PDA

View Full Version : *~* First Annual cK Fantasy Hockey League! (2017/2018 Season)*~*

Charmander
09-04-2017, 10:09 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Welcome to the First Annual cK Fantasy Hockey League! For all of those who are fans of hockey and for even those who may not follow hockey but want to take part in a fun cK community event I thought I would create this fun event!

Similar to the cK Fantasy Football League we will be using Yahoo Fantasy Sports to host our league. Please try and stay active throughout the season to make it fun for everyone.

If you would like to take part in our league please PM me your email or post here so I can contact you and I can invite you to our league.

Sorry we are no longer taking new participants.

Draft Day

Prizes

1st Place
NP Account with 20mil NPs
Donated by: Cootiesbag

And this lovely userbar!

Mucho rep and thanks for Cath!

2nd Place

One month of Clraik VIP
Donated by: Rrachel

All Participants

All participants in this year's league will get access to this lovely userbar!

Again mucho rep and thanks for Cath!

If anyone wants to donate prizes too I am totally open to that as well.

Aura
09-04-2017, 10:18 PM
sign me the fuq up

Mama Bear
09-04-2017, 10:51 PM
I'd have even less success in this than I would the football one, because I'm guessing "the Canadians will win" is too broad. :P

Charmander
09-04-2017, 10:56 PM
I'd have even less success in this than I would the football one, because I'm guessing "the Canadians will win" is too broad. :P

I joined the Football one and I haven't followed the NFL in years. Just did it for some fun :) You're welcome to join still.

Haha there will be Canadians that win all the time. We are everywhere! :P

Chibicat
09-05-2017, 01:25 AM
Sign me up!

Charmander
09-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Sign me up!

Pm me your email and I'll send you and invite ☺

AyBeCee
09-05-2017, 07:35 PM
I'm hyped!
so do we choose people or...???
I've never participated in something like this before.

Bettser
09-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Me please! I love all this fantasy sports jazz:P

Jeongyeon
09-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Yo someone host a fantasy basketball as well please

Charmander
09-06-2017, 09:12 AM
I'm hyped!
so do we choose people or...???
I've never participated in something like this before.

On the 22nd we will hold a draft where we can choose players for our teams. Each round you get to choose one player. :)

cootiesbag
09-06-2017, 01:15 PM
I'm down!

Charmander
09-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Aura Sorbet AyBeCee Bettser blackbeard cootiesbag motherfucker Goner Tarot

So far our draft day is scheduled for September 22nd. I just want to ensure that day works best for everyone. I also want to try and find a time that mostly everyone will be online to participate in the draft. I was thinking 5pm PST. Please post here one what would work best for you or if this time is OK!

We are still looking for people to join too. We also need an even number at the end :)

motherfucker
09-07-2017, 01:33 PM
I am 10/10 going to make my team based on their looks because I have no idea about hockey.

Absinthe
09-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Count me in on this

Aska
09-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Are invites still open? I would like to join.

Charmander
09-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Are invites still open? I would like to join.

Yup invites are still open! Just PM me your email and I'll send you the invite :)

Jeongyeon
09-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Can we do 6PM PST? I literally get off work 5PM.

Charmander
09-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Can we do 6PM PST? I literally get off work 5PM.

I don't see why not if this works for everyone else too :) I hope everyone is good with a Friday night. We can change it to earlier in the week too.

Aska
09-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Could we push it to 7 pm PST or is that too late for everyone?

Charmander
09-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Could we push it to 7 pm PST or is that too late for everyone?

Sure I can change it. It seems that it should be alright.

Also Absinthe I sent you the email invite. Please join as we cannot draft with an odd number of teams in the league.

Charmander
09-17-2017, 04:48 PM
only 5 more days until our draft!
Absinthe if you are still interested please send me your email again.

If we don't have a 12th team come draft day I will make a team up that will be a random team.

Jeongyeon
09-17-2017, 07:46 PM
only 5 more days until our draft!
Absinthe if you are still interested please send me your email again.

If we don't have a 12th team come draft day I will make a team up that will be a random team.

