PDA

View Full Version : Stealth core unable to find items for quests. But there is plenty on SW when I search it myself.

BlingBlah
08-01-2017, 03:36 AM
Is anyone else having this issue? Mostly with Brain Tree and Edna quests. It cannot find very common, very cheap items, and then the bot abandons the quest.

Very annoying with Brain Tree as well since it doesn't show you the answers, so even if you were to complete the second quest yourself, you will never know the answer for the first.

j03
08-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Is anyone else having this issue? Mostly with Brain Tree and Edna quests. It cannot find very common, very cheap items, and then the bot abandons the quest.

Very annoying with Brain Tree as well since it doesn't show you the answers, so even if you were to complete the second quest yourself, you will never know the answer for the first.

I've never had this issue while running for both Brain Tree and Edna for almost a year... Could your inventory be full? NP on hand not enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stocking Anarchy
08-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Depends on how many times you have set for it to search the shop wizard. If its set to only search say, three times then its possible it won't find the item in the first three searches if there isn't a shit ton of people that have the item stocked in their shop. For the regular shop wizard when you search items are displayed in batches of usernames that start with certain letters like say I S R so if no one with those usernames has the item in their shop and the shop wiz pops up its three searches from the same batch then it'll stop after the number of searches set.

If you go into the auto-questers section of the settings tabs you can increase the number of times the shop wiz tries to find an item before giving up. If you increase this I recommend doing brain tree quests before anything else that would need a shop wiz search that way you don't mistakenly get wiz banned in the middle of a brain tree quest.

BlingBlah
08-02-2017, 06:15 AM
I've never had this issue while running for both Brain Tree and Edna for almost a year... Could your inventory be full? NP on hand not enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always got ~500k on hand and my inventory is never over 10. Will try upping the number of times to search and see if there is a difference.

Depends on how many times you have set for it to search the shop wizard. If its set to only search say, three times then its possible it won't find the item in the first three searches if there isn't a shit ton of people that have the item stocked in their shop. For the regular shop wizard when you search items are displayed in batches of usernames that start with certain letters like say I S R so if no one with those usernames has the item in their shop and the shop wiz pops up its three searches from the same batch then it'll stop after the number of searches set.

If you go into the auto-questers section of the settings tabs you can increase the number of times the shop wiz tries to find an item before giving up. If you increase this I recommend doing brain tree quests before anything else that would need a shop wiz search that way you don't mistakenly get wiz banned in the middle of a brain tree quest.

It's set to search 3 times, but I will up the amount and give it another try. I've never been SW banned (never use it enough to get close).

Thanks! Will post if it solves it :)

EDIT: Just ran it in debug mode, and it looks like it is due to the username batches in SW. I set them both to 5 searches, first three resulted in no results, 4th had ~20 shops, 5th returned no results either. Other than upping the number of searches, is there any way to remedy this happening? Because upping the number isn't a sure fire way that it will work.

EDIT #2: I've also noticed that if you cannot complete a quest for Edna and let the time expire, the bot the next day it will get to the "AARGHH! - My spell has been ruined. Please leave. I MAY consider asking you for help again, but do not count on it. *cackle*" page and the program see it as there being no more quests to do, and skips over the task.

j03
08-02-2017, 05:27 PM
I've always got ~500k on hand and my inventory is never over 10. Will try upping the number of times to search and see if there is a difference.

It's set to search 3 times, but I will up the amount and give it another try. I've never been SW banned (never use it enough to get close).

Thanks! Will post if it solves it :)

EDIT: Just ran it in debug mode, and it looks like it is due to the username batches in SW. I set them both to 5 searches, first three resulted in no results, 4th had ~20 shops, 5th returned no results either. Other than upping the number of searches, is there any way to remedy this happening? Because upping the number isn't a sure fire way that it will work.

EDIT #2: I've also noticed that if you cannot complete a quest for Edna and let the time expire, the bot the next day it will get to the "AARGHH! - My spell has been ruined. Please leave. I MAY consider asking you for help again, but do not count on it. *cackle*" page and the program see it as there being no more quests to do, and skips over the task.

So it only found results in one of the 5 searches? If so, it bought from that result it found, right?

I can fix that issue with Edna/other quests.

BlingBlah
08-03-2017, 03:39 AM
So it only found results in one of the 5 searches? If so, it bought from that result it found, right?

I can fix that issue with Edna/other quests.

Yep :) Found once, and purchased from the one result that it found :)