PDA

View Full Version : FR Update to Account Bannings & Suspensions

Lapis
02-13-2017, 01:20 PM
FR has recently rolled out updated rules here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) regarding the use of scripts, bots, etc.
Players found using extensions & scripts have been suspended so far. (ex. Familiar Bonding ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and Stylish ([Only registered and activated users can see links])) Luckily the suspensions only seem to be a few days long, but continued use of the extensions/scripts may lead to a permanent ban. Please take caution if you use any of these.

PrettySarcastic
02-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Riddle me this, professional coding people.

How does FR know if I'm using a script like Stylish that only highlights items? Can they see that? =O

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

|2eap
02-13-2017, 05:31 PM
Riddle me this, professional coding people.

How does FR know if I'm using a script like Stylish that only highlights items? Can they see that? =O

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Sure they can depending on what they are tracking. You can track everything when a visitor is in your domain

kittyray
02-13-2017, 11:09 PM
I can get so worked up about some of the browser extension nonsense because they don't really have a clear line when it comes to "change the appearance". Like... I could see how the item highlighter could be an "unfair advantage", but it could also just help a lot for people who are shit at memorizing these things and find it a hassle to click back and forth, et cetera. And, like, I took my sleep aid already so I'm gonna shut up before I go off on a tangent about accessibility.