PDA

View Full Version : Do Pok�mon maps still exist?

RealisticError
07-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Hi,

It�s been ages since I�ve played Go and I really want to get back into it, but I�m having trouble finding a working Pok�mon map, did they ruin the game and remove the maps completely? Because that makes the game pretty boring :/

Fell
07-11-2018, 10:53 AM
I think what happened was that when there was a huge ban wave a few months ago, it banned pretty much all of the bots that the maps relied on to get info. They often had several hundred accounts placed around that would feed spawns/gym info to the maps (I know for certain that's how my local one functioned). Without the bots, there's no map.
I could be wrong, someone feel free to correct me.
The best way to get info on spawns and gyms now seems to be through various discords. If you're a legit player, try searching for pokemon go groups in your location on FB. They often have discords you can join. If you're a spoofer, there's some good ones for that as well. :P

RealisticError
07-17-2018, 11:01 PM
(Sorry I didn't get notified that you replied!)

Thanks for the information, I'm so disappointed that they removed the maps, personally there's no reason for me to play without them, oh well, less money for Niantic!

Nimoligist
07-17-2018, 11:12 PM
There's local maps now, check your Facebook pokemon go local groups and fan pages.

RealisticError
07-17-2018, 11:28 PM
Oh really? I'll check my area and see if I can find one, thanks :)