PDA

View Full Version : WTF Captchas

motherfucker
11-02-2018, 02:32 PM
I figured this would make a good thread.
What are some of the dumbest captchas you've seen?

Also, have you ever seen street captchas that you recognize? I've seen storefronts that are definitely local...

For example, what the hell is this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Bowsette
11-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Wow for a second I thought this was for shops lol

Swedish Fish
11-02-2018, 02:47 PM
That's real unfortunate..

Alcremie
11-02-2018, 03:02 PM
I've gotten the tractor ones before. I used to think I had to click all of the squares but then only started clicking four with every captcha. For the tractors I click the two tire squares and two body squares. It's weird.

Most of the shop fronts I see on mine are closed down and boarded up lol, they kind of look familiar but not really sure.

Malarkey
11-02-2018, 03:09 PM
I haven't gotten any that are super weird, but I almost never can get the ones like you posted to work on the first try.

I'm getting REAL fucking sick of having to do 5+ of them sometimes just to view one fucking userlookup/pet lookup.

Purrina
11-02-2018, 03:24 PM
I'm getting REAL fucking sick of having to do 5+ of them sometimes just to view one fucking userlookup/pet lookup.

Totally agree with you, recaptchas are so annoying - then you misclick just once and you are stuck doing page after page of them.

The chimney ones are frustrating to me, sometimes I'm not even sure what to click - I've seen things sticking out of buildings that looked like the really old TV antennas, but apparrently I was supposed to click that too. :S

babzy
11-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Yes to all of the above. I'd say the the "bridge" captcha are weird. They usually show an overpass, not a bridge. And the hills and mountains? I live in an area with real hills and mountains. So I have a difficult time figuring out which of the pictures even have a hill. I usually go for the greenest ones.

vitamin
11-02-2018, 04:06 PM
you know what really grinds my gears??? when they ask me to select all squares with crosswalks??? but there are no crosswalks in sight??? and i cant skip it???

or the ones where the photos change after you select them and take 92 years to load

Goddammit
11-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Ive just accepted that I'm a robot because according to the captchas Ive had to do on neopets, I dont know what a street sign, bus, bike, shop front, traffic lights, crosswalks, mountains, bridge, or an address is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fioxe
11-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Those "click next ones all of the x are gone" ones are the bane of my existence and they just keep loading slower and slower
please god you know im not a robot at this point cause ive done 40 of them in the past ten minutes FREE ME

Witch
11-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Yes to all of the above. I'd say the the "bridge" captcha are weird. They usually show an overpass, not a bridge. And the hills and mountains? I live in an area with real hills and mountains. So I have a difficult time figuring out which of the pictures even have a hill. I usually go for the greenest ones.

yeah but the bridge and the mountains ones are always the easiest to do - where as the FUCKING CROSSWALKS AND STAIRS AND BUSSES take 45 minutes to fade into a new picture, most of the time it totally times out (usually on TOR) and I have to do it 3 or 4 times

Nath
11-05-2018, 10:20 AM
I hate the ones with traffic lights. When there's a fucking traffic light in every square. Do I click the lights? Do I click the lights, the pole and the plastic shit? It doesn't matter...because it never fucking works anyway.

Fioxe
11-05-2018, 03:12 PM
I have a personal hatred for the store front cause? I guess I just don't know what stores look like anymore.
Anyways after I first posted in this thread I started getting the tractor ones too. At least they're distinct

Jumbo Shrimp
11-05-2018, 03:35 PM
captchas don’t work on one of the vpns I use so I just sit there
waiting for the meepits
but the meepits never come

Kawaii
11-10-2018, 02:21 PM
just got this one and i'm just like ?? is this a trick question

Eureka
11-10-2018, 05:19 PM
I HATE the bus one.
I clicked every bus, right?
NOPE. It counted that van as a bus. :mad:

