PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Suggestions?

Jeongyeon
11-06-2017, 12:43 AM
The one I am currently using is literally on life support :P

Any suggestions? For casual use only (browsing, watching movies etc etc.).
Older (cheaper) version is preferred.

Im thinking of maybe a 2015 macbook of some kind... Not very familiar with their products though.

Any thoughts/inputs are very much appreciated :)

Sarada
11-06-2017, 01:02 AM
If its just for browsing setting up a rasberry pi might be worth it. They're dirt cheap but I font have any personal experience with them.

Graff
11-06-2017, 01:05 AM
I have been happy with the service I get from buying electronics from Costco if you are a member. I also like that they don't have a million choices to pick from. They don't sell Mac but I'm sure you can get something cheap. Warranty/service has always been worth the cost to me from my experience as a frequent user so if you do go the refurb route with mac consider going through a legit vendor rather than a craigslist/ebay deal.

Mindfang
11-06-2017, 12:20 PM
idk if chromebooks are good for watching movies, but ive heard theyre cheap but good for student types who mostly need them for casual browsing, so they might be worth checking out? theyre cheap mostly, which makes them easy to replace if/when they get worn out

fool
11-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Man I’m in the market for a good gaming laptop rn but I don’t know anything. There’s so many opinions out there and who knows which ones are “sponsored” by various companies anyways. Good luck to the both of us man.