PDA

View Full Version : Python immediately closes when I try using it (Windows 10)

butternut
09-01-2017, 04:19 PM
I've ran it on a different computer, i dont know if it was me that did something wrong or if it's windows 10. Haha

Accelerator
09-01-2017, 05:01 PM
I've ran it on a different computer, i dont know if it was me that did something wrong or if it's windows 10. Haha

It's not the OS/Win10, you're probably just double clicking the python script...
If you don't want it to automatically close and be able to troubleshoot it hit WinKey+R -> cmd -> Enter
And then drag and drop the python script (.py file) to the cmd (command prompt) window.
you might need to change the directory to the path the script's in.

j03
09-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Try re-installing Python.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butternut
09-02-2017, 04:10 PM
I'll just erase everything and try reinstalling it first, then i'll update you guys. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

C:\Users\User>C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\client.p y
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\client.p y", line 22, in <module>
accFile = open("account.txt", 'r')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'account.txt'

Im lost haha

I reinstalled and it continued to shut out and then this is what I see when I drop the file in CMD

Accelerator
09-02-2017, 04:14 PM
I'll just erase everything and try reinstalling it first, then i'll update you guys. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

C:\Users\User>C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\client.p y
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\client.p y", line 22, in <module>
accFile = open("account.txt", 'r')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'account.txt'

Im lost haha

I reinstalled and it continued to shut out and then this is what I see when I drop the file in CMD

Try entering this command first

cd "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQu ester"
Then just type:

client.py
and hit enter

butternut
09-02-2017, 04:15 PM
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\client.p y", line 52, in <module>
login_return = acc.login()
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\classes\ NeoAccount.py", line 81, in login
res = self.get('/index.phtml')
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\classes\ NeoAccount.py", line 50, in get
res = self.opener.open(url)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 429, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 447, in _open
'_open', req)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1228, in [Only registered and activated users can see links]
return self.do_open([Only registered and activated users can see links] req)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1167, in do_open
h = [Only registered and activated users can see links](host, timeout=req.timeout, **[Only registered and activated users can see links])
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 736, in __init__
(self.host, self.port) = self._get_hostport(host, port)
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 777, in _get_hostport
raise InvalidURL("nonnumeric port: '%s'" % host[i+1:])
[Only registered and activated users can see links] nonnumeric port: 'port'

Accelerator
09-02-2017, 04:19 PM
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\client.p y", line 52, in <module>
login_return = acc.login()
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\classes\ NeoAccount.py", line 81, in login
res = self.get('/index.phtml')
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Programs\NeoQuester\classes\ NeoAccount.py", line 50, in get
res = self.opener.open(url)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 429, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 447, in _open
'_open', req)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1228, in [Only registered and activated users can see links]
return self.do_open([Only registered and activated users can see links] req)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1167, in do_open
h = [Only registered and activated users can see links](host, timeout=req.timeout, **[Only registered and activated users can see links])
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 736, in __init__
(self.host, self.port) = self._get_hostport(host, port)
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 777, in _get_hostport
raise InvalidURL("nonnumeric port: '%s'" % host[i+1:])
[Only registered and activated users can see links] nonnumeric port: 'port'

Looks like you're using a proxy and it's refusing (or timing out when it attempts) to connect to neo.
Either that or you made a mistake when editing the files you're supposed to edit..
I'm leaning more towards the second.

butternut
09-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Do you think maybe I have a firewall setting somewhere refusing to let it connect?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Wow. I had an extra :port in there

hahahaha
you guys gotta hate people like me sometimes

Accelerator
09-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Do you think maybe I have a firewall setting somewhere refusing to let it connect?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Wow. I had an extra :port in there

hahahaha
you guys gotta hate people like me sometimes

This is basically what my job IRL is about :P
And I hate everyone equally <3 (?)

butternut
09-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Well I appreciate you kind sir! +rep for you!