PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else currently waiting on the Maplestory m Cygnus Knights update?

Ganymede
09-10-2018, 06:46 PM
I am hyyyype for the new classes and events.

Someone from the reddit graciously made a countdown timer (that doesn't factor in the almost guaranteed extended maintenance for an update this big)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Anyone else anxiously awaiting?

RealisticError
09-10-2018, 06:51 PM
is Maplestory M the mobile version of the game? 'coz I swear cygnus knights came out like 7 years ago XD

Ganymede
09-10-2018, 06:54 PM
is Maplestory M the mobile version of the game? 'coz I swear cygnus knights came out like 7 years ago XD

Hahahaha, yeah it's a phone version that came out a few months ago and is currently rolling out a major update. MapleStory was my big thing before Neopets, so the nostalgia is strong :P

RealisticError
09-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Hahahaha, yeah it's a phone version that came out a few months ago and is currently rolling out a major update. MapleStory was my big thing before Neopets, so the nostalgia is strong :P

Haha, I can imagine it would be, I played MS a bit in my childhood but more as a late teen/adult because it was too grindy for my child brain to concentrate on :P

Is the mobile version completely separate or can you use your main game characters in it?

Ganymede
09-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Haha, I can imagine it would be, I played MS a bit in my childhood but more as a late teen/adult because it was too grindy for my child brain to concentrate on :P

Is the mobile version completely separate or can you use your main game characters in it?

It's completely separate, they have a little tab where you can link your PC character but all that does is give you boosts and rewards (I couldn't link mine because you need to generate an in-game code on PC and then put that in on your device, and I don't have a PC anymore).

They also have autoplay now, which can be very good or very bad depending on how you use it. If you over-rely on it early on, the game will get very old very quickly because tbh it's just watching yourself play, but it is really great in later levels when the grind gets real.

RealisticError
09-10-2018, 07:09 PM
It's completely separate, they have a little tab where you can link your PC character but all that does is give you boosts and rewards (I couldn't link mine because you need to generate an in-game code on PC and then put that in on your device, and I don't have a PC anymore).

They also have autoplay now, which can be very good or very bad depending on how you use it. If you over-rely on it early on, the game will get very old very quickly because tbh it's just watching yourself play, but it is really great in later levels when the grind gets real.

That's really neat, autoplay is perfect for that kind of game

Ganymede
09-10-2018, 07:57 PM
Maintenance extended by an hour. The maintenance extensions begin, keeping me glued to my laptop to the next 8hours as they extend it by one hour intervals :o_o:

RealisticError
09-10-2018, 08:08 PM
maintenance is a time honoured tradition in MMO's, I remember vanilla wow weekly maintenance taking up to and including 4 days

Ganymede
09-10-2018, 08:55 PM
maintenance is a time honoured tradition in MMO's, I remember vanilla wow weekly maintenance taking up to and including 4 days

Ohhh don't remind me, I've become so spoilt these days. Even Neopets got their shit together with the red pteri of doom.

RealisticError
09-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Ohhh don't remind me, I've become so spoilt these days. Even Neopets got their shit together with the red pteri of doom.

They did, but they also release like...half the amount of content as back then, if that, so it really didn't help too much T_T

Ganymede
09-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Extended another hour!! Imagine my shock!