PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Essentials is Taken Down by C&D Nintendo

bluelatios
08-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Have you guys heard the latest news?
Pokemon essentials is taken down by cease and desist from nintendo america
of course it's all about copyright law

if you guys never heard about pokemon essentials, it is a tool created around 2007 that used to build all fan-made pokemon games, more than 100k times downloaded
if nintendo took it down, i believe fan-made pokemon games will decreasing much

more news here
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Star Dream
08-30-2018, 10:18 PM
Well, that's a shit move on their part to go and do that.
Let's hope that someone's gone and packaged up the tools so they can continue to be distributed, even if just on file hosting websites and whatnot.

Sadly this doesn't surprise me, Nintendo's pretty territorial about their main IPs. After their crackdown on emuparadise earlier this summer, it's just a reminder to download valuable stuff, whether it's hacking tools/utilities or ROMs, and keep it safe for future distribution to others.

Synth Salazzle
09-03-2018, 10:16 AM
I'm not surprised.

Nintendo has a major boner for taking away fan projects >:/

bluelatios
09-04-2018, 04:09 AM
Well, if i were nintendo, i would do the same, why? I don't like someone unpolitely copy my works, and don't even mention my name when he get such a fame and money with my work. I just want a recognition for that. Maybe if he politely asks for my permission, i will let him.

But, if i were nintendo again, i will politely asks the fan too if they want to do some project, or even buy his project.
Because something fan made is a something fan wants.

motherfucker
09-04-2018, 11:50 AM
It's shitty that they've done it.
They should develop a paid service like it.

I don't think fan games ever charged for stuff like this?

It's shitty of them, because it will only make more of a black market for developers and stuff.