PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon GoFest Chicago 2018

Delibird
07-12-2018, 11:05 PM
PokemonGo Fest will be held in Chicago lasting 2 days

-Trapinch, Feebas and more will be spawning worldwide
- Plusle and Minun give bonus stardust, available in shiny!
- Alolan Diglett and Geodude family will be released

Players can unlock aftermath bonuses by completing:
- Americas: 5 million quests - 'Reduced hatch distance' globally
- Europe: 5 million quests - 'Extra hatch candy' globally
- Asia Pacific: 5 million quests - 'Extra raid rare-candy' globally
- More suprise bonuses may be unlocked

Go Fest will be held at:
Lincoln Park 41.936862,-87.634963

Countdown:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Fell
07-13-2018, 12:22 AM
Is anyone else going, or is it just me? :P

Delibird
07-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Is anyone else going, or is it just me? :P

Ill be there in spirit spoofing haha. You'll get Celebi tho since it's only to those who got passes!!

Fell
07-13-2018, 12:46 PM
Ill be there in spirit spoofing haha. You'll get Celebi tho since it's only to those who got passes!!

Hopefully the QR system doesn't work like it did last year, but I'm doubtful. I got an email saying I wouldn't be able to see anything in Chicago until my QR code got scanned at the park.

Delibird
07-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Here’s a list of other parks in Chicago we can hit: (YOU CAN'T SEE POKEMON FOR GOFEST WITHOUT CODE)

Lincoln Park, Chicago
41.921438,-87.651304 (0ff Limit'z without code)

#D0wnT0wn, Chicago
41.8855, -87.6206

Millennium Park, Chicago
41.882552,-87.622551

Grant Park, Chicago
41.872172,-87.618750

Burnham Park, Chicago
41.869370,-87.627139

Jackson Park, Chicago
41.783252,-87.578253

Washington Park, Chicago
41.793204,-87.617598

Garfield Park,Chicago
41.881308,-87.714772

Humboldt Park, Chicago
41.902839,-87.707058

Fell
07-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Here’s a list of other parks in Chicago we can hit: (YOU CAN'T SEE POKEMON FOR GOFEST WITHOUT CODE)

Lincoln Park, Chicago
41.921438,-87.651304 (0ff Limit'z without code)

#D0wnT0wn, Chicago
41.8855, -87.6206

Millennium Park, Chicago
41.882552,-87.622551

Grant Park, Chicago
41.872172,-87.618750

Burnham Park, Chicago
41.869370,-87.627139

Jackson Park, Chicago
41.783252,-87.578253

Washington Park, Chicago
41.793204,-87.617598

Garfield Park,Chicago
41.881308,-87.714772

Humboldt Park, Chicago
41.902839,-87.707058

Have you found anything good yet? I'm curious.

Charmander
07-14-2018, 12:35 PM
I’ll spoof here is a bit

Fell
07-17-2018, 12:38 AM
I took a couple of pictures, but they aren't that good tbh. Sorry :P

Delibird
07-17-2018, 02:30 AM
How was it meeting pokefans??? Did you meet any fellow spoofers by chance haha.

Also did you get celebi???

Fell
07-17-2018, 10:31 PM
How was it meeting pokefans??? Did you meet any fellow spoofers by chance haha.

Also did you get celebi???

Yes, I did get celebi. The employees who were running the team tents/habitats (they had microphones) kept saying that they hoped we were making new friends and such, but honestly, nobody talked to one another unless they knew each other previously. The celebi tasks kept you on your feet and you had to walk several miles to finish them (for the first task you had to walk your buddy, the 2nd you had to sweep the entire park to catch biome specific pokemon that would only spawn on the north or south side, then you had to hatch three eggs, etc.), so you couldn't really stand around chatting if you wanted to catch it. I only had someone talk to me one time and that was when I was trying to catch celebi. He "time travels" on your screen which basically means he hops around like crazy, so I was spinning in circles for about 10 minutes trying to get him. >_>

As for spoofers, nobody was ridiculous enough to out themselves, but there were DEFINITELY spoofers there. The team tents would hold "contests" every so often where they asked the crowd to come up and show them a pokemon to win prizes. Some of the contests were things like: Most ____ caught, biggest _____ caught, most eggs hatched, most ____ encountered. Someone had caught 8k tiny rattatas, another one hatched 1.3k eggs, another had 17 MILLION stardust, and the most obvious one had like 40k magikarp caught (essentially outting themselves as using a bot....). I just don't see legit people having won those contests at all.

Another fun tidbit: The team tents were mainly used for trading this year. People would wait in a line to tell the announcer A. What they wanted and B. What they were willing to trade for it. SO MANY PEOPLE were seeking Trophius and offering things like Heracross .. nobody traded them. Who would, that's an absurd trade to try to make, and I laughed every time. And the announcers were very obviously not pokemon fans because they butchered the pronunciations.

Delibird
07-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Yes, I did get celebi. The employees who were running the team tents/habitats (they had microphones) kept saying that they hoped we were making new friends and such, but honestly, nobody talked to one another unless they knew each other previously. The celebi tasks kept you on your feet and you had to walk several miles to finish them (for the first task you had to walk your buddy, the 2nd you had to sweep the entire park to catch biome specific pokemon that would only spawn on the north or south side, then you had to hatch three eggs, etc.), so you couldn't really stand around chatting if you wanted to catch it. I only had someone talk to me one time and that was when I was trying to catch celebi. He "time travels" on your screen which basically means he hops around like crazy, so I was spinning in circles for about 10 minutes trying to get him. >_>

As for spoofers, nobody was ridiculous enough to out themselves, but there were DEFINITELY spoofers there. The team tents would hold "contests" every so often where they asked the crowd to come up and show them a pokemon to win prizes. Some of the contests were things like: Most ____ caught, biggest _____ caught, most eggs hatched, most ____ encountered. Someone had caught 8k tiny rattatas, another one hatched 1.3k eggs, another had 17 MILLION stardust, and the most obvious one had like 40k magikarp caught (essentially outting themselves as using a bot....). I just don't see legit people having won those contests at all.

Another fun tidbit: The team tents were mainly used for trading this year. People would wait in a line to tell the announcer A. What they wanted and B. What they were willing to trade for it. SO MANY PEOPLE were seeking Trophius and offering things like Heracross .. nobody traded them. Who would, that's an absurd trade to try to make, and I laughed every time. And the announcers were very obviously not pokemon fans because they butchered the pronunciations.

That sounds both awful and fun at the same time. and I fricken LOL'd about the spoofers outing themselves. I doubt they cared tho if they got caught since.

Would you do this again? haha.

Fell
07-18-2018, 02:14 PM
That sounds both awful and fun at the same time. and I fricken LOL'd about the spoofers outing themselves. I doubt they cared tho if they got caught since.

Would you do this again? haha.I doubt they got caught. They didn't log any usernames, the announcers just gave them loot bags and such for winning. Most of them turned around and tried to sell them in the park for ridiculous prices.

I think next year I'll just buy a ticket and spoof there. I should've this year, but my friend flew here from California so I felt obligated. Too much walking, and soooo hot.

Edit: I just remembered when we leaving the park there was someone trying to sell an instinct staff tshirt for $50. It was basically a white polo with yellow sleeves and a logo that said Pokemon Go Fest. No idea how they acquired the shirt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk