PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee confirmed!

Fell
05-29-2018, 10:43 PM
"Return to the Kanto region and experience a classic Pok�mon journey in a whole new way with Pok�mon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pok�mon: Let's Go, Eevee! on the Nintendo Switch! Coming November 16, 2018"

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Finally news and an official release date for the next game! :D It's supposed to be a re-make of sorts of Pokemon Yellow, featuring either Pikachu or Eevee. Supposedly will also connect to Pokemon Go, and of course, all on the new Switch console. Thoughts? Opinions? :S

Hall
05-29-2018, 10:47 PM
Here is the link to the Serebii page that has all the information currently gathered.

I'm hyped that there is a new game but I don't like Pokemon Go, nor do I own a Switch. So for the time being I'll be excited there is a new game but probably won't play it.

Mama Bear
05-29-2018, 10:48 PM
The trailer looked good, but I do worry about the reliance on Pokemon Go for the full experience of the new games. Cautiously optimistic.

SomeClown
05-29-2018, 11:26 PM
They should make a new GBC game...I'm too old for these new fangled things...seriously...I got excited...had a small flash of imagination..then remembered..oh yeah...that was the 6th grade when red came out...

i think it would be fresh though...i might have to make my company partner get the game and hook the switch up in the studio when it comes out lol

Star Dream
05-30-2018, 12:01 AM
They did announce that they're still working on gen 8/"core" games that'll be out in 2019 or so, so I don't see the point in complaining too hard about them not being a new generation. This is basically to tide us over until then, and honestly? I like the looks of it so far.

Overall, it's a weird but interesting remix of Pokemon Yellow, and I'll take it as that.
Compatibility with Go is cool too, since the girlfriend and I play it casually together.

The "no online play" part is.. weird to me, but again, original Yellow didn't have that either. The official competitive format is still centered around USUM, and almost 100% will stay that way through next season, given the in-game access to previous legendaries and how it matches up with ORAS.
So.. these two games can be reasonably assumed to have no bearing on the competitive scene or the Pokedex, which makes it safe to say that we can treat them as spinoffs.

WantaFanta
05-30-2018, 12:04 AM
Heh. Trailer looks cool, but let's see how many glitches result from this release. XD

Fell
05-30-2018, 02:22 AM
The trailer looked good, but I do worry about the reliance on Pokemon Go for the full experience of the new games. Cautiously optimistic.

"Cautiously Optimistic" sums up how I feel as well :)
I just need to do a lot more researching before deciding if I'll be buying a Switch or not, I suppose.

pinebox
05-30-2018, 07:16 PM
It's an interesting concept, but I'd probably wait until reviews come out before investing in a Switch.

j03
05-30-2018, 07:19 PM
Damn... I can't wait for the release of this Yellow remake! Especially in the amazing Switch graphics. Gamefreak is delivering.

potatoe
05-30-2018, 09:42 PM
I'll be honest, I cringed a bit when watching the video. Pokemon Go is fine as a mobile game, but I don't really know how to feel about it on a console with the pokeball controller accessory.

You guys said this is a yellow remake? I must have missed that somewhere along the way.

pinebox
05-31-2018, 10:35 AM
I'll be honest, I cringed a bit when watching the video. Pokemon Go is fine as a mobile game, but I don't really know how to feel about it on a console with the pokeball controller accessory.

You guys said this is a yellow remake? I must have missed that somewhere along the way.

Yep, it's been described as such. It's also meant to attract Pokemon Go players to the console games.

potatoe
05-31-2018, 01:06 PM

Yep, it's been described as such. It's also meant to attract Pokemon Go players to the console games.

Is it me, or did that polygon "article" make a lot of assumptions based on the trailer footage that were never explicitly stated?

Nyu
05-31-2018, 02:08 PM
I kinda want to buy a switch console just to play this game, hopefully itll be cheaper when the game is released.
I have yet to play sun and moon + ultra though.

Fell
06-01-2018, 02:18 PM
I keep wondering if they might release a better version of the Switch anytime soon, or better skins. I bought the New 3DS when Ultra Sun and Moon was announced, right before they announced it would be the last game for the 3DS. :(
Sun and Moon Ultra is okay. It's pretty much the same as Sun and Moon until the last few hours of gameplay, which is a real downer. It has a few new features like the wormholes that make some shinies a bit easier to obtain.

Harley
06-03-2018, 05:23 PM
I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about this as well. I was only intending on buying a Switch when the next gen pokemon comes out, now I'm not sure if I want to get a Switch now to play one of these new games, or wait until next year. One on hand, it looks like Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee could be a lot of fun. On the other hand, I don't know how to feel about the PoGo tie in as I wasn't the biggest fan of that game.
I've enjoyed playing Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon like I've enjoyed the previous gens. The only thing I didn't like about it was not being able to skip all of those cutscenes. They got boring and tedious rather quickly.

GrandPree
06-04-2018, 12:44 AM
I'm amped, time to use my Switch again.

Herb
06-07-2018, 05:35 AM
Man I need to get myself a Switch so I can play this :O

bobbybrown1
06-07-2018, 07:46 AM
I'm actually really keen for this game; I loved playing pokemon go at its peak and it'll be fun to pseudo-live it again through this game. The first game boy game I ever played was pokemon yellow so this will just be one mad nostalgia trip for me.

KEEN.

jrdizzle
06-07-2018, 10:08 AM
I may need to buy a switch just to relive those memories of the classic Pokemon games. I still casually play Pokemon GO so hopefully it's a nice mix of the 2 instead of being too 'GO-ish'

Lapis
06-21-2018, 02:13 AM
It looks cute! The switch lineup is a little bit lacking still; it's great that there'll be another large scale game for the console.

Dragonite
06-24-2018, 07:19 PM
I never really liked Kanto games to begin with - so seeing this mixed with Go is kinda... upsetting :s

70spurple
07-18-2018, 12:08 PM
november is too long of a wait

Shiny Espurr
08-24-2018, 12:37 PM
I’m really excited for this, I have wanted a remake of the original games with current graphics for a long time. I have held off on buying the Switch, due to a lack of a traditional Pok�mon game and lack of Animal Crossing, but this news is making me want to buy myself a Switch and the game for Christmas.

bluelatios
08-25-2018, 02:14 AM
They should make a new GBC game...I'm too old for these new fangled things...seriously...I got excited...had a small flash of imagination..then remembered..oh yeah...that was the 6th grade when red came out...

i think it would be fresh though...i might have to make my company partner get the game and hook the switch up in the studio when it comes out lol

You should play some fan made games
Like currently im playing Pokeone, it combines kanto and johto (unova is coming soon), it's single server, it's mmo, support trading, and more

panic!
10-16-2018, 06:56 AM
I still find this underwhelming.
I don't think I will get this game

chiro
10-16-2018, 12:06 PM
Considering I have nothing better to do with my time as I'm 7.5 months preggo currently, I am excited for this. I want to buy a switch just to get pokemon games. #adulting

Oh and Animal Crossing next year. That too.

panic!
10-16-2018, 09:03 PM
Considering I have nothing better to do with my time as I'm 7.5 months preggo currently, I am excited for this. I want to buy a switch just to get pokemon games. #adulting

Oh and Animal Crossing next year. That too.

Yes for ANIMAL CROSSING!
I have been waiting for it to be released on switch for so long!

MrSlowBro
10-16-2018, 09:18 PM
I want the switch but im waiting for a less pokemon go related game

panic!
10-16-2018, 09:23 PM
I want the switch but im waiting for a less pokemon go related game

I think they will release Gen 8 next year

chiro
10-17-2018, 12:19 PM
Yes for ANIMAL CROSSING!
I have been waiting for it to be released on switch for so long!

Right, me too! I play Pocket Camp but only when they do events/etc. And I keep trying to play New Leaf but it's just so.. well when you've played that since launch it's time for a change. I can't wait for them to start releasing more info for the switch game.