PDA

View Full Version : accidentally left neoquest bot running for eight hours

greypaintbrush
12-22-2018, 01:57 AM
I forgot I was running the program before I went to work at Four and came back and it's still running. What are the odd's of my account being frozen?

bloodstaunch
12-22-2018, 02:10 AM
i've never had this specific occurrence, but i do know earlier in the year i score sent pretty recklessly, and had one score that kept getting reviewed and i just ... kept doing it anyways. the score got accepted every single time even then, and it took a pretty good while before i got frozen. things may have changed since then, but anyways, i still feel like there's a really low chance especially if it was a one-off thing/not regularly done.

but take that with a grain of salt, i'm no expert on this and haven't been frozen a lot beyond that one reckless moment in time, haha. but if it were me i personally wouldn't worry?

birdistheword11
12-22-2018, 02:24 AM
also take my word with some salt but i've sent in impossible scores that were beyond beyond impossible nothing even happened, neoquest seems like a very low possiblity unless you got into the trophy scores and someone reported you, I'd me more worried about that than tnt at this point. but not a lot you can do anyways in my case I transfered away 1 precious item from my side and then waited to be frozen but it never came up. And also my account is what you might call most likely to not succeed if you've been frozen a lot before vs wholier than thou.

i stay awy from chats and people on npets for good reason i don't really think tnt does much in the way of freezing proabably mostly made by other people reporting you first. i could be wrong but i've been betting on that for years now. awhile ago someone from here probably was testing that out they were weeks or months old with all these trophies and scores. they were fine until they posted on the boards and people started reporting them. gone instantly.

Zombabe
12-22-2018, 02:48 AM
I forgot I was running the program before I went to work at Four and came back and it's still running. What are the odd's of my account being frozen?

It's the holidays, so you're probably safer now than ever.

Fioxe
12-22-2018, 02:53 AM
Not even joking when I say that's how long I'd play neoquest (manually) for if I were currently playing it. I think you might have to get more extreme than that, especially since it's the holidays right now.

12-22-2018, 05:19 AM
It will most likely be okay, I think it would only be a concern if you done something ridiculous like complete the game in an hour but 8 hours is not that much - I am sure people do more legit!

Bowsette
12-22-2018, 05:48 AM
You should be fine. Just lay low for a while.

Chibicat
12-22-2018, 05:58 AM
Pretty sure you’ll be fine. Some nerds would play it straight for 8 hours lol

tatnoob
12-22-2018, 06:18 AM

I have ran both NQ and NQ2 bots for more than 12 hours at a time all the way till insane multiple times, so you should be fine. There are people who play continuously for many many hours for trophy runs so you should be fine. Just don't run it for too long if you're worried.

Tyler Durden
12-22-2018, 06:50 AM

I've done the same on multiple accounts before not for days, but for weeks, everytime it got stuck I simply restarted(next level laziness). Been a couple of months, no issues, accounts are thriving. I'd say Neoquest I & II are least likely games to be monitored as a) They're big b) There's no monthly highscore table which people can see and report

ziggy
12-22-2018, 08:34 AM
Pretty sure you’ll be fine. I’ve played neoquest legit for similar stretches of time before.

tatnoob
12-22-2018, 09:24 AM
I've done the same on multiple accounts before not for days, but for weeks, everytime it got stuck I simply restarted(next level laziness). Been a couple of months, no issues, accounts are thriving. I'd say Neoquest I & II are least likely games to be monitored as a) They're big b) There's no monthly highscore table which people can see and report

Wow, that's good to know, LOL!

scannon
12-22-2018, 11:05 AM
You'll be fine I did something similar once

bloodstaunch
12-22-2018, 11:18 AM
to be fair, i think the general reason to "stay in the line" with something like neoquest isn't because it's high-risk, but more so ... hubris, almost. you just don't want to be reckless, or make a habit or being reckless at any time.
you never know when tnt could decide to monitor something that simple, and overall you don't want to hand them anything that could make your account stand out to them at any time. so i think it's more so to keep you in a realistic mindset about how to go about things; treat low-risk things just as cautiously as high-risk.

Meepit
12-22-2018, 11:26 AM
lol legit how I played nq was in ridiculous binges. Its not that weird and I doubt that's what tnt is really looking at much compared to screwy scores which are much easier to flag and throw accusations at.

aymo
12-22-2018, 01:19 PM
Its not unusual to play neoquest for 8 hours if you're also watching tv at home or something lol. You're fine.

Alcremie
12-22-2018, 05:12 PM
I am one of those nerds that has played NQ for over eight hours in a day. I think you'll be fine. :)

Gremlin
12-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Yeah I definitely would have played NQ for over 8 hours when I played legit. Sometimes ya just gotta grind it out. I'm sure it'll be fine.