PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys supplement fish oil?

Milly
06-10-2018, 04:47 PM
I'm trying to decide if its really necessary, atm all I supplement with is a multi and whey isolate. All I hear is this fish oil is a god send but do you guys feel it's worth the 40 dollars every three months?

bobbybrown1
06-11-2018, 01:37 AM
I would say that there is no significant benefit to taking fish oil supplements, while at the same time, say that it wouldn't hurt you if you tried.

There are both positive and negative studies that argue the benefit of taking these supplements; the main one from an exercise point of view that there are anti-inflammatory effects that would work to prevent muscle and joint inflammation- obviously beneficial in those who lift weights or even do aerobic exercise for that matter.

Additionally, there is a theoretical basis that the active components of fish oil work to increase muscle growth and decrease degradation- for anyone that goes gym that is stellar news. However, there are lots of conflicting studies and nothing that, as far as I know, has been concrete.

Simply said now; if you can afford it, go for it. If not, you'll still be making sick gainzzz

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

With that being said,

Milly
06-11-2018, 02:31 AM
I would say that there is no significant benefit to taking fish oil supplements, while at the same time, say that it wouldn't hurt you if you tried.

There are both positive and negative studies that argue the benefit of taking these supplements; the main one from an exercise point of view that there are anti-inflammatory effects that would work to prevent muscle and joint inflammation- obviously beneficial in those who lift weights or even do aerobic exercise for that matter.

Additionally, there is a theoretical basis that the active components of fish oil work to increase muscle growth and decrease degradation- for anyone that goes gym that is stellar news. However, there are lots of conflicting studies and nothing that, as far as I know, has been concrete.

Simply said now; if you can afford it, go for it. If not, you'll still be making sick gainzzz

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

With that being said,

Thanks for the reply man yea I just read through this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and it doesnt seem to be this magical pill but some of the pro's you listed seem worth testing it out for, Ill prob order like a months supply from one of the labdoor picks and give it a shot. If I notice anything Ill let you everyone know LOL. I saw a post on reddit about it helping with DOMS which was my main reason about wanting to give it a shot, I'm tired of the pain trying to sit on the toliet the morning after leg day but I found an article on the site you linked saying there was no significant changes with fish oil. ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) Oh well the foam roller make me feel a little better I guess LMAO

Mama Bear
06-11-2018, 02:35 AM
I know some multis already contain them; maybe check if yours does. I know the capsules I take for pregnancy have it included.

Milly
06-11-2018, 02:43 AM
I just checked my multi im taking Alive max3 daily its got a flaxseed dose in it but the fish oil is different :(

Mama Bear
06-11-2018, 03:42 AM
I just checked my multi im taking Alive max3 daily its got a flaxseed dose in it but the fish oil is different :(

You'll be all set to lactate, taking flax. That shit's a galactagogue, haha.

Milly
06-11-2018, 03:47 AM
You'll be all set to lactate, taking flax. That shit's a galactagogue, haha.

Well shit screw the FO my needs are met. ;)

bobbybrown1
06-11-2018, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the reply man yea I just read through this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and it doesnt seem to be this magical pill but some of the pro's you listed seem worth testing it out for, Ill prob order like a months supply from one of the labdoor picks and give it a shot. If I notice anything Ill let you everyone know LOL. I saw a post on reddit about it helping with DOMS which was my main reason about wanting to give it a shot, I'm tired of the pain trying to sit on the toliet the morning after leg day but I found an article on the site you linked saying there was no significant changes with fish oil. ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) Oh well the foam roller make me feel a little better I guess LMAO

Haha yes unfortunately there is contradictory evidence everywhere; especially in sports physiology. The best hope is for a meta-analysis of evidence to eventually emerge, as lots of studies have lots of limitations, biases, and just poor validity for a host of different reasons.

If what you're worried about is leg doms though, I assure you, after about 3 weeks of consistency or so it's forgettable. More incentive to keep going haha