PDA

View Full Version : *~* Second Annual cK Fantasy Hockey League! (2018/2019 Season)*~*

Charmander
09-01-2018, 09:28 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Welcome to the Second Annual cK Fantasy Hockey League! For all of those who are fans of hockey and for even those who may not follow hockey but want to take part in a fun cK community event I thought I would create this fun event!

Similar to the cK Fantasy Football League we will be using Yahoo Fantasy Sports to host our league. Please try and stay active throughout the season to make it fun for everyone.

If you would like to take part in the league please PM me your email or post here so I can contact you and I can invite you to our league. If you participated last year please let me know your team name/email and I can re-invite you. I have tagged last year's participants so you are notified.

Hopefully we can have between 8 and 10 active teams this year. We need an even number for the league.

Draft Day

Regular season starts on 03 October 2018

Prizes

1st Place

1 Month of cK VIP and this lovely userbar!

All Participants

All participants in this year's league will get access to this lovely userbar!

If anyone wants to donate prizes to sweeten the pot I am totally open to that as well.

2017 cK Fantasy Hockey League ([Only registered and activated users can see links]*-*-First-Annual-cK-Fantasy-Hockey-League!-(2017-2018-Season)*-*)

Jeongyeon
09-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Trash Panda can we just have a standard 12 team with the default yahoo scoring system for this season? Last year was a complete mess in terms of the categories. Lets keep it simple this time around.

Also, I am team "Moves Like Jagr" from last season.

Charmander
09-01-2018, 09:56 PM
blackbeard sounds good to me. I am just in there now trying to set the scoring back up. There doesn't seem to be a default yahoo scoring. Right now I have the following highlighted.

Forwards/Defensemen

Goals
Assists
Points
Plus/Minus
Penalty Minutes
Powerplay Goals
Powerplay Assists
Powerplay Points
Shorthanded Goals
Shorthanded Assists
Shorthanded Points
Game-Winning Goals
Shots on Goal
Hits
Blocks

Goaltenders

Games Started
Wins
Losses
Goals Against
Goals Against Average
Shots Against
Saves
Save Percentage
Shutouts

Jeongyeon
09-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Standard 10 categories Yahoo uses are: Goals, Assts, +/-, Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits, Wins, Goals against average (GAA), Save% , Shutouts (SHO)

Charmander
09-01-2018, 10:02 PM
I just updated to the standard head-to-head. Hope thats right.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Yeah the standard head to head selects more than that. But I can edit it to reflect those stats.

Jeongyeon
09-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Also lets have standard positions as well. 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3Def, 1 Flex/Util, 2 Goalies and 4 Bench

Def are boring so instead of 4 Def, lets have 3 and one util spot.

Charmander
09-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Sounds good. I think I'll make you co-commish once you're joined so you can double check this for me haha!

Jeongyeon
09-01-2018, 10:08 PM
I just updated to the standard head-to-head. Hope thats right.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Yeah the standard head to head selects more than that. But I can edit it to reflect those stats.

Thanks. Having to many cats are pretty boring in terms of competitiveness. It becomes more of a luck rather than skill because you cant take into account all of those cats.

The standard 10 cat should be good since its whatever everyone pretty much use.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Sounds good. I think I'll make you co-commish once you're joined so you can double check this for me haha!

Sure thing. Ill help out as much as I can.

Charmander
09-01-2018, 10:12 PM
I also need a mod to fix my title fail. Arg :mad:

Charmander
09-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Bumping for awareness ��

Charmander
09-05-2018, 08:33 PM
4 spots already taken :)

Charmander
09-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Sorbet AyBeCee Bettser cootiesbag motherfucker Goner Tarot Absinthe Aska I_royalty_I

Just checking for interest from last years players :)

Chibicat
09-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Sorbet AyBeCee Bettser cootiesbag motherfucker Goner Tarot Absinthe Aska I_royalty_I

Just checking for interest from last years players :)

I came last last year, so no thanks hehe

Charmander
09-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Haha no worries on that :) Thanks for letting me know. You are always welcome if you change your mind :)

Charmander
09-13-2018, 09:39 PM
Bumping for awareness.

Charmander
09-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Draft day is approaching and we still have lots of room!

Charmander
09-16-2018, 01:39 PM
1 Month of membership of VIP added to the prize pool!

Charmander
09-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Bumping up for awareness. Tentative draft date is 10 days away. If anyone wants a change in time or date please let me know. It is a lot more fun than individuals auotdrafting.

chelleblueberry
09-20-2018, 12:02 AM
I’m ashamed to say I have a work event on that night, and I’ve managed to schedule computer access during the gala so I can live draft... I’m a little excited! :o_o:

RealisticError
09-20-2018, 12:08 AM
I’m ashamed to say I have a work event on that night, and I’ve managed to schedule computer access during the gala so I can live draft... I’m a little excited! :o_o:

That’s awesome :p I worked out that should be midday for me so I’m taking a break from work to hopefully live draft

Charmander
09-24-2018, 09:46 PM
Perfect! Looks like a small league this year sadly. Still have until this Saturday to sign up folks!

