PDA

View Full Version : Morpheme's Semi-Legit Kad Feeding Guide

morpheme
11-02-2018, 01:32 AM
Morpheme's Semi-Legit Kad Feeding Guide

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Required Addons and Scripts:

Tampermonkey ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Search Helper ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Kadoatery Highlighter ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
JN List Maker ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Turn Off User Shop Coding ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pin Autotyper ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) *optional*

Create a list:

Navigate to [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Narrow the results to a particular subset of food you'd like to be able to quickly identify. I personally have two sets of food that are highlighted: 10k+ food in red and food that that's currently in my SDB in green.
Enable the TM Script List Maker and reload your page.
Copy and paste this full list into a text editor temporarily for safekeeping.

Navigate to [Only registered and activated users can see links] and paste your completed list into the input box.

Add " as a prefix and ", as a suffix to each line and create your list.

Add your list to the Kadoatery Highlighter Script:

Navigate to your empty Kadoatery Highlighter Script via the TM dashboard.

Under the appropriate style section between the brackets, paste your list and remove the comma from the final item under each style section.
Save your script.

How to feed with this system:

First, familiarize yourself with the kadoatery feeding board that can be found here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and the terminology for time keeping here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
When the kads refresh, the requested items will be highlighted according to the rules you set earlier in the guide and below each item will be a series of icons that correspond to the item-obtaining methods across Neopets. However, your main concern is these three buttons. Clicking them will either search for the item in the S/SW or find it in your SDB.

SDB Feeding:

Click the SDB icon under any item that you currently have in your SDB which will find it in your SDB.
Click the 'Remove One' button and then quickly press Control + Shift + Tab to switch back to the Kadoatery.
Sit on your hands and wait for the magic to happen. Just kidding, moron. Feed the damn kad.

S/SW Feeding:

Click the S/SW icon under any item you wish to buy.
Purchase the item and quickly press Control + Shift + Tab to switch back to the Kadoatery.
Are you still confused? Feed. The. Kad.

Using this method, I get consistent, legitimate looking feeds, avoiding UBs and expensive kad food.

Note: I leave my pin activated for my SDB while feeding as it slows my feed times a bit so they remain on the quick end of legitimate.
If you're a bit slower or like pushing the limits, you can either disable your pin for your SDB or install RealisticError's Pin Autotyper ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

Feel free to ask any questions, make comments, and/or express your concerns here. Cheers!

fallacy
11-07-2018, 07:37 AM
What are the images below the Highlight? Does it send URL towards Shopwizard if you click the Shop wizard Icon? What Add on is it called?

morpheme
11-12-2018, 08:30 PM
What are the images below the Highlight? Does it send URL towards Shopwizard if you click the Shop wizard Icon? What Add on is it called?

Sorry for the late response as I've been out of town for a few days. The images below the highlight, in order, are: Super Shop Wizard, Shop Wizard, Trading Post, Auction Genie, SDB, Jellyneo's Item Database. Each image is a link to that particular item's page at the aforementioned locations.

The addon that adds these links is #2 in my list, which is Search Helper.

fallacy
11-13-2018, 04:25 AM
Sorry for the late response as I've been out of town for a few days. The images below the highlight, in order, are: Super Shop Wizard, Shop Wizard, Trading Post, Auction Genie, SDB, Jellyneo's Item Database. Each image is a link to that particular item's page at the aforementioned locations.

The addon that adds these links is #2 in my list, which is Search Helper.

I see, what type of tool are you using for that? Does it show up in main shops also?

morpheme
11-13-2018, 08:55 AM
I see, what type of tool are you using for that? Does it show up in main shops also?

I�m using tampermonkey and the #2 TM addon in the aforementioned list. It does show up in main shops, but only when the URL of the shop is formatted in a particular way.

Mardan
11-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Is there any way of making the search helper script actually search after a click instead of just filling in the box?
It's convenient, but having to press confirm on each tab when looking up several items makes it clunky at times.

morpheme
11-19-2018, 01:47 PM
Is there any way of making the search helper script actually search after a click instead of just filling in the box?
It's convenient, but having to press confirm on each tab when looking up several items makes it clunky at times.

There is, but it would involve adding to that TM script. I believe RealisticError was hinting at maybe doing that if enough people expressed interest.

Mardan
11-19-2018, 04:23 PM
There is, but it would involve adding to that TM script. I believe RealisticError was hinting at maybe doing that if enough people expressed interest.

God, I hope so.
I thought it'd be a standard feature, but the author posted it on reddit, where everyone is paranoid about every script in itself being a form of cheating already.
Apparently he deliberately made it not look up things because it'd be bad.

RealisticError
11-19-2018, 04:44 PM

God, I hope so.
I thought it'd be a standard feature, but the author posted it on reddit, where everyone is paranoid about every script in itself being a form of cheating already.
Apparently he deliberately made it not look up things because it'd be bad.

I've got the SSW autosearching on mine, which I can upload, but I was wondering if you meant the standard shop wiz? that would take some more work but I can look into that too :)

RealisticError
11-21-2018, 12:06 AM
morpheme Mardan I went ahead and did autosearching on both, give me a shout of there's any errors popping up :) [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Mardan
11-23-2018, 06:04 AM
morpheme Mardan I went ahead and did autosearching on both, give me a shout of there's any errors popping up :) [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Alright! Thank you!

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be working...I mean, it does like usual, but it doesn't really do anything past what the original script already does.

RealisticError
11-23-2018, 09:36 AM
Alright! Thank you!

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be working...I mean, it does like usual, but it doesn't really do anything past what the original script already does.

Really? I’ll do some more testing when I get home, possible I uploaded the wrong script lol

Mardan
12-04-2018, 06:45 AM
Really? I’ll do some more testing when I get home, possible I uploaded the wrong script lol

Any updates on that?

morpheme
12-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Any updates on that?

It�s not my script, but it�s been working perfectly for me on Chrome. The added functionality is it automatically searches the SSW when the SSW button is pressed under an item. Have you turned off or deleted the old script in TM and ensured RealisticError�s is turned on?

Mardan
12-06-2018, 08:04 PM
It’s not my script, but it’s been working perfectly for me on Chrome. The added functionality is it automatically searches the SSW when the SSW button is pressed under an item. Have you turned off or deleted the old script in TM and ensured RealisticError’s is turned on?

The SSW functionality was already in the original script, I was asking if it was possible to automate searching for SW, TP and the like.

Mardan
12-16-2018, 07:38 AM

Haven't heard back from you, but did you manage to make it work in the end?
As it is now it only works in very specific conditions.
The search is automated only if the SW icon is clicked directly, but not if opened in a new tab, be it through middle clicking, or any method of searching that's not simple clicking. Ctrl+left click works at times, but it's not consistent.
Also, the script only works on the very first item loaded in the page.

If you're seeing a shop, inventory or the kadoatery, the modified script will only trigger an autosearch if selecting the first item, only if left-clicked, and none others.

RealisticError
12-16-2018, 08:57 PM
Haven't heard back from you, but did you manage to make it work in the end?
As it is now it only works in very specific conditions.
The search is automated only if the SW icon is clicked directly, but not if opened in a new tab, be it through middle clicking, or any method of searching that's not simple clicking. Ctrl+left click works at times, but it's not consistent.
Also, the script only works on the very first item loaded in the page.

If you're seeing a shop, inventory or the kadoatery, the modified script will only trigger an autosearch if selecting the first item, only if left-clicked, and none others.

heya! sorry I never got back to you, I've been super busy with a work project and was having trouble replicating your issue lol, it's not having these issues on my computer but I'll try on my home computer and see if I can break it, to then fix it :P