PDA

View Full Version : Progress Pics

Guy
10-27-2016, 09:54 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

first pic was a few months ago second pic was earlier today ;)
found the first pic somewhere on my laptop so I figured I'd compare

IK my progress isn't too crazy but I just wanted to share..not quite where I want to be yet : p

unknowable
10-27-2016, 09:57 PM
Looks good!

Cath
10-27-2016, 10:03 PM
This is super motivating! I have wanted to start exercising for a while now, but I never quite got the motivation. I'm moving to another city during the Holidays (where my boyfriend lives) and he wants us to exercise together! I guess that might be what I need since I can't get the motivation when I'm alone. :')

Are you only exercising or have you changed your diet too?

Guy
10-27-2016, 10:09 PM
This is super motivating! I have wanted to start exercising for a while now, but I never quite got the motivation. I'm moving to another city during the Holidays (where my boyfriend lives) and he wants us to exercise together! I guess that might be what I need since I can't get the motivation when I'm alone. :')

Are you only exercising or have you changed your diet too?

I do calisthenics almost daily (pushups/pullups/some gymnastic stuff) and supplement w/ weight lifting occasionally but I'm pretty sure my diet played a huge role :p

I usualy do 18-24 hour fasts most of the week and eat my days worth of cals in one meal w/ high fat/moderate protein/low-ish carbs

Bexxie
10-27-2016, 10:13 PM
Great job! Congrats on your progress! :)

I really need to get back on a healthy diet and fitness routine. My biggest hurdle is finding the motivation to do so.

I_royalty_I
10-27-2016, 10:14 PM
I do calisthenics almost daily (pushups/pullups/some gymnastic stuff) and supplement w/ weight lifting occasionally but I'm pretty sure my diet played a huge role :p

I usualy do 18-24 hour fasts most of the week and eat my days worth of cals in one meal w/ high fat/moderate protein/low-ish carbs

That's an interesting diet right there. Do you find that the fasting works for you? I feel like that's something that would be difficult to maintain long term.

Guy
10-27-2016, 10:22 PM
That's an interesting diet right there. Do you find that the fasting works for you? I feel like that's something that would be difficult to maintain long term.

it was hard at first but it became really easy after a few days
I barely get hungry til about 16ish hours in but it's pretty easy to manage..occasionally I'd forget to eat and go on a 36hr fast by mistake haha. I make suree to eat large amounts of food in one sitting so I get enough cals to last the next day though. been on this schedule since around july w/ relative ease

the key thoughhh is the high amts of fat. not really sure why but fat keeps you satiated for longer than carbs & protein do..something to do w/ blood sugar I think lol

I drench everything in butter/tallow/avocado lolol

Dark_dragonz
10-27-2016, 10:31 PM
Awesome stuff man!! keep up the great work!

Sci_Girl
10-28-2016, 06:43 AM
That is some good progress overall.

But health wise that diet is very unhealthy. You are starving yourself then giving unhealthy foods to compensate some calories. This is water weight that is gone which is still good but you may want to look into a steady diet with added vegetables and fruits if you want to really maintain this and make sure your cholesterol doesn't shoot up by eating delicious butter lol. I am weak for drenching in butter or heavy cream sauces or adding salt lol. Soooo hard to go without.

Pusheen
10-28-2016, 06:55 AM
Great work! I'm happy for you :D

Guy
10-28-2016, 08:11 AM
That is some good progress overall.

But health wise that diet is very unhealthy. You are starving yourself then giving unhealthy foods to compensate some calories. This is water weight that is gone which is still good but you may want to look into a steady diet with added vegetables and fruits if you want to really maintain this and make sure your cholesterol doesn't shoot up by eating delicious butter lol. I am weak for drenching in butter or heavy cream sauces or adding salt lol. Soooo hard to go without.

Haha yeah I'm planning to go to a doc real soon and get my blood work done to see if things are okay, but I feel great so I'm pretty optimistic :D Thanks for the concern though :)

ribossoma
10-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Haha yeah I'm planning to go to a doc real soon and get my blood work done to see if things are okay, but I feel great so I'm pretty optimistic :D Thanks for the concern though :)

She's right. Although this yielded results, it's really not healthy.
Back when I had to drop some weight, I talked to a nutritionist and he gave me a few tips that made a huge difference:

- Getting muscle is really important - this doesn't seem to be a problem for you since you do calisthenics and sometimes lift. By getting more muscle you're increasing the ammount of energy your body needs just to function normally so you end up burning more calories than before, even when doing nothing.

- PROTEIN. Really, really important to maintain the muscle tissue when losing weight.

- Veggies. I used to hate them. The nutritionist told me to try to eat just a bit per meal so my body would get used to it, and now I fucking love veggies. Especially broccolli. Broccolli is love, broccolli is life.

- Count the carbs. One of my problems was that I absolutely love rice, and any type of pasta. I'd eat plate full of them, no joke. He told me to not go over 150 grams of rice/pasta per meal (compensating with more meat or even veggies) and it made a HUGE difference. Lost about 4 pounds in a week with only this change. Grains legumes (beans, lentils, etc) can be used as a substitute if you want to completely cut carbs, or just to diversify.

- No sugar. As little salt as possible.

- Fat is really important, as you noticed already. But avoid at all costs saturated fats, unsaturated fats are the shit. You get these from fish, peanut butter (commercial ones usually have too much sugar so I like to make my own), seeds, almonds, nuts, vegetable oils, etc.

If you get a balanced diet you don't need to fast or starve. In fact I ate all day and still lost a lot of weight pretty fast :D

Anyway, really nice progress dude!

Guy
10-30-2016, 05:04 PM
She's right. Although this yielded results, it's really not healthy.
Back when I had to drop some weight, I talked to a nutritionist and he gave me a few tips that made a huge difference:

- Getting muscle is really important - this doesn't seem to be a problem for you since you do calisthenics and sometimes lift. By getting more muscle you're increasing the ammount of energy your body needs just to function normally so you end up burning more calories than before, even when doing nothing.

- PROTEIN. Really, really important to maintain the muscle tissue when losing weight.

- Veggies. I used to hate them. The nutritionist told me to try to eat just a bit per meal so my body would get used to it, and now I fucking love veggies. Especially broccolli. Broccolli is love, broccolli is life.

- Count the carbs. One of my problems was that I absolutely love rice, and any type of pasta. I'd eat plate full of them, no joke. He told me to not go over 150 grams of rice/pasta per meal (compensating with more meat or even veggies) and it made a HUGE difference. Lost about 4 pounds in a week with only this change. Grains legumes (beans, lentils, etc) can be used as a substitute if you want to completely cut carbs, or just to diversify.

- No sugar. As little salt as possible.

- Fat is really important, as you noticed already. But avoid at all costs saturated fats, unsaturated fats are the shit. You get these from fish, peanut butter (commercial ones usually have too much sugar so I like to make my own), seeds, almonds, nuts, vegetable oils, etc.

If you get a balanced diet you don't need to fast or starve. In fact I ate all day and still lost a lot of weight pretty fast :D

Anyway, really nice progress dude!

Thanks for the advice :D