PDA

View Full Version : Where do you watch anime?

Politoed
02-15-2019, 10:41 AM
Its been long while since I've sunk my teeth so to speak into anime, and I'd like try get back into it.

Hazem
02-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Im paying the monthly subscription to CrunchyRoll but you can watch some anime there that they have in their. "Public" catalogue

Politoed
02-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Im paying the monthly subscription to CrunchyRoll but you can watch some anime there that they have in their. "Public" catalogue

I actually have one my friends CrunchyRoll info lol they never change it :P

Hazem
02-15-2019, 01:05 PM
I actually have one my friends CrunchyRoll info lol they never change it :P
Go for it! It’s reallt good service

Mindfang
02-15-2019, 02:24 PM
crunchyroll but im using my friends account because he makes more money than me

Politoed
02-15-2019, 02:28 PM
Go for it! It�s reallt good service
Hahah yeah :P

Hahah my friend is actually my brothers best friend :P I just asked one day and he gave it to me *shrugs*

Hazem
02-15-2019, 03:40 PM

I don’t make more money then my friends but it’s something I’ll pay no matter what

Cinnamoroll
02-15-2019, 08:54 PM
i have always used kissanime!! esp because you can download stuff from it too!

Politoed
02-15-2019, 10:55 PM
i have always used kissanime!! esp because you can download stuff from it too!

The kissanime had some unpleasant ads to me :s I found another site via google, I'll try kissanime another time though I think.

Accelerator
02-16-2019, 12:43 AM
The kissanime had some unpleasant ads to me :s I found another site via google, I'll try kissanime another time though I think.

Don't, their ads are annoying as hell and not even anti-adblock killer gets thru their scripts (or whatever they're using to detect ad blockers).
I've also read that they straight up ban accounts using ad blockers, I've personally only gotten their "your account has been banned" message but the account is still intact.

If you wanna go the yarr way then HorribleSubs or nyaa (and search for your preferred fansubbing group)
If you want to do it legally you'll have to pay a subscription to whatever page has your favorite anime's license to be simulcasted on their platform.
Or, like suggested above. Using Crunchyroll for free, but the last time I used that they only allowed free users to stream up to SD/480p and they only released episodes for free users a week after it's been available for premium members.

Catexia
02-16-2019, 05:26 AM
I download currently airing anime from HorribleSubs ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and older anime/movies/OVAs from NyaaTorrents ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). I don't feel like giving money to Crunchyroll and it doesn't have all the anime that I want anyway.

Politoed
02-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Don't, their ads are annoying as hell and not even anti-adblock killer gets thru their scripts (or whatever they're using to detect ad blockers).
I've also read that they straight up ban accounts using ad blockers, I've personally only gotten their "your account has been banned" message but the account is still intact.

If you wanna go the yarr way then HorribleSubs or nyaa (and search for your preferred fansubbing group)
If you want to do it legally you'll have to pay a subscription to whatever page has your favorite anime's license to be simulcasted on their platform.
Or, like suggested above. Using Crunchyroll for free, but the last time I used that they only allowed free users to stream up to SD/480p and they only released episodes for free users a week after it's been available for premium members.

Oh wow then i'm not using kissanime then, i'll check out nyaa or horriblesubs though.

Shoyru
02-16-2019, 12:45 PM
I open a rabb.it stream and watch kissanime in there. Go ahead and try to kill the virtual machine you awful anime website.
I'm too lazy to torrent episodes. My method works if you don't give a shit what the quality of the stream you're watching is.
(I don't usually care as long as the subs are legible and it doesn't look like it was filmed through a cellphone from 2003 and streamed over a 2kbps dial-up connection)

Cinnamoroll
02-16-2019, 01:25 PM

I've neevr had any issues personally with adblockers on there, but that is just me.

Politoed
02-16-2019, 01:55 PM
Alot of you make very good points, and have pointed me in ways. Thank you, for now i'm use crunchyroll and site I found though google(has like issues with a adblocker as of yet.)

Accelerator
02-16-2019, 04:01 PM
I've neevr had any issues personally with adblockers on there, but that is just me.

You can play the video for 3 seconds and then the video player turns into a message that says you've been "banned", lol.
Unless you block ads using the hosts file (even though I think they can also detect that. Cause I use AdAway on my phone and the last time I used KissAnime it was a pain in the butt) they detect all major ad blockers, unless it's the way I configured uBlock Origin somehow.

Mr. 49
02-16-2019, 06:57 PM
Crunchyroll usually but it's been buggy lately, so I've also been using VRV.

Hazem
02-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Alot of you make very good points, and have pointed me in ways. Thank you, for now i'm use crunchyroll and site I found though google(has like issues with a adblocker as of yet.)

Im glad you decided for CrunchyRoll :). It�s true that Adblock would do an amazing job if you are not willing to pay for the premium.

