PDA

View Full Version : [Java] Ghoul Catchers Bot

shiftasterisk
12-28-2016, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, so I saw that the ghoul catchers bot on here wasn't being supported anymore and some people were having issues so hopefully this can serve as a replacement

The code is based off of a bejeweled blitz bot (same thing right? :P)

I'm hoping it will work out of the box for most people but there are options that can be tweaked if it isn't working right.

You can also adjust the number of games it wins and how fast it plays. All the settings can be changed by opening the "config.properties" file in notepad. The default settings should play 50 games in about 20-25 mins.

Read the readme file or see below for instructions

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

EDIT - Sorry I forgot but also a big thanks to Daviid for testing

EDIT - Updated to hopefully support more resolutions, see new instructions

Instructions
------------

2.) Resize window to cover game board (See example image)
3.) Set options and press the run button

After every move, the mouse will move to the top left corner of the game board,
if you move the mouse from this position before the next move, the bot will stop running.

Stocking Anarchy
12-29-2016, 01:54 AM
How does the bot know what account is supposed to be logged in to send the neopoints to?

Daviid
12-29-2016, 07:39 AM
How does the bot know what account is supposed to be logged in to send the neopoints to?

You log in to your facebook account and leave the game with the first level started, then run the program.

Stocking Anarchy
12-30-2016, 12:26 AM
You log in to your facebook account and leave the game with the first level started, then run the program.

Is there a way to change what account the game is linked with on facebook. My current one is logged to a frozen account and ghoul catchers apparently can still log to it fine.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Hey guys, so I saw that the ghoul catchers bot on here wasn't being supported anymore and some people were having issues so hopefully this can serve as a replacement

The code is based off of a bejeweled blitz bot (same thing right? :P)

I'm hoping it will work out of the box for most people but there are options that can be tweaked if it isn't working right.

You can also adjust the number of games it wins and how fast it plays. All the settings can be changed by opening the "config.properties" file in notepad. The default settings should play 50 games in about 20-25 mins.

Read the readme file for instructions

EDIT - Sorry I forgot but also a big thanks to Daviid for testing

What is the recommended display settings for the bot because I have tried three different one. My main one is 1920 x 1080 also tried 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024.

Got error

Also should the game be popped out to full screen?

Sorry the instructions Daviid let me know. Maybe have a bit more detail for noobs like me?

Daviid
12-30-2016, 06:03 AM
Is there a way to change what account the game is linked with on facebook. My current one is logged to a frozen account and ghoul catchers apparently can still log to it fine.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

What is the recommended display settings for the bot because I have tried three different one. My main one is 1920 x 1080 also tried 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024.

Got error

Also should the game be popped out to full screen?

Sorry the instructions Daviid let me know. Maybe have a bit more detail for noobs like me?

I used firefox, window maximized in a 1920x1080 screen.

Start the first level.
Double click the .bat file.
switch to firefox and wait.

Stocking Anarchy
12-30-2016, 07:23 AM
I used firefox, window maximized in a 1920x1080 screen.

Start the first level.
Double click the .bat file.
switch to firefox and wait.

Thanks for the info. Still not working for me but too sleepy to TS more for now.

Daviid
12-30-2016, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the info. Still not working for me but too sleepy to TS more for now.

Maybe you can use "Screen2Gif" or "ShareX" to make a gif of what you do and PM it to me.

Also if you have 3 different Displays try to set the mode to duplicate.

phantasia
12-30-2016, 10:24 AM
O I will try this

j03
12-30-2016, 10:38 AM
This looks very nice... and I love how you took existing code for another game bot to make this work!

phantasia
12-30-2016, 10:39 AM
yeah no guess screen resolution is not supported

bluevitriol
12-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Exactly what I was searching for! <3

NPs
01-06-2017, 08:02 AM

Do you know how to fix this?

Also I can run the game only in Safari.. Firefox isn't intalling Unity Player... Maybe cause its 64 bits?

shiftasterisk
01-07-2017, 10:46 PM
I've updated this to hopefully make it work with a wider range of resolutions. Please redownload and follow new instructions

Instructions
------------

2.) Resize window to cover game board (See example image)
3.) Set options and press the run button

After every move, the mouse will move to the top left corner of the game board,
if you move the mouse from this position before the next move, the bot will stop running.

Example Image -

wizardofthenorth
01-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Facebook stopped working and my android emulators don't seem to be responding to the program. Is there another way to run the game and have this interact with it?

Stocking Anarchy
01-14-2017, 10:57 PM
nope. Gotta be logged in and facebook for some reason isn't logging people in.

shinamon
01-20-2017, 05:18 PM
That was a really helpful and simple program when the game was working on Facebook. Hope it return back soon.

shiftasterisk
01-20-2017, 10:57 PM
While the facebook version is down. You can install run ghoul catchers on bluestacks (here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])). I have but a tweaked version that will work with bluestacks though it will be slower since the android version isn't as responsive as the facebook version

Re-download the bot and run ghoulcatchersbot-bluestacks ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Blovey
01-25-2017, 01:54 AM
I can't get the bluestacks bot to work. It either does the first move then stops or does nothing from the start :(

shinamon
01-27-2017, 10:24 AM
I can't get the bluestacks bot to work. It either does the first move then stops or does nothing from the start :(

Its the same for me

xCarRadio
04-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Just a heads up!

Please Use a Different Browser to Play Ghoul Catchers

On Tuesday, March 7th, 2017, Mozilla Firefox removed the ability to play Unity Web Player games. Ghoul Catchers, can still be played on Internet Explorer and Safari. If you'd like to continue to play Facebook Games using Google Chrome, please select another game.

Cryptorchid
07-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Do you recommend playing this on your main account or is it too risky?