PDA

View Full Version : If You had the chance to go back to school ....

utahclock
03-14-2012, 12:59 PM
what would you do differenet ? what would you study ? would you try to improve your old grades ? or would you continue the way thing went ?

Me I would try to have done better at school, by turning in my homework on time and such. raise those grades from C's to Bs and As

J_L_K_64
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
do you mean go back to school in your own past? or go back staying the age you are now?

because......... not that many people here are even out of school to begin with....................

utahclock
03-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Go back in the past. or go back as in the present :) its up to you to interput the question.

Sci_Girl
03-14-2012, 01:13 PM
If I had to go back to high school I would have studied more to have higher grades and apply for a lot more scholarships. Get as much free money as you can get for good grades because it will help you out tremendously.

Slasher
03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm currently at school. I'm trying to make efforts to have good grades to not regretting not being able to chose a job I want.

SmileYaDead
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
I would probably focus more on studying, since I rarely even did my homework in the last grade of high school. My grades were fine, but I was capable of much more. Still am while in college, but yeah, it goes as it goes.

Nath
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
If I had to go back to school I'd cry......

Emiley
03-14-2012, 05:14 PM
If I was an adult and had the chance to go back to school WHEN I ALREADY GRADUATED, I wouldn't go back. Not even to improve my grades. School is just like prison in my opinion lol and your forced to do things that you don't wanna do.
I'm happy I only have 4 years (Not including this current year since its almost over) of school left, then I MIGHT go to college.

Chookity
03-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah...you couldn't pay me enough money to go back to high school. I'm doing uni now and hating every day of it. I just don't like studying, being tested, etc. I prefer to work full time. It's just less stressful.

Ana
03-14-2012, 08:00 PM
If I went back to senior year, I would have applied for more scholarships. It would help so much with tuition right now

ickybodclay
03-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Probably would've finished public high school since I went back and got my equivalent online anyways.. possibly go to college as well; didn't know college was fun until my little brother went and I got to visit his dorm. lol. Oh well.

Chelle
03-14-2012, 09:29 PM
I love learning... I have my PhD in Chemistry. I'm actually debating going back to become a DVM. Soo yeah. Nothing I'd do differently, I got good grades, made great friends, and had lots of fun.

Kristin
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
There is no way in hell I'd go back to high school.
Still in college, but if I had to do it again I'd take less classes and get better grades instead of lots of classes with ok grades.

utahclock
03-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I love learning... I have my PhD in Chemistry. I'm actually debating going back to become a DVM. Soo yeah. Nothing I'd do differently, I got good grades, made great friends, and had lots of fun.

Very nice! Im assuming DVM = Doctor Vet Medicine ?

Kiminess
03-19-2012, 07:04 PM
If I could redo my school, I probably would. I was too involved in my gaming to do my homework, so I got horrible grades and had to get a GED certificate. Not to mention I left school my senior year to go back into homeschooling, and ended up not going back due to my dad's death. Since I can't do that, I'll just make sure I do well in my college classes.

Ronith
03-19-2012, 07:11 PM
I decided to stay for another year of highschool. So, this marks my 5th year.

Do I regret it? Hell no. I probably would not be able to go to the University I applied for if it were not for my 5th year marks. I bet I hate school more than anyone here. I actually skipped 89 days of school last year. It wasn't because of anyone, but because I hated math, science and english so much. Oh, and accounting too. However, at the tail-end of the school year...I realized that getting subpar marks wouldn't suffice. I thought long and hard for what I want to do in life, and decided college isn't for me. University is. And to achieve my goal, I had to stay for another year to boost my marks significantly..

I didn't want to regret it later on...

Just my 2 cents.

I really hope I get in...If not...I'll be crushed.

utahclock
03-19-2012, 07:32 PM
How in the hell do you get a 5th year of Highschool ?

Ronith
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
How in the hell do you get a 5th year of Highschool ?

You ask...o.O

utahclock
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes because that is not common where I am from. Im not sure they even offer it. unless you like flunk a year.

aca
03-19-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't get why anybody would want to go back to high school.

Monkeytoast
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I didn't mind high school. But if I were to work harder at grade 12 math, and my average were to go up, it would have made a difference I think

Babybumble
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
schooling is definitely better thans working :)

Sci_Girl
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
I actually skipped 89 days of school last year. It wasn't because of anyone, but because I hated math, science and english so much. Oh, and accounting too. However, at the tail-end of the school year...I realized that getting subpar marks wouldn't suffice. I thought long and hard for what I want to do in life, and decided college isn't for me. University is. And to achieve my goal, I had to stay for another year to boost my marks significantly..

ehh...just throwing this out there if you hated the amount of work involved with high school you will be quite in shock once University hits. This is especially the case if you have classes with lab components. Have that can-do attitude like you have right now so that you are ready for the workload because it will not be light.

UFFH
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't go back.
I still have the chance to go back, and I wouldn't.
Dropping out was the best choice I've ever made, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have done anything with my life.

Cara
03-20-2012, 11:10 AM
If I could, i'd go back and try to focus more.
I even remember in grade 1 I had a hard time paying attention,
id always doodle and stare at things lol.
I never graduated yet, so to anyone still in school..
PAY ATTENTION OR YOULL END UP LIKE ME 0:-3

SmokeToke
03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm going back to school in Sept.
:)

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I wouldn't go back.
I still have the chance to go back, and I wouldn't.
Dropping out was the best choice I've ever made, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have done anything with my life.

No affence to your comment, but how old are you? And if you are young, You still have a whole life ahead of you.
My father had grade 6 and was a taxi driver his whole life. Making maybe 1000 a month. Now, go to school, get your education, and you can be making millions a year if your smart enough. Your opinion is your opinion, but honest, it's not a good one. Education is the most important thing IN LIFE, besides fam, etc. So really, if anyone read this & has not finished school yet (like me) GO BACK, (like i am) ;)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

If I could redo my school, I probably would. I was too involved in my gaming to do my homework, so I got horrible grades and had to get a GED certificate. Not to mention I left school my senior year to go back into homeschooling, and ended up not going back due to my dad's death. Since I can't do that, I'll just make sure I do well in my college classes.

My father passed away when I was 16, about a year and a half ago now. I quit school too, I had to help care for him. It's tough, But as long as your willing to go back, you've made the greatest decision ever. :)

Gir
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
If I could go back to high school I would've taken all AP courses, rather than just the 3 that I took. By doing so I would've stayed with my friends, and not the losers I had to deal with in the normal classes. None of them had respect for anything. Also, I wouldn't have had to pay for as many classes at my university if I had just passed those.

Danny
03-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Still in school, wouldn't change a thing despite failing a few classes in the past.
Just letting things go in their own direction.