PDA

View Full Version : Intersite Trading

Komari
08-06-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm making a list of what's permitted in terms of intersite trading for my Neopets/FR guide and I'm not sure I know all of the options, so if any of you have input, that would be great.

Accepted: USD (or conversion through PayPal--this may be for art only), FurCash (FurVilla), C$ (Chickensmoothie), nuggets/gems (Mycena Cave), gold paws (Aywas), deviantArt points (may be for art only)

Banned: {name of the site + * = no intersite trading} Neopets*, credits/gold pok�/zophan canisters (FR says that Pokefarm Q is a copyright violation, PFQ says they're under fair use), Subeta*, Lioden*, Gaia Online*, Howrse*, Marapets*, Arillio*, Bunny Kingdom*, Cyska Siberians*, Draconis Theory*, Dragons of Atlantis (Kabam)*, DragCave*, Dragonfable*, Edgeworld (Kabam)*, Egg Cave*, Equiverse*, Final Eden (Kabam), Foopets*, Habbo*, Horse Eden*, Horse Isle I/II*, Horse Phenomena*, Horseland*, Kingdoms of Camelot (Kabam)*, Kingdom of Knuffel*, League of Legends (Riot Games)*, Magistream*, MyDreamStable*, MyStable*, Ourworld*, Paladore*, Power Pets*, Rescreatu*, Roblox*, Runescape*, Second Life*, The Godfather (Kabam)*, Thirst of Night (Kabam)*, Transformice*, Verpets*, Vis Servo*, Webkinz*, Wizard 101*, WolfPlay*, World of Warcraft (possibly all Blizzard games)*, Zantarni*

Unsure: LP (Leopets -- reopened, but wiped and started over), potatoes/turnips (Dappervolk -- may just need to get out of beta), shards/gems (Tattered Weave), coins (Club Penguin), mesos (Maplestory), Animal Jam (probably yes, but not 100% sure), any of the others

graciea
08-06-2017, 11:25 AM
I know Aywas and Chickensmoothie are accepted, and Dappervolk should be once they launch because their FAQ says they allow intersite trading.

Subeta has a rule against intersite trading however - I know some people who put up trading threads and got warned for them.

FR stuff can also be traded for dA closed species; higher tier stuff like Grems can even get you an Imperial scroll.

Irohh
08-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Afaik you can't trade Lioden/Subeta/Gaiaonline, but you can with Dappervolk once it's out of beta (I think Flight Rising only lets trading happen with sites that aren't in alpha/beta, happened with Furvilla)

Don't get why USD is in the allowed section though?

This is a pretty good guide on off-site trading, but not sure about accuracy -
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Komari
08-06-2017, 03:47 PM
graciea I had CS already up there as "C$" (I just added a note to it)--I see people advertising CS stuff a lot, so I was pretty sure that was a go. Forgetting about Aywas is exactly why I made this thread! Subeta has been moved to banned.

"dA closed species"? To me, dA = deviantArt, so I need a little help on that one. :)

+++++

Platinum I've seen people ask for USD for art...maybe I should put a note for that.

As for the CS list, bless those who wrote and thank you for sharing it!

(P.S.: I knew people liked horses, but holy crap!)

graciea
08-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Komari

Yes, deviantArt! Closed species are also super popular on toyhouse too. It's when an artist creates their own original species - 'closed' means people can only obtain them from official designers designated by the creator.

Higher tier closed species/really popular ones like Minkins and Grems are easily $1000+ USD per design. There's a handful of people trading FR stuff for them, including Imperial scrolls, and there's someone on the FR forums right now willing to trade their XYY G1 Imperial for a Grem. FR allows it!

Komari
08-06-2017, 07:21 PM
@graciea ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) Holy moly! Never heard of such a thing in my two years on the site. =O

I actually put dA up after my last reply because I remembered seeing some people ask for points for art before, so we're set there. That's crazy about the closed species...now I'm going to go tell my best FR friend!

Irohh
08-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Makes sense, I don't really get the closed species thing though :P they're pretty overpriced.
About Animal Jam, I think that was just banned by Chicken Smoothie because of the sheer amount of scams going on, I've done AJ trades with no problem on FR? I'm not 100% about this though so don't take my word for it lol

Komari
08-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Just to be safe, I moved AJ into unsure with the tag "probably yes, but not 100% sure".

Irohh
08-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah, I think TinierMe is closed for good now.

Komari
08-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Thanks for that! It's fixed now.

Slow going as there are so many sections and I'm adding a picture for each one...

...and now I'm temporarily distracted with my piece for dA's 17th birthday. :P

Bowsette
08-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Is Leopets still closed? :/

Komari
08-08-2017, 07:27 PM
I poked around and saw stuff about being closed--I don't remember what Pet Simmer Julie said, though.

(*watches part of the video*)

Okay, Leopets purged EVERYTHING and reopened for applications a week ago, but I didn't realize it was super exclusive? And that it was based on Neopets? So I question whether they'd have IsT if they are that insular.

I would think with new management, whatever was previously known about the site is inapplicable for the time being.