Dont do that. If we dont have a full team, just make the league public for anyone to join a couple of days before the draft.

Charmander
09-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Dont do that. If we dont have a full team, just make the league public for anyone to join a couple of days before the draft.

Oh ok I'll do that on the 20th then.

Aska
09-18-2017, 05:46 PM
I can see if my bro wants to join if we don't fill. We used to do fantasy hockey all the time. He's solid.

Absinthe
09-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Didn't get an email just message me the league link Andrew had the same issue with football this season

Charmander
09-18-2017, 08:45 PM
So weird! Glad to see you are still joining! Sending you the link now!
Aska sounds like Absinthe is in, but thanks for checking!

Skarner
09-19-2017, 09:55 PM
Whoever has first overall pick, choose my boy Connor McDavid ezpz :P

I_royalty_I
09-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Trash Panda - I'll join in! I'd love to be champion across as many sports as possible :rolleyes:

Charmander
09-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Trash Panda - I'll join in! I'd love to be champion across as many sports as possible :rolleyes:

Hey hey! Sure I'll send you an invite! I'll PM you the link on here!

Aska with I_royalty_I joining could you see if your brother wants to join?

ALSO EVERYONE I have changed the draft time to Saturday the 23rd at 7PDT

motherfucker
09-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Userbars are almost done! Trash Panda
Participants:
Champion:
Coming Soon!!

Charmander
09-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Userbars are almost done! Trash Panda
Participants:
Champion:
Coming Soon!!

NIIIIIIIICE! Please ignore the message I JUST sent you hahaha

motherfucker
09-20-2017, 09:18 PM
NIIIIIIIICE! Please ignore the message I JUST sent you hahaha

Finished the Champion one!

Champ:

Charmander
09-21-2017, 10:00 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to motherfucker again.

You are amazing! I will send lots of rep your way when I can!

Charmander
09-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Tomorrow is draft day!!! If anyone needs practice I would suggest doing a mock draft :)

Charmander
09-23-2017, 08:51 PM
It's Draft Time Bitches!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links] y_Meme_Image.jpg

I_royalty_I
10-01-2017, 01:04 AM
Guys! When does this start up? I keep checking it because I have no idea about hockey and need to watch how it unfolds. Admittedly, I don’t even know the names of all the positions. I’ve been to two hockey games and watch it all the time with friends but don’t know much about the actual rules. I need this to get started already!!

Charmander
10-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Guys! When does this start up? I keep checking it because I have no idea about hockey and need to watch how it unfolds. Admittedly, I don’t even know the names of all the positions. I’ve been to two hockey games and watch it all the time with friends but don’t know much about the actual rules. I need this to get started already!!

Hey hey! The regular season starts tonight! Great way to learn the game by being in a pool! I am in your same situation except for me it's in our NFL pool lol

Charmander
10-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Just a reminder to update your team's daily so your player's get the most points! :D

Charmander
10-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Hey everyone! We are a few weeks in and I hope everyone is having fun with the league!

Remember you can trade players with other managers if you want! I may try and look for some trades....lol

Charmander
11-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Howdy everyone! We now have a second place prize!!! Whooo hooo!

Jeongyeon
11-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Based on the league settings... defencemen are pretty useless no?

Charmander
11-01-2017, 08:27 PM
blackbeard I�ll have to take a peak when I am in my computer. I�ll see to if I can add some more emphasis to them.

Jeongyeon
11-01-2017, 09:35 PM
blackbeard I’ll have to take a peak when I am in my computer. I’ll see to if I can add some more emphasis to them.

Nah you cant change league settings after the league has already started :P

I noticed it during draft and thats why i didnt draft any defenceman at all :P
Everything except for PIM is geared towards offensive players I think...

Charmander
11-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Nah you cant change league settings after the league has already started :P

I noticed it during draft and thats why i didnt draft any defenceman at all :P
Everything except for PIM is geared towards offensive players I think...

