'm already for sure getting animal crossing.. But now might need this one too :P I love how pretty the game looks!

scornty
03-13-2019, 05:23 PM
Hype!

(Score)bunny

Politoed
03-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Hype!

(Score)bunny

The bunny is the best :P I mean look at its dorky face :D

scornty
03-13-2019, 06:56 PM
The bunny is the best :P I mean look at its dorky face :D

Yes!! I love him, he's going to be my starter!

What do you think the theme for the starters is going to be? Scorbunny soccer bunny, Grookey looks like a drummer in the trailer (ground type?), and Sobble is a chameleon uhh something?

Politoed
03-13-2019, 08:06 PM
Yes!! I love him, he's going to be my starter!

What do you think the theme for the starters is going to be? Scorbunny soccer bunny, Grookey looks like a drummer in the trailer (ground type?), and Sobble is a chameleon uhh something?

I'm not into sports so I wouldnt be hyped for sport pokemon but lot people are so its still nice. I personally have choosen all fire starters since blue, in sun/moon went with Popplio .

motherfucker
03-14-2019, 12:26 PM
This is the first Pokemon Trailer that's given me the feels, since the DS games. I'm genuinely excited about this one.

Has anyone else seen the leaked Bug/Dragon pokemon? (IDK if it's real or not), but it looks pretty lame haha.

scornty
03-14-2019, 11:49 PM
This is the first Pokemon Trailer that's given me the feels, since the DS games. I'm genuinely excited about this one.

Has anyone else seen the leaked Bug/Dragon pokemon? (IDK if it's real or not), but it looks pretty lame haha.

My guess is fake. The bad coloring with only 2 colors on the body and one on the legs, and lack of texture detail makes it not look like a pokemon to me. Compare to gifs over here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

But if it ends up real... what a lame pokemon lol

Seame
05-28-2019, 11:37 PM
I can not wait for this freaking game!!! I have been a pokemon player since 1998. <3 ahhh my heart!!!! lol

Skins
06-04-2019, 08:30 AM
Tomorrow we'll see 15 mins of a new Pokemon Direct!!! :o_o:

Seame
06-05-2019, 02:01 PM
XD The new pokemon names are already taken in Neo. looool

Madotsuki
06-05-2019, 02:26 PM
The direct was great!! We got a release date (November 15th) and got to see a lot of pokemon (though I wish we could have seen the starter's second evolution)
The legendaries are cool tho, I was expecting something worse so I'm glad

Dasvidaniya
06-05-2019, 02:29 PM
One of the legendary's names already existed xD Zacian has been a pet for a while. Zemena;dlifj was made today though.

Brady
06-05-2019, 04:54 PM
The new legendaries look like variants of Garurumon lol. In fact, almost all of the newly revealed Pokemon look like Digimon, but I'm not mad about it.

Irohh
06-05-2019, 07:35 PM
Well, it looks interesting. I hope the starters don't look too weird.

Dasvidaniya
06-06-2019, 07:16 AM
There was actually a leak that was posted on 4chan around 2 weeks ago that had alot of info that was confirmed by the Direct, so it's being assumed that the rest of it must be mostly true too. I'm posting it here below in spoiler tags, since it does have alot of spoiler-y info. Right click -> open in new tab to view it full size.

Midas
06-06-2019, 11:07 AM

Dasvidaniya
06-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Lmao that describes the internet so perfectly right now :P

Synth Salazzle
06-12-2019, 07:47 AM
tfw they're cutting out hundreds of pokemon and only galar dex will be allowed.

Bat
06-12-2019, 07:54 AM
I hope that they don't try to pull another remember the good ol' days move by sprinkling the Pok�dex with Kanto Pok�mon like they did with Sun and Moon. Frankly, I'm getting nostalgia'd out from all of the nods they're making to Red, Blue and Yellow.

Synth Salazzle
06-12-2019, 08:11 AM
I hope that they don't try to pull another remember the good ol' days move by sprinkling the Pok�dex with Kanto Pok�mon like they did with Sun and Moon. Frankly, I'm getting nostalgia'd out from all of the nods they're making to Red, Blue and Yellow.

Same, I was there during the original pokemon boom. It was nice to have a little nostalgia but now it's going a bit overboard...