PDA

View Full Version : 2016-2017 NHL Hockey Season

Sci_Girl
09-23-2016, 11:41 AM
This thread will be for Hockey chat during the 2016-2017 season. For all you hockey fans out there know that the season begins Oct. 12!

I know it is early but pre-season does start next week. For some of us fans we are itching for the season to start, effed up Oilers did not make the playoffs again so no hockey team to cheer for since April.

Here is a useful NHL link to summarize the happenings of the upcoming season.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Dates to remember:

Season begins October 12th and ends April 9th
NHL Centennial Classic game is New Years Day. Toronto Maple Leafs vs Detroit Red Wings (outdoor game).
January 2nd is the Winter Classic game. Chicago (yet again) is in it with it being Chicago Black Hawks vs. St. Louis Blues (outdoor game).
NHL Heritage Classic is on October 23rd. Edmonton Oilers vs Winnipeg Jets. (GO OILERS!!!) (outdoor game).
NHL Stadium Series game is February 25th. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers (outdoor game).
All-Star break January 27-30. All-Star game is January 29th, not that anyone cares as it is a stupid dumb game.- Not sure the NHL will allow fans to vote for players like last year lol

Another thing to note you can participate in NHL Fantasy Leagues. I do not like to spend money on these so there are free options through:

Yahoo Sports [Only registered and activated users can see links]
TSN Fantasy Hockey [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Hockey Draft.ca [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I personally prefer the Yahoo Sports one. I find it is the easiest to use.

Later in the season there is also the option to join various NHL Playoff Brackets. If you can predict the winners you can win some good money through those.

There was also mention early in the season that the goalie equipment changes would be happening for this upcoming season. That was the goal. However it looks like that is not going to be the case for awhile. New pad sizes were supposed to be in effect on the first day but delays in design and actually placing the order has now set