Yeah I just saw that. Honestly, it is still worth while having defensemen as the will still get points. Not as many as C, LA and RW but still they can still get G, A, PIM, PPG, PPP, It still gives you 4 players a night that can still get you points since you are limited to how many C, LW and RW you can have active a night. It just depends on what defensemen you have on how well that will go for you. But I wouldn't say that they are useless. Hope that helps!

Jeongyeon
11-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Yeah I just saw that. Honestly, it is still worth while having defensemen as the will still get points. Not as many as C, LA and RW but still they can still get G, A, PIM, PPG, PPP, It still gives you 4 players a night that can still get you points since you are limited to how many C, LW and RW you can have active a night. It just depends on what defensemen you have on how well that will go for you. But I wouldn't say that they are useless. Hope that helps!

Nahh... there are only a handful of good scoring defencemen out there. There are many that even hurts you team when they provide you with a negative plus/minus.
Id rather fill my roster each week with an average forward over an average defenceman all day. Just my opinion

Charmander
11-01-2017, 11:16 PM
That’s the great part about the fantasy pools though. Everyone has their own strategy and you get to see how it works out each week :)

Aska
11-03-2017, 04:10 PM
My golden ticket is killing me in stats, now he's hurt. I seemed to have drafted injury prone players this season around. :P

Charmander
11-03-2017, 05:19 PM
My golden ticket is killing me in stats, now he's hurt. I seemed to have drafted injury prone players this season around. :P

Same with me I should have draft Crosby instead of McJesus :( He's doing alright but the rest of the team....uhg

justinwhite660
12-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Good luck in the playoffs!

Raichuu
12-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Damn, wish I would have seen this earlier! ene
Good luck everyone!

Charmander
01-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Hey hey everyone! It's the half way point of the season! I hope everyone is still enjoying the league!!!

Sci_Girl
01-21-2018, 01:40 AM
Here come the O�lers! Lawl lawl lawl.

Better luck next time. Idiots.

Charmander
02-20-2018, 09:19 PM
Hey everyone!

Just a few more weeks until playoffs. Playoffs start in Week 21 (we are currently in week 19)! The top 6 teams will progress to playoffs so good luck in the last few weeks of regular season play!

Bettser
02-21-2018, 06:27 AM
Closing down this event until Trash Panda gives me a good reason why rules are being changed two weeks before playoffs, and theres dropping of some of the top players randomly from teams....... :/

To reiterate what needs to be done:
1) "Pouloit Method (Steph) Playoffs changed from 'Week 21, 22 and 23 (6 teams)' to 'Week 22, 23 and 24 (8 teams)'

7 hours ago"

Please change it back to 6 teams. I know Trash Panda is in 8th place...... but changing the rules in your favor TWO WEEKS before playoffs to be in YOUR OWN favor is ridiculous.

2) I'm not sure what sort of deal you and the user "prepara tu ano" have going on but there is NO REASON for "prepara tu ano" to be dropping their players considering they won't even be in playoffs. Those drops should be reversed immediately.

--Edit-- Nevermind its just you being completely dodgy. Put those players back on "prepara tu ano"'s team today or the event is done 100%

Nathan MacKinnon Col - C
Dropped ( by Commissioner ) To Waivers

Vladimir Tarasenko StL - RW
Dropped ( by Commissioner ) To Waivers

Just want everyone in the league to be aware of what the owner is doing^^ Aura Sorbet AyBeCee Bettser blackbeard cootiesbag motherfucker Goner Tarot Aska Absinthe I_royalty_I

And to make sure cootiesbag and Pusheen don't give their prizes in until this is sorted out.

LASTLY, can "prepara tu ano" please mail me.

Tarot
02-21-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't know if I'm allowed to reply to this, but "prepara tu ano" is Aura and she allowed Steph to remove players from her team offsite.

ETA am not saying it isn't shady, or that it is fair because it's not, just lettin ya know
(i cant type lol)

Aska
02-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Since my brother does not have an account here, I am going to speak on behalf of him because he is in the top six (Destroyer of Worlds).

He also agrees that it's shady and not fair since he built his team legit. Make trades to make it into the playoffs instead of removing players off of lists.

