PDA

View Full Version : Semi New Laptops

virtual
12-24-2011, 06:37 PM
So this summer while working, I work as summer help and do maintenance and fix stuff for the town. One building throwing stuff out there was like a pile of 10 laptops to be thrown out so I snagged two. I just turned them on the other day threw a boot disk in cracked the PW, and basically wiped it and now putting some stuff on it. Not a awesome laptop but its duo core 2.0 processor, 100gb hd, 2gb of ram, and obviously no good video card. So basically good for anything but intense games and I have 2 more of em now ;D

jongeh
12-24-2011, 07:14 PM
That's really cool. I love it when random places throw stuff out and you get freebies. That same thing happened to me and my dad, but with office chairs. This company was just throwing out these really expensive/luxurious office chairs, so we grabbed two from the skip haha.

Azn
12-25-2011, 11:10 PM
My mom works at a university and students are always throwing out stuff especially before break. She usually brings home a lot of stuff that I can use. The best thing she has found so far would either be an apple keyboard (still works and looked brand new after I sprayed and cleaned it up) or a portable dvd player.

Reemer
12-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow nice! I would use one a media center and watch movies on it from my ps3.
Also, my wife worked at a smaller college this summer cleaning dorms after camps went there, and whatever she found she could take home, unless the people called and wanted it back. But the best thing she found for me was a ps3 controller ;-)

Mikey
12-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Nothing like this ever happens to me wtf lol