Charmander
09-27-2018, 06:55 PM
Still open for some last minute sign ups!

Charmander
09-29-2018, 12:14 PM
blackbeard chelleblueberryRealisticError see you tonight for draft night! Small league this year but in saying that there should be some really talented teams!

RealisticError
09-29-2018, 06:33 PM
I’m very excited for this!

RealisticError
09-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Dammit did I miss the draft? T_T I don't even know how

Charmander
09-29-2018, 10:08 PM
Dammit did I miss the draft? T_T I don't even know how

Oh no! Were you on the app or yahoo site?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

You do have a pretty good team though! So I wouldn’t fret :)

RealisticError
09-29-2018, 10:15 PM
Oh no! Were you on the app or yahoo site?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

You do have a pretty good team though! So I wouldn’t fret :)

I was on the site, the option didn’t appear lol, I’m glad I got a good team at least :D the only player I really know is Jonathan Toews and that’s because I own his jersey lol

Charmander
09-29-2018, 10:47 PM
I was on the site, the option didn’t appear lol, I’m glad I got a good team at least :D the only player I really know is Jonathan Toews and that’s because I own his jersey lol

I have a Toews jersey too haha. On the site you would have to had gone to the draft option and then join the draft. Sorry you missed out :(

RealisticError
09-29-2018, 11:14 PM
I have a Toews jersey too haha. On the site you would have to had gone to the draft option and then join the draft. Sorry you missed out :(

S’all good, I just didn’t want y’all thinking I’m not 100% in this :p

RealisticError
10-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Tomorrow is the first day of the season right? :)

Charmander
10-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Tomorrow is the first day of the season right? :)

Yup it was! Time to rack up those points! Everyone pretty much has all star teams so I am sure match ups are going to be pretty close this year. :)

RealisticError
10-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Yup it was! Time to rack up those points! Everyone pretty much has all star teams so I am sure match ups are going to be pretty close this year. :)

This is really exciting! I made one change to my team and included Toews lol, but I accidentally dropped a defender, now I’ve gotta wait to pick him up again

Edit: I think I'm losing really badly, still having fun though!

Charmander
10-12-2018, 10:46 PM
This is really exciting! I made one change to my team and included Toews lol, but I accidentally dropped a defender, now I’ve gotta wait to pick him up again

Edit: I think I'm losing really badly, still having fun though!

Don’t get discouraged ! Things eb and flow so much during the season. If you have one terrible week you will have a great week that will help balance things out. :) plus there’s lots of great players left and even names that haven’t even started producing yet. You’ll do great!

RealisticError
10-12-2018, 11:50 PM
Don’t get discouraged ! Things eb and flow so much during the season. If you have one terrible week you will have a great week that will help balance things out. :) plus there’s lots of great players left and even names that haven’t even started producing yet. You’ll do great!

I’m having fun with it either way :D

RealisticError
10-25-2018, 08:46 PM
Howdy y'all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me why players go on the no trade list? I have a goalie who is sucking hard but I can't trade him away!

Sci_Girl
10-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Howdy y'all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me why players go on the no trade list? I have a goalie who is sucking hard but I can't trade him away!

I have not signed up for Yahoo Fantasy this year but the no trade list was based on overall performance, value, and inury risk from actual game play. It's to keep teams competitive and not have users get a ton of top players on one single team. Players like Crosby a dumb user might drop a week in because he doesn't get over a point per game. Those knee jerk responses lead to another picking up Crosby and later in the season suddenly he bounces back yielding massive points on that team who may already have say Mcdavid.

From what I remember the no trade list does change, but without notice, as the season progresses.

Wait it out and see if that goalie's stats improve or just don't play them. If they are a back up with 2 starts and a 3.2 gaa but began with a high overall rating the Yahoo fantasy people's may have him on the no trade list.

RealisticError
10-26-2018, 04:20 PM
I have not signed up for Yahoo Fantasy this year but the no trade list was based on overall performance, value, and inury risk from actual game play. It's to keep teams competitive and not have users get a ton of top players on one single team. Players like Crosby a dumb user might drop a week in because he doesn't get over a point per game. Those knee jerk responses lead to another picking up Crosby and later in the season suddenly he bounces back yielding massive points on that team who may already have say Mcdavid.

From what I remember the no trade list does change, but without notice, as the season progresses.

Wait it out and see if that goalie's stats improve or just don't play them. If they are a back up with 2 starts and a 3.2 gaa but began with a high overall rating the Yahoo fantasy people's may have him on the no trade list.

That’s what he is actually lol, thanks for the advice :D I will keep him on and hopefully he gets a better go of it as fine moves on!

Sci_Girl
10-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Who is your goalie?

Charmander
11-09-2018, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I was unsure of how this worked as well. My thought was that your first drafted player made it to the not trade list. Hopefully next year we can see you in the league :)

Charmander
12-30-2018, 10:53 PM
If anyone is up for any trades I�m looking to offload some centers!

