PDA

View Full Version : PoGo Halloween Event

Aura
10-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Hatching, catching, and transferring Pokemon will earn double the candy and your buddy Pokemon will earn candy four times as fast between October 26th-November 1st.
Source ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

I don't play anymore, but this may be helpful for people who do.

Cybun
10-25-2016, 11:32 AM
Fuck Niantic

I_royalty_I
10-25-2016, 11:33 AM
I stopped playing this game too. It was crazy popular this summer and then kind of died. I think they picked the perfect time to unveil it.

I'm not even sure an event like this will help them be relevant again. D:

Aura
10-25-2016, 11:35 AM
I stopped playing this game too. It was crazy popular this summer and then kind of died. I think they picked the perfect time to unveil it.

I'm not even sure an event like this will help them be relevant again. D:

Yeah, I don't think so either lol. It was insane how popular it was, but it got boring.

I_royalty_I
10-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I don't think so either lol. It was insane how popular it was, but it got boring.

I think it only got boring because of how easy it was to get to that ultimate top tier point. When you could let a bot run and get every pokemon imaginable, there's no incentive to keep playing. If the bot problem were eliminated it would have been a different story I think.

Aura
10-25-2016, 11:39 AM
I think it only got boring because of how easy it was to get to that ultimate top tier point. When you could let a bot run and get every pokemon imaginable, there's no incentive to keep playing. If the bot problem were eliminated it would have been a different story I think.

I agree, it was too easy. I think it may pick up for a bit after they release G2 Pokemon, but, if they don't fix how easy it is, they'll just make it die again.
Also, the fact that if you didn't live in a city, you were SOL and there were hardly any Pokemon or Pokestops worth going to discouraged me at least.

I_royalty_I
10-25-2016, 11:42 AM
I agree, it was too easy. I think it may pick up for a bit after they release G2 Pokemon, but, if they don't fix how easy it is, they'll just make it die again.
Also, the fact that if you didn't live in a city, you were SOL and there were hardly any Pokemon or Pokestops worth going to discouraged me at least.

That's a good point too. Unless you lived in a city, you didn't have that good of a chance to get anything. When I went to DC I was so confused by how many pokestops, pokemon and gyms were all over the place. It was crazy when compared to me seeing nothing on top of nothing at home lol

Naked Gamer
10-25-2016, 11:51 AM
I stopped playing as well i got sick of carrying a battery pack around though plenty still play it here in the cities. Definitely dropped of quickly after the hype. To many problems not fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bexxie
10-25-2016, 04:22 PM
I agree, POGO died off pretty quickly. It was perfect summer activity but the limited pokemon, pokestops, etc didn't keep it interesting enough to keep playing.

Herb
10-25-2016, 08:13 PM
Yeah i don't see anyone playing it much anymore then the first two weeks it got released
it will probably be popular ish again when the second gen pokemon comes out :)

Kairi
10-27-2016, 02:50 PM
It got boring for me after the fact that once you leveled them up, gymed a bit, what else is there? It'd be better if they were able to impliment trading or at least battling with a person besides the gym. And I may be pushing it but breeding would be cool to.
But then might as well just play the real game at that point. :P

Aura
10-27-2016, 03:04 PM
It got boring for me after the fact that once you leveled them up, gymed a bit, what else is there? It'd be better if they were able to impliment trading or at least battling with a person besides the gym. And I may be pushing it but breeding would be cool to.
But then might as well just play the real game at that point. :P

I know, I would've thought player battling/training would've been a no-brainer to implement lol. Don't know why they haven't.

Kairi
10-27-2016, 03:55 PM
I know, I would've thought player battling/training would've been a no-brainer to implement lol. Don't know why they haven't.

I can only assume that it's hard to program for an app on a phone but they should have figured it would get bland fast.

Espeon
10-27-2016, 03:56 PM
I still do it because I like hatching eggs and stuff. Idk. I still play.

Starry
10-31-2016, 01:57 PM
I kinda liked this event. It made me play the game actively again, especially since I would like to evolve my Vulpix and I only ever caught one so the 700m walk is much easier to do than 3km... It is sad the event is already over. I still don't have enough candy lol

Espeon
10-31-2016, 02:03 PM
I kinda liked this event. It made me play the game actively again, especially since I would like to evolve my Vulpix and I only ever caught one so the 700m walk is much easier to do than 3km... It is sad the event is already over. I still don't have enough candy lol

Right? I have a ton of pets I'm going to evolve for the first time because of the event!

Cubone (although I caught it's evolve form)
Ekans
Geodude
Slowpoke
Clefairy

And I have a TON to evolve tonight with my lucky egg :)

Starry
10-31-2016, 02:09 PM
Right? I have a ton of pets I'm going to evolve for the first time because of the event!

Cubone (although I caught it's evolve form)
Ekans
Geodude
Slowpoke
Clefairy

And I have a TON to evolve tonight with my lucky egg :)

You've got some nice ones to evolve! Still haven't spotted an Ekans or Clefairy yet and today my first Geodude... I've caught tons of Cubones, Drowzees and Haunters these days so I was able to get myself a good Gengar, Marowak and Hypno. For the first time, I was able to participate in a gym xD

Espeon
10-31-2016, 02:13 PM
You've got some nice ones to evolve! Still haven't spotted an Ekans or Clefairy yet and today my first Geodude... I've caught tons of Cubones, Drowzees and Haunters these days so I was able to get myself a good Gengar, Marowak and Hypno. For the first time, I was able to participate in a gym xD

Yeah, I already had a Hypno (the mall of america is full of drowzee omg) and a gengar as well. I actually JUST got Gengar so I was like K THANKS FOR MAKING THAT LESS OF AN EXPERIENCE NOW lolol but I'm glad other people are getting them now

franbow
11-11-2017, 03:27 AM
AH WHY DIDNT I LOOK AT THIS PAGE SOONER