MrSlowBro
11-10-2018, 05:58 PM
a horrible feature of the site

Fioxe
11-30-2018, 10:29 PM
We interrupt your regularly scheduled silence to bring you this breaking news: I have never been so pissed off at a captcha in my life.

fuq u recaptcha

GRAYN
11-30-2018, 10:43 PM
We interrupt your regularly scheduled silence to bring you this breaking news: I have never been so pissed off at a captcha in my life.

fuq u recaptcha

LMAO the troll captcha. Still one of the worst parts of the site

Patamon
12-01-2018, 01:01 AM

fuq u recaptcha

I've never lol'd so hard in my life
and who knows, with the way captchas go they probably consider a unicycle to be a bicycle.

Bat
12-01-2018, 02:19 AM
I'm accosted by captchas constantly while casually browsing! It has gotten to the point where I have to resist the urge to look at everybody's pets and profiles because of the inconvenience. I used to love looking at pets and profiles, but I feel like I'm being punished for exploring nowadays! Now, unless I recognize a notable pet or player, I don't even bother looking anymore. It's not worth one captcha, followed by another captcha because I couldn't properly guess whether or not it wanted me to highlight the whole effing staircase or just some of it.

RealisticError
12-01-2018, 05:21 AM
I'm accosted by captchas constantly while casually browsing! It has gotten to the point where I have to resist the urge to look at everybody's pets and profiles because of the inconvenience. I used to love looking at pets and profiles, but I feel like I'm being punished for exploring nowadays! Now, unless I recognize a notable pet or player, I don't even bother looking anymore. It's not worth one captcha, followed by another captcha because I couldn't properly guess whether or not it wanted me to highlight the whole effing staircase or just some of it.

I get like 4 captchas in a row when trying to surf on my phone, it never just lets me through when answering the first one -.-

Bat
12-01-2018, 05:35 AM
I get like 4 captchas in a row when trying to surf on my phone, it never just lets me through when answering the first one -.-

No! Never! I think what's really going on is that Google is using our proper answers to fine-tune it's wrong interpretations. Often enough, the captcha's expected answers are so off the mark that it almost seems deliberately restraining. Almost like the site is saying "Y'know ... You were a bit too confident about selecting that crosswalk, so why don't you tell me how many traffic lights are in this picture, smart guy?"

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

RealisticError
12-01-2018, 05:45 AM
No! Never! I think what's really going on is that Google is using our proper answers to fine-tune it's wrong interpretations. Often enough, the captcha's expected answers are so off the mark that it almost seems deliberately restraining. Almost like the site is saying "Y'know ... You were a bit too confident about selecting that crosswalk, so why don't you tell me how many traffic lights are in this picture, smart guy?"

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I agree with you, googles AI is getting sassy, and that terrifies me more than anything else in the world

Bat
12-01-2018, 06:05 AM
I agree with you, googles AI is getting sassy, and that terrifies me more than anything else in the world

Don't worry. The AI is specifically programmed to harass users on old, clunky websites whose user bases are shrinking due to disillusionment. It's called "Operation salt-in-the-wound", and it's going quite well, judging by this thread.

pitpat
12-01-2018, 07:09 AM
The ones I hate the most are the "traffic signs", so you click all parts of them, and they make you try again.
*dies*

Erik.
12-01-2018, 06:00 PM
The ones I hate the most are the "traffic signs", so you click all parts of them, and they make you try again.
*dies*
Or water hydrants. They seem to never end. Click one and there's a new one underneath. Click that one and oh! there's another one. And if you're really lucky, guess what, there's another one underneath that one.

Poem
12-01-2018, 06:47 PM
who the fuck thought captchas were a good idea

has it crossed jumpstart's mind that a new player trying to get into neopets will probably quit INSTANTLY once they see a few captchas in a row?

Skitty
12-01-2018, 07:22 PM
I really hope those captcha's will be gone one day. I really enjoyed go through various profiles & petlookups, looking for inspirations etc. Now because of that captcha's I'm avoiding profiles as much as I can.
Traffic lights are the most annoying for me.