PDA

View Full Version : Python help on iOS

Ganymede
11-21-2017, 11:33 PM
I can't figure this thing out, everytime I hit "run" I get an error message such as "invalid syntax" or this one -

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/**/Downloads/NeoQuester 2/client.py", line 14, in <module>
import classes.battle
File "/Users/**/Downloads/NeoQuester 2/classes/battle.py", line 1, in <module>
from output import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'output'

Am I using this program wrong? Can't seem to make a single program run with it.

npm
11-22-2017, 11:54 AM
First of what version of python do you have installed?
You should have python 2.7 since most python programs are made for that version.

Ganymede
11-22-2017, 05:52 PM
That’s probably is since I just went and downloaded the latest one for Mac. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Lmao I wish I knew I wouldn't be able to get any of this to run before I bought the clraik premium since none of the programs run on my dinosaur mac laptop

Trying to install the correct python and receiving this message

The installation failed.

The Installer could not instal the software.

The Installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install.

(typed out again because I couldn't cp it)

npm
11-22-2017, 06:15 PM
If you give me more information I could help you.

What IOS version you're trying to install python in?
What app or package are you trying to install and from where did you download it?

Ganymede
11-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Thank you so much!

I'm on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and I am trying to follow the instructions of this thread -

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!-Fully-Automated-Neoquest-1-Completer

but right at the end of the python installer it suddenly comes up with a box that says

The Installation failed.

The Installer could not install the software.

The Installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install.

Thank you again for your assistance.

npm
11-22-2017, 07:55 PM
I'm on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and I am trying to follow the instructions of this thread

Ok lets check some things first to narrow down some options:

1.- Check that you downloaded the correct package for your system.
2.- Check the size of the package to ensure that isn't corrupted.
3.- The Apple installer searches the /Library/Receipts directory for existing older packages of the same software that should be installed, so please delete all the similar python packages on this folder.
4.- If you have Gatekeeper enabled, the installation will be blocked. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy and click Open Anyway.

After this please try again.

Also I'd recommend to download the package from here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Download the one labeled as:
Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer

Ganymede
11-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Ok lets check some things first to narrow down some options:

1.- Check that you downloaded the correct package for your system.
2.- Check the size of the package to ensure that isn't corrupted.
3.- The Apple installer searches the /Library/Receipts directory for existing older packages of the same software that should be installed, so please delete all the similar python packages on this folder.
4.- If you have Gatekeeper enabled, the installation will be blocked. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy and click Open Anyway.

After this please try again.

Also I'd recommend to download the package from here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Download the one labeled as:
Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer

Edit: I have found how to unhide library folder, but there's no "receipts" or python?

How do I find /Library/Receipts directory? I searched it in finder (I am very bad at macs) and have no idea how to access it?
I have attempted everything else on the list and I am still getting the same error, so I hope to directory will be the answer.

npm
11-22-2017, 08:21 PM
How do I find /Library/Receipts directory? I searched it in finder (I am very bad at macs) and have no idea how to access it?
I have attempted everything else on the list and I am still getting the same error, so I hope to directory will be the answer.

Don't worry I know nothing about MACs tbh. Try with the following directory: /var/db/receipts.
Also it's alright sorry that im not been of so much help here lol.

Ganymede
11-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Don't worry I know nothing about MACs tbh. Try with the following directory: /var/db/receipts.
Also it's alright sorry that im not been of so much help here lol.

You've been a big help just for sticking with me through this :P I don't think it's happening unfortunately. I hate this mac with a burning passion. The issue is I can not get one single program to work on it, so I'm guessing a degree of it is my own capabilities. I try to download to library files and it tells me the mac won't run window files, I try to download anything else and I get told either the same thing or that I don't have any application to open the program with. I'm at a loss, I just want to go back to cheating on neo hahaha.

npm
11-22-2017, 10:08 PM
You've been a big help just for sticking with me through this :P I don't think it's happening unfortunately. I hate this mac with a burning passion. The issue is I can not get one single program to work on it, so I'm guessing a degree of it is my own capabilities. I try to download to library files and it tells me the mac won't run window files, I try to download anything else and I get told either the same thing or that I don't have any application to open the program with. I'm at a loss, I just want to go back to cheating on neo hahaha.

Tbh the easiest way its installing windows with a virtual machine on mac either with bootcamp or wine and installing the programs there.