PDA

View Full Version : iPhone X

Aura
09-12-2017, 08:37 PM
iPhone has unveiled the new iPhone X (ten) and also the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus.
It most notably has no more home button (the screen takes up the entire front side), facial recognition ID, a two-hour longer battery, and wireless charging.
What do you guys think about it? It's not worth spending $1k+ in my opinion. :P
Here's an article on the features of these new phones. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Hawking
09-12-2017, 08:41 PM
$1k isn't much, honestly. I'll probably buy it.

j03
09-12-2017, 08:46 PM
I was pretty pumped for the iPhone X until I saw that there was no way to unlock your phone using your fingerprint like previous models. Can someone confirm this problem? I really don't want to take the moment to hold my phone up to my face to unlock it every time... I actually liked just using my finger. I feel like you might be projecting to everyone around you, "Hey, I'm going on my phone!".

That top part portion which is reserved for the cameras/sensors might be annoying to deal with as well. It will be annoying if it's always blocking a video or even a game...

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I do see it as a cool new gadget to have, but for the price tag and of course, replacing my current every-day phone, I don't see it happening unless there are some improvements.

Aura
09-12-2017, 08:47 PM
I was pretty pumped for the iPhone X until I saw that there was no way to unlock your phone using your fingerprint like previous models. Can someone confirm this problem? I really don't want to take the moment to hold my phone up to my face to unlock it every time... I actually liked just using my finger. I feel like you might be projecting to everyone around you, "Hey, I'm going on my phone!".

That top part portion which is reserved for the cameras/sensors might be annoying to deal with as well. It will be annoying if it's always blocking a video or even a game...

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I do see it as a cool new gadget to have, but for the price tag and of course, replacing my current every-day phone, I don't see it happening unless there are some improvements.

Yeah, I read that the fingerprint ID is removed somewhere. I don't want to see what I look like every time I go to unlock my phone, lmao

Charmander
09-12-2017, 08:53 PM
I have found iPhones a huge letdown to me from my experience. So I'll likely go with it's Samsung counterpart.

I feel like it's super gimmicky with the facial rec unlock. I'm not a fan. So with no home button how else are you supposed to get to the home screen.....?

Aura
09-12-2017, 08:54 PM
I have found iPhones a huge letdown to me from my experience. So I'll likely go with it's Samsung counterpart.

I feel like it's super gimmicky with the facial rec unlock. I'm not a fan. So with no home button how else are you supposed to get to the home screen.....?

You swipe up at the bottom of the screen, I think. I prefer the button there myself lol

j03
09-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Let's not forget the iPhone 8/+ though. Might be a viable option for some.

I_royalty_I
09-13-2017, 01:40 PM
The iPhone x isn't the end all be all. They developed it for virtual reality and I don't think that technology has really taken off. I see the iPhone x as a "look what we can do" sort of thing and not something that's really practical. I hate the facial recognition software. Apparently it can sense when you're looking at it and shut off or stay on. I like unlocking my phone with the passcode.. or fingerprint when I'm busy. Having to look at my phone or have it determine when I'm paying attention is unnecessary.

With that said, I'm going to be preordering the 256gig iPhone 8 on Friday. It a much more practical option. It's still got most of the features of the iPhone x as well - longer battery, better processor, amazing camera specs, splash proof, wireless charge, etc.

The only reason you'd go with the iPhone x over the iPhone 8 is if you were getting it just to show off to people haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aphrodite
09-14-2017, 04:10 PM
It took me two days to realize that iPhone X meant iPhone 10 :face_palm:

People had asked for group FaceTime and better battery life and Apple removes the home button.

I, personally, would not get the iPhone X because I don't have the money for it I didn't like the iPhone 7.
+ I like being able to press a home button.

Chibicat
09-14-2017, 05:48 PM
... I actually liked just using my finger...

... she said

Meowlily
09-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Can my obama phone get a free upgrade jk.

Serpent Rider
09-18-2017, 07:19 AM
I really dislike the fingerprint reading option. I don't trust customer information gathering machines with a unique identifier of my person.

bbuilder
10-20-2017, 09:37 PM
I think i'd spend the money on the pixel 2 at this point. It's got the advantages of android and the buttery smoothness of iphone

wmagicw
10-21-2017, 01:40 AM
Feel that the face recognition unlock and wireless charging is useless
First of all the face recognition thing is cool, but not convenient to use compared to fingerprint
Next, the wireless charging is not really wireless charging, you still have to put your phone on the charging device :(

Chibicat
10-21-2017, 04:30 AM
I got the 8 in gold and I love it :) (I used to have a 5 so big upgrade for me!)

wubbalubbadubdub
10-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Better camera, nicer display, faster specs, that's really good enough for me.

audreycutes
10-30-2017, 04:21 AM
I really don't like the camera positioning on the back, and the black front-facing camera bar on the front that kind of dips onto the screen. TBH I'll still end up getting it. *facepalm*

Yeri
11-24-2017, 03:52 AM
Sorry if this thread is dead but I'm picking my iPhone X up next week and I'm super excited! Partly because I dropped my S7 Edge yesterday and shattered the glass (first time ever with a broken screen, rip) but also because it took ages for the X to grow on me and now I actually think it's a nice looking phone with some cool features. I'm actually excited for Face ID as well because you have no idea how many times a day I swear at my phone for not recognising my thumb. I'm hoping it's better. �1000 is hefty but honestly most people just get a contract here and the X contracts are like �15 more than I already pay so I'm not overly bothered by that, I work and damn hard if I do say so, I've spent more on Neopets in a month haha.. [emoji56] but anyways, I for one am excited for it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wajack
12-30-2017, 01:47 PM
I don't think I could ever justify spending $1000 on a cell phone...lol