Aura
02-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Bettser
prepara tu ano is indeed me, and I did tell steph she could trade my players if she wanted to because she mentioned it. I kinda forgot about this event and wasn't really involved, so I didn't mind. that being said, she can return them to me to make it fair, because now that I see this, I can definitely agree that it wouldn't be fair for everyone else. :P
feel free to PM me if you still want to though :)

motherfucker
02-21-2018, 01:11 PM
If we're adjusting how many teams make playoffs, it would be lovely to include all 14..... (JK)
My team sucks so much ass, I cannot even handle it.

Jeongyeon
02-21-2018, 04:43 PM
Bettser
prepara tu ano is indeed me, and I did tell steph she could trade my players if she wanted to because she mentioned it. I kinda forgot about this event and wasn't really involved, so I didn't mind. that being said, she can return them to me to make it fair, because now that I see this, I can definitely agree that it wouldn't be fair for everyone else. :P
feel free to PM me if you still want to though :)

Last League Activity: Wed Oct 11 8:07am PDT

You havent been active for 4 months. Inactive members shouldnt be trading players to active accounts anyways since it affects competitive balance of the league. (This is "Moves Like Jagr" by the way)

Aura
02-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Last League Activity: Wed Oct 11 8:07am PDT

You havent been active for 4 months. Inactive members shouldnt be trading players to active accounts anyways since it affects competitive balance of the league. (This is "Moves Like Jagr" by the way)
yes, I agree. I didn't think about it when she asked me, but now I can definitely see that being unfair.

I_royalty_I
02-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Having run like 4-5 years worth of fantasy football leagues I can confirm that making these sorts of changes this late in the season is definitely a no-go. There are certain exceptions if it adds to the fairness, but removing and picking up good players going into the finals and changing the amount of teams who get into the playoffs is unfair and hurts the competitiveness of a league. If you don�t make playoffs, there�s always next year. If somebody else is so far out of the playoffs, then it�s definitelt frowned upon to take their players in such a manner. Ideally, the original rules should be restored and players put back onto their respective teams.

Bettser
02-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the input guys, and Aura, can you pick those guys back up?
Trash Panda waiting on your reply...

This honestly puts such a damper on the league for me. I was so into this, and the top 6 teams really put a lot into it. This week was especially great because the top 4 teams were all playing each other too. smh.

Charmander
02-21-2018, 11:49 PM
Sorry I just came on. I will go ahead and change everything back.

Jess couldn�t remember her log in to do a trade but yeah I see where you are coming from. I can reverse it.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Everything is reversed,

I just discovered I could extend when playoffs was. I thought by giving a few weeks extra would allow more active team such as Aska and Taylit so get into playoffs as well and hopefully in the end it would be all active players in playoffs as there are I think 1-2 inactive teams in this playoff apots right now.

I have reversed everything and it should not have impacted this weeks took 4 matchups which someone was talking about.

Sorry for the ruffling of feathers and good luck to everyone in the remaining weeks.

If these are any further concerns please PM me.

Bettser
02-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Sorry I just came on. I will go ahead and change everything back.

Jess couldn’t remember her log in to do a trade but yeah I see where you are coming from. I can reverse it.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Everything is reversed,

I just discovered I could extend when playoffs was. I thought by giving a few weeks extra would allow more active team such as Aska and Taylit so get into playoffs as well and hopefully in the end it would be all active players in playoffs as there are I think 1-2 inactive teams in this playoff apots right now.

I have reversed everything and it should not have impacted this weeks took 4 matchups which someone was talking about.

Sorry for the ruffling of feathers and good luck to everyone in the remaining weeks.

If these are any further concerns please PM me.

The extension was to give yourself a chance of making playoffs. Don't put it on them lol....

You literally dropped a center and another useless player, took two of the best players in the league off an inactive team (including a center to replace yours) and claim it was all done to give others a chance? We're not idiots.

Thank you for reversing everything but you're literally the dodgiest person on the forums IMO.

PS, DJ's Notable Team has had a IR player playing for awhile and aska is not regularly changing her line-up just to further iterate the changing of playoffs was solely to benefit yourself.