RealisticError
01-09-2019, 01:31 AM
Connor Hellebuyck has been on the can't cut list since day 1 of the season and has been rank 150+ EVERY DAY since then, FFS please let me get rid of him, Yahoo, your faith is NOT well placed T_T

Charmander
01-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Connor Hellebuyck has been on the can't cut list since day 1 of the season and has been rank 150+ EVERY DAY since then, FFS please let me get rid of him, Yahoo, your faith is NOT well placed T_T

Oh man that is rough. Looks like you’ll have to carry 3 goalies and maybe even add a fourth depending on the week then drop them when the week is done. I am rotating between 3 goalies myself. At one point they were all either on IR or DTD that sucked.

If he’s traded to another team could he be cut then?

RealisticError
01-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Oh man that is rough. Looks like you’ll have to carry 3 goalies and maybe even add a fourth depending on the week then drop them when the week is done. I am rotating between 3 goalies myself. At one point they were all either on IR or DTD that sucked.

If he’s traded to another team could he be cut then?

I think it’s a global list so that person would be stuck with him, rofl

Charmander
01-12-2019, 07:55 PM
I think it’s a global list so that person would be stuck with him, rofl

My condolences for your suffering then. RIP.

RealisticError
01-13-2019, 05:12 AM
My condolences for your suffering then. RIP.

Haha thank you! Hopefully he will have a stellar end of season :p

Charmander
01-13-2019, 11:09 AM

You never know. Stranger things have happened before. It’s nice seeing that everyone’s matchups are getting close now not as many blowouts anymore. Looks like everyone’s players are starting to find their stride.

Charmander
01-13-2019, 10:46 PM

If you wanna thrownhim in a trade package for one of your Calgary Flames players I’ll give you a goalie of your choice from my roster and a Centre. If you’re interest :)

RealisticError
01-15-2019, 05:21 PM
If you wanna thrownhim in a trade package for one of your Calgary Flames players I’ll give you a goalie of your choice from my roster and a Centre. If you’re interest :)

I appreciate the thought, but I'm super happy with my team right now, are you trying to get a full team of calgary flames players? haha

I did that once in a LOL fantasy bracket, I don't like LOL but wanted to play with my friends, so I just made it my mission to get all the players from a single team on my roster :P

Charmander
01-15-2019, 08:09 PM
I appreciate the thought, but I'm super happy with my team right now, are you trying to get a full team of calgary flames players? haha

I did that once in a LOL fantasy bracket, I don't like LOL but wanted to play with my friends, so I just made it my mission to get all the players from a single team on my roster :P

Lol no not a full team of flames player. Just at least one. That line and team is hot right now. Excuse the pun haha

That would have been quite the feat to get all player from one tram. Sounds fun though!

RealisticError
01-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Lol no not a full team of flames player. Just at least one. That line and team is hot right now. Excuse the pun haha

That would have been quite the feat to get all player from one tram. Sounds fun though!

It was pretty easy because I managed to get 3 of the best players in the league, and the team I wanted finished last that year rofl

Charmander
03-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Well it looks like we have made it to the end of the season!

Good Luck to blackbeard and RealisticError in the final!

It was quite a roller coaster of a season. Hopefully we can get some more participants next season!

RealisticError
03-26-2019, 09:45 PM
Well it looks like we have made it to the end of the season!

Good Luck to blackbeard and RealisticError in the final!

It was quite a roller coaster of a season. Hopefully we can get some more participants next season!

Thank you so much for running this competition, it's been a lot of fun!

Woodpecker
03-30-2019, 02:47 PM
I will definitely enter next season, I was too late for this one.

Charmander
04-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Keep an eye out for the board in September Kacheek28 hoping to have a larger league next year :)

And oh my goodness the final matchup ended in a Tie?! blackbeard and RealisticError did the app give you any tie break options?!

My app only shows up as a 4-4tie between you two and no other matchups.

Jeongyeon
04-01-2019, 11:35 PM
Championship round seem to be 2 weeks. Final week this week

RealisticError
04-03-2019, 08:57 PM
It's really neck and neck right now, what an exciting conclusion

Charmander
04-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Oh good I’m glad it didn’t just end in a tie! Wow it does look like a close matchup! Good luck to you both!

chelleblueberry
04-08-2019, 10:33 AM
hey guys! I'm sorry I havent been able to post here during the season, and I lost pretty badly, but this league was so much fun! I hope I'm able to join again next year!

Charmander
04-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Congrats to RealisticError as the 2019 CkHL Champion!

I see you already have VIP this month, so let me know when you want your free month!

I’ll be messaging Joe for userbars.

Until next year all!

RealisticError
04-09-2019, 01:14 AM
Congrats to RealisticError as the 2019 CkHL Champion!

I see you already have VIP this month, so let me know when you want your free month!

I’ll be messaging Joe for userbars.

Until next year all!

Thanks again for running this event, I'm new to fantasy leagues and I had an awesome time! :)

j03
04-11-2019, 07:33 PM
Just handed out all of the userbars! Congrats to RealisticError on getting champion this year, and a big thank you to Great White North for helping out and running the event again. :D