Dita
02-16-2019, 07:50 PM
I just use Netflix, hulu, crunchyroll sometimes, and funimation although I hate funimation as an app on the playstation. I only say that because it is a bit slow, hard to use at times, and glitches at times. Also use my friends plex and watch all the anime he has downloaded.

Mindfang
02-18-2019, 10:43 AM
I don�t make more money then my friends but it�s something I�ll pay no matter what

id pay for it if i didnt watch like 2 animes a year. i log in once a week to watch mob psycho currently so its not like....... worth it to buy premium LMAO. its just convenient.

Hazem
02-18-2019, 01:58 PM
id pay for it if i didnt watch like 2 animes a year. i log in once a week to watch mob psycho currently so its not like....... worth it to buy premium LMAO. its just convenient.

Im paying it more for the manga lol. I completely understand that anyway :P

kadoatie
02-18-2019, 07:03 PM
My boyfriend pays crunchyroll and I use his account

Lenars
02-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Honestly Hulu and Netflix complete my anime life lmao. They have all the mainstream ones and Hulu is pretty good with uploading the episodes once they're released.

Flamingo of doom
06-11-2020, 06:18 PM
I use crunchyroll or netflix since you can watch it undubbed there.

paperdollhouse
07-02-2020, 08:47 PM
I watch on Netflix (but the selection is limited...). Have debated getting a Crunchyroll account but never committed... Usually if there's an anime I want to watch that's not on Netflix I do a google search and end up on some sketchy site with interesting ad selections

jprameau
07-03-2020, 05:05 PM
I mostly use IRC, and for the stuff they don't have or really big files I'm in a private tracker for anime

wreck4ge
07-03-2020, 06:42 PM
I use kissanime with ad blocker.. no issues with ads.

They have sites for asian drama and variety shows too!

TsUNaMy WaVe
07-06-2020, 08:46 AM
I download with torrent from nyaa.si (usually). I also prefer real fansubs over the official releases since those tend to have lots of mistakes + no aesthetics what so ever. I'm old school I guess

Why So Serious?
07-06-2020, 03:07 PM
Netflix and crunchyroll, the bests

stealthbomber
07-06-2020, 03:40 PM
netflix is good, also for those of you who likes to stream online i remember a site called gogoanime, just remember to use ad blocker if you dont want to see 5000 pop-ups

Stardust
07-06-2020, 06:30 PM
I watch mainly on Crunchyroll but will occasionally watch on Netflix :) I'm also using Hulu right now to rewatch InuYasha but that's the only anime I'm watching there

Dita
07-06-2020, 08:08 PM
I usually watch mine on Netflix or Hulu. Sometimes I will use funimation or crunchyroll if what I want to watch isn't on those first two.
Right now we started watching Devil's Line and it's pretty good!

kevtheman
08-12-2020, 05:13 PM
I really like crunchyroll, I also use Funimation. Both have free stuff with ads, every now and then I can find a promo for 1-3 months free of Funimation pro for 99 cents and sometimes free so thats really neat. Both good sites though

potatopie
08-13-2020, 02:16 PM
crunchyroll is a good place to watch it and you can use adblocker aswell to make it less painful.

Painwheel
08-15-2020, 04:40 PM
For who speak Portuguese, I reccomend Goyabu :) It's a great plataform that streams all kinds of animes. Netflix and Crunchyroll works too, but they're limited ~

Weeb
08-28-2020, 09:26 AM
I used to use KissAnime but since that's gone I mostly use Crunchyroll.

Koto
08-28-2020, 11:18 AM
I used to be a filthy pirate, but now I pay for my anime on Crunchyroll like a CHUMP.

slmo3
09-05-2020, 01:07 PM
I use animedao actually. I used to use kissanime/9anime but since they got hit/slowed down with all sorts of issues and I found animedao is up to date on releases n whatnot its a win win scenario to have found it. No more going back and forth from site to site to watch different animes because most didnt have all the animes/some days would get really slow or be down.

Alister
09-05-2020, 02:15 PM
Crunchyroll, Funimation, Netflix. The sad thing being I pay for all of them but barely watch any of it because my boyfriend doesn't care for anime. We live together and I'm too self-conscious to ever have it on unless it's something mainstream like Attack on Titan or most recently Aggretsuko.

Synth Salazzle
09-06-2020, 06:45 AM
With Kissanime shut down I tend to just use netflix for now. It has everything I want to watch for a while anyway.

Candychan
09-14-2020, 10:34 AM
crunchyroll is the best!

Zer0
09-18-2020, 08:45 AM
I've been using MasterAnimes (masteranim.es) and AnimeUltima (it is been a bit crappy, since their stream providers are a bit unreliable. Also, I have no idea why they keep breaking their website).

Zenitsu
04-09-2021, 08:34 AM
I'm using Proxer (proxer.me)