PDA

View Full Version : AIM is is dead... sort of....

300nukez
03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Its a sign of the times guys aim is no longer making updates
Kids today are connected with facebook back then it was aim
hopefully the 90's kids will keep it alive as updates to it seem to have stopped
Download it before its gone? > [Only registered and activated users can see links]

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
For anyone inside the generation for which AOL was synonymous with the internet, and AIM was prerequisite to any social life at all, some pretty sad news: AOL just sacked its IM team. The old king of chat is paraplegic.

The NYT's Nick Bilton reports the mass canning:

The AOL Instant Messenger group took the deepest cut so far. A former AOL employee said the group was "eviscerated and now only consists of support staff." This person, who asked not to be named because they were not allowed to speak publicly about the company, added that "nearly all of the West Coast tech team has been killed."

Support staff only means no more developers. No more developers means no more new software. No more new software means AIM stops growing and changing forever, frozen on the decline

utahclock
03-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Ouch I remember AIM. ah the good ole days...

Masterplayer44
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I still have AIM! none of my friends ever use it anymore, but I still sign on from time to time. :)

Cara
03-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Lol oh god.. I dont even know what AIM is xD

kooldude888
03-14-2012, 07:31 PM
i still have mine from when i was a kid too :D but nobodys ever on haha

Solgaleo
03-14-2012, 08:42 PM
All of my friends use AIM. We're from that generation so it's what we know :P

Jauris
03-14-2012, 11:18 PM
It's a shame to see it go, but I was never much of a fan anyways. I mostly use skype now.