DrSloth
02-22-2018, 02:11 PM
wait, can i still join to this? i'd love to

j03
02-22-2018, 02:32 PM

No, NHL season is nearing it's end...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motherfucker
02-22-2018, 03:28 PM

TBH you can have my team haha. JK.
14th place FTW <3

DrSloth
02-22-2018, 03:37 PM
TBH you can have my team haha. JK.
14th place FTW <3

i really wanted the userbar, maybe next one i'll join xD

motherfucker
02-22-2018, 03:38 PM
i really wanted the userbar, maybe next one i'll join xD

Haha thanks ;)
Those are the first ones I've ever made!

DrSloth
02-22-2018, 03:40 PM
Haha thanks ;)
Those are the first ones I've ever made!

it looks amazing, well done and always nice to see the events we have here, i remember de 2015 battledome that was really fun too

Jeongyeon
03-18-2018, 08:36 PM
I' m ready for the finals.

Moves Like Jagr (me) vs. Destroyer of Worlds (I believe a non-ck member).

Lets go!

Aska
03-20-2018, 06:54 PM
I' m ready for the finals.

Moves Like Jagr (me) vs. Destroyer of Worlds (I believe a non-ck member).

Lets go!

That'd be my bro haha.

Charmander
03-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Aska does your brother play Neo or would join cK? Jut wondering prize wise on what we could do.. I am open to suggestions.

Looks like it will be a nice tight final!

Aska
03-21-2018, 06:34 PM
He says it's for dumb nerds, so no lol.

Charmander
03-21-2018, 07:04 PM
Bahahaha ok well I guess we will see what the finals bring and maybe thirds place will be getting his prize lol

Jeongyeon
03-25-2018, 11:24 PM
Fell short this year. A little disappointed with silver. My team decided to under perform when it matter most haha.

Good year everyone. Hopefully we get more active participants next year. We had like 4 maybe 5 who are really active throughout the year.

Charmander
03-25-2018, 11:50 PM

Alright so since a non- cK member won this year sadly no one gets the champion unserbar but I will message Joe about getting the participant user to everyone.

Enjoy the off season and see you again this fall!

Charmander
04-03-2018, 07:10 AM
Previous post was updated to announce our third place winner! Also Joe is working on handing out the user bars as well :)

Charmander
04-03-2018, 07:54 PM

chelleblueberry
04-14-2018, 12:41 PM
Um hello... you people are, like, my fucking people! You guys like hockey?!?! And have a fucking fantasy league?!?!!! *dies*

Chibicat
04-26-2018, 08:15 PM
Previous post was updated to announce our third place winner! Also Joe is working on handing out the user bars as well :)

Did the userbars get handed out already? Or still in design phase?

Charmander
06-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Aura Sorbet AyBeCee Bettser blackbeard cootiesbag motherfucker Goner Tarot Aska Absinthe I_royalty_I Trash Panda

Hey hey everyone! New userbars are here and should be coming out soon! Sorry for the massive delay and mix up!

Huge thanks to Cath for the anazing work.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

The first userbars did not get final approval. So I had to look for someone new to commission new ones and they are now in Joe’s hands to hand out. :)

Jeongyeon
06-29-2018, 06:16 PM
Aura Sorbet AyBeCee Bettser blackbeard cootiesbag motherfucker Goner Tarot Aska Absinthe I_royalty_I Trash Panda

Hey hey everyone! New userbars are here and should be coming out soon! Sorry for the massive delay and mix up!

Huge thanks to Cath for the anazing work.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

The first userbars did not get final approval. So I had to look for someone new to commission new ones and they are now in Joe’s hands to hand out. :)

No preview? :P Anyways thanks.

Edit: Just saw first post. Kickass UB.

Jeongyeon
07-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Thanks Joe for the UB update. It looks great

chelleblueberry
08-06-2018, 02:28 PM
is this possibly, happening again this year? and would I be able to join?

Jeongyeon
08-06-2018, 04:14 PM
is this possibly, happening again this year? and would I be able to join?

Title implies it will happen every year.