PDA

View Full Version : NEW KANTO REGION EVENT! :D HUNDREDS OF SHINIES!

SadBoy
04-11-2018, 12:02 PM
The message from Niantic says:

"Trainers, the appearance of the Mythical Pokemon Mew has attracted Pokemon that were originally discovered in the Kanto region. These classic Pokemon will be seen more frequently starting April 10 at 1 p.m. PDT, so you'll have the perfect opportunity to earn a gold Kanto medal and complete your Kanto Pokedex! What's more, certain Pokemon such as Aerodactyl and Snorlax will be featured in Raid Battles across the world. Keep an eye out for one you haven't encountered yet! During this event, there will be special boxes containing Raid Passes! These boxes will give you an opportunity to challenge many powerful Pokemon originally discovered in the Kanto region. Get going, Trainers--this celebration ends on April 17 at 1 p.m. PDT. Stay safe and happy exploring!"

What they don't tell you is there's double candy and 1/2 distance for buddy candy! (Ex. 1 km --> 0.5km)

Also, here's a breakdown of the boxes they're selling!

Special Box (480 Coins) || 6x Premium Raid Pass (600 Coins) + 10 Pinap Berries (??? Coins) + 4 Lure Modules (320 Coins) = 920 Coins worth for the price of 480 Coins

Great Box (780 Coins) || 6x Incense (480 Coins) + 6x Lucky Eggs (480 Coins) + 12 Premium Raid Passes (1200 Coins) = 2160 Coins for the price of 780 Coins

Ultra Box (1480 Coins) || 12 Lucky Egg (960 Coins) + 24 Premium Raid Pass (2400 Coins) + 14 Piece (??? Coins) + 10 Lure Modules (800 Coins) = 4160 Coins for the price of 1480 Coins!

100 Coins = $1 USD but Coins can be earned by keeping your pokemon in a gym! See my guide for that in my signature!

~ And last but not least ~

ALL POKEMON FROM KANTO (AND JOHTO) HAVE SHINY SPRITES IN THE IN-GAME TRAFFIC!
Any Kanto Pokemon (or Johto & Hoenn) could possiby be shiny in the future ~ Good luck! ~ Will update my shinies guide in a bit.

pinguim
04-11-2018, 12:22 PM
There are not all shiny sprites from Kanto in game traffic... Also, there is no report atm about more shinies besides of we already had before the event...

Pok�mon for which Shiny sprites were not found in the traffic:
Beedrill, Pidgeotto, Sandslash, Jigglypuff, Wigglypuff, Golbat, Oddish, Paras, Venomoth, Diglett, Dugtrio, Bellsprout, Graveler, Golem, Ponyta, Rapidash, Magnemite, Magneton, Farfetch’d, Grimer, Muk, Cloyster, Voltorb, Electrode, Koffing, Weezing, Chansey, Tangela, Staryu, Starmie, Scyther, Electabuzz, Ditto, Eevee, Vaporeon, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Hoothoot, Chinchou, Lanturn, Bellossom, Marill, Azumarill, Politoed, Sunkern, Sunflora, Yanma, Unown, Girafarig, Forretress, Qwilfish, Scizor, Heracross, Slugma, Magcargo, Octillery, Delibird, Mantine, Skarmory, Kingdra, Donphan, Smeargle, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Elekid, Blissey, Pupitar, Celebi.

SadBoy
04-11-2018, 02:23 PM
There are not all shiny sprites from Kanto in game traffic... Also, there is no report atm about more shinies besides of we already had before the event...

Pok�mon for which Shiny sprites were not found in the traffic:
Beedrill, Pidgeotto, Sandslash, Jigglypuff, Wigglypuff, Golbat, Oddish, Paras, Venomoth, Diglett, Dugtrio, Bellsprout, Graveler, Golem, Ponyta, Rapidash, Magnemite, Magneton, Farfetch’d, Grimer, Muk, Cloyster, Voltorb, Electrode, Koffing, Weezing, Chansey, Tangela, Staryu, Starmie, Scyther, Electabuzz, Ditto, Eevee, Vaporeon, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Hoothoot, Chinchou, Lanturn, Bellossom, Marill, Azumarill, Politoed, Sunkern, Sunflora, Yanma, Unown, Girafarig, Forretress, Qwilfish, Scizor, Heracross, Slugma, Magcargo, Octillery, Delibird, Mantine, Skarmory, Kingdra, Donphan, Smeargle, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Elekid, Blissey, Pupitar, Celebi.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

This is the updated list:
Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Pidgey, Pidgeot, Rattata, Raticate, Spearow, Fearow, Ekans, Arbok, Sandshrew, Nidoran (F), Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Nidoran (M), Nidorino, Nidoking, Clefairy, Clefable, Vulpix, Ninetales, Zubat, Gloom, Vileplume, Parasect, Venonat, Meowth, Persian, Psyduck, Golduck, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Geodude, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Doduo, Dodrio, Seel, Dewgong, Shellder, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Onix, Drowzee, Hypno, Krabby, Kingler, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Cubone, Marowak, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Kangaskhan, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Seaking, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Magmar, Pinsir, Tauros, Lapras, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Sentret, Furret, Noctowl, Ledyba, Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Crobat, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Natu, Xatu, Sudowoodo, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Aipom, Wooper, Quagsire, Espeon, Umbreon, Slowking, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Pineco, Dunsparce, Gligar, Steelix, Snubbull, Granbull, Shuckle, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Swinub, Piloswine, Corsola, Remoraid, Houndour, Houndoom, Phanpy, Porygon2, Stantler, Smoochum, Entei, Suicune, Larvitar, Tyranitar, Ho-Oh

And mons that don't have shiny:

pinguim
04-11-2018, 02:37 PM
elpromethazine The article says what is in the in game traffic not what is released to catch shiny form...
"IMPORTANT NOTE: Stating that Shiny sprites are found in the traffic of the game doesn’t mean that you can find them in the wild already. However, it means that Niantic can now release them with the simply flip of a switch."

e.g. we have Latios and Latias shiny form in game but we can't catch their shinies.

As far as I know, none of the mentioned shiny form in the article was released to catch. So, even with Kanto event, by now we only encounter normal forms (besides that of we already have)

SadBoy
04-11-2018, 02:53 PM
I know that. If you want to start posting the events on here and keeping the CK pokemon go community up to date then you can if i'm not doing a good job.

cloudxcrash
04-13-2018, 05:24 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Pros:
- Double candy
- 1/2 distance buddy candy
- More Pikachu spawning (for the medal)
- More Magikarp spawning (for the medal)

Cons (aka what I'm disappointed about):
- Gen 1 regionals not spawning worldwide
- Lack of gen 1 shines released (I want me a shiny Staryu and Ponyta)

normanbates
04-13-2018, 09:56 AM
i'm so happy! now i can get my machamp and charizard... xD

SadBoy
04-13-2018, 02:40 PM
I'm just hoping I can get a shiny magicarp finally xD