PDA

View Full Version : "Mentions".

Gbm
12-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I wasn't on HB for very long, so I'm not sure if it was on there. It probably was since a lot of forums have this already. Soooo those that know what it is already can just tl;dr the shit below.(and even this paragraph)

The suggestion I call 'mentions' is just something simple but really helpful. A good example of it being used is on Facebook, with tagging someone in a picture. I would just say 'Me & Ben' and his name would be highlighted and a notification would be sent to him so he knows someone mentioned him somewhere.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

If I'm selling things or even buying things, instead of having to go through PMs/VMs/MSN/ect I could just post on selling/buying thread, which would bump the thread up, and notify the buyer/seller they haven't given me anything yet or I could mention a specific person who would be interested in the thread.

Also, if this idea is considered, I also noticed that one person who implemented the idea also added how many times that person was mentioned in posts, it was put under the persons user information every time they posted. It isn't really needed but it's just a thought.

If you didn't get any of what I said/things weren't explained properly then visit this thread:

My guess is DLing what is shown ^ there will also implement what I mentioned about it mentions showing under your gender/posts, and everything else that's needed.

Basically, if you want to avoid reading this poorly written-out, detailed, post then read that thread I linked.

Kristin
12-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh! Like the ping system on subeta? I really liked that. It's a good/easy way to get someone's attention.

Meercat
12-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I also like this idea, seems a simple and very handy way to alert somebody (:

Ashleys165
12-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I like that idea, it would be nice to know who talks about you.

Steve
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM
*Supports this*

Ben
12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I second approve of this. We had it CR :)

GTO
12-24-2011, 12:15 AM
@Gbm I think this would be really cool!

Cassie
12-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Good idea:) I hope someone makes it happen, I would love to in a way "tag" people in my posts.

DarkAngel
12-25-2011, 03:59 AM
I love this kind of ideas

Innovative ones are the law :3

Gbm
01-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Any idea if this will ever be considered at all, Admins?

Harry Potter
01-02-2012, 10:27 PM
This looks neat, i will....mention it to joe muahah. Okay enough corny lame jokes.

j03
01-02-2012, 11:05 PM
If Ben can get me the files as my vbulletin account is not validating itself, I can add it. :)

Tay
01-02-2012, 11:07 PM
I was JUST thinking about this today! :) I would love to see this on our forums.

Ben
01-02-2012, 11:49 PM
OH. Yeah. I'll find it Joe.