PDA

View Full Version : Lugia back in raid battles until April 2!

cloudxcrash
03-17-2018, 02:01 PM
If Lugia is not enough reason for you to get back into Pokemon GO, maybe this will convince you; shiny Lugia confirmed!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I did 4 Lugia raids today, with an average of 10 people participating in each raid, and by the end of each raid there'd be 1-2 persons getting the shiny version.
Shiny Lugia has a 100% catch rate, no need to worry about using Golden Razz or throwing a curveball. Just hit it with the ball and it's yours.

Speaking of Lugia and curveball... why is it so hard to hit when the circle is so big and Lugia is so close to the sceeen? Or am I just a bad thrower? :S

Accelerator
03-17-2018, 03:50 PM
Lugia doing a "my d is thiiiis big" pose
Use a pinap if you get a shiny one, or as recommended above (and if you don't have one/don't want 2x candies) save your GRB.

pinguim
03-17-2018, 05:36 PM
I did 10 raids today and no shiny yet wtf niantic .-.

Lugia it's being more easily to throw excellent than Rayquaza IMO

SadBoy
03-17-2018, 10:08 PM
I got my shiny lugia today! Super happy about that! Terrible IV though.

Gotta edit my shiny guide now. c:

cloudxcrash
03-18-2018, 01:54 PM

Look at it, it's beautiful. ;w; How many raids for the shiny?

You really think so? I've seen Lugia 15 times and caught none, but seen Rayquaza 20 times and caught 10 so... not to mention Rayquaza was pretty easy to take down while Lugia, although now slightly improved compared to last summer, is more of a tank and a huge pain to battle.

Accelerator
03-18-2018, 02:23 PM
cloudxcrash 5
Shinies are always awesome, I don't like what they did with "barfonite" though

SadBoy
03-18-2018, 07:13 PM
It's really easy to get a curve ball excellent throw, because of how close up it is. If you have the raid passes to spare, try practicing your curve ball throws and you'll be able to get the excellent or even critical throw if you get it center in the circle that gets smaller before you aim. (idk if i explained that well lol)

I've caught like 7/15 or 16 raids (not quite 50% ;~;) but like it was with rayquaza, once they made it easier to throw and catch, this one is all about luck. It's all about luck with their set catch rate (2% BCR) ~ It also helps if you have a Gold Pokemon Medal in Flying and Psychic types. Increases your catch chance. Good luck fellow Pokemon players <3

Nimoligist
03-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Thank you I can not wait to get my hands on a shiny lugia.

pinguim
03-19-2018, 06:20 AM
cloudxcrash It's really easy to take it down now lol In last summer I was level 32 and none Tyranitar. Just an army of Jolteons and they are a glass cannon. But now I'm hitting the bills with Lugia lol
I remember we needed around 13-15 to take it down, now with 6/7 we can do it!

Also, I didn't see any shiny lugia atm. I have a friend with almost 30 raids and no shiny yet.

SadBoy
03-19-2018, 03:53 PM
Time to end my own life ok? I won a raid, and the lugia I was trying to catch was 2054 CP (100% IV!!!) and it fled ;~; WHY IS MY LIFE SO HARD AKJDKJAKDJKADJDJKAJDK

*sobs*

;~;

Accelerator
03-19-2018, 05:23 PM
Time to end my own life ok? I won a raid, and the lugia I was trying to catch was 2054 CP (100% IV!!!) and it fled ;~; WHY IS MY LIFE SO HARD AKJDKJAKDJKADJDJKAJDK

*sobs*

;~;

A perfect non weather boosted Lugia is 2056 though...

SadBoy
03-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Oh maybe it was 2056. Either way, sad day 5 me

Charmander
03-20-2018, 08:03 PM
I did 10 raids today and no shiny yet wtf niantic .-.

How are you doing 10 raids a day!? Premium raid passes?

pinguim
03-21-2018, 06:06 AM
How are you doing 10 raids a day!? Premium raid passes?

Yes! I bought the last box with 20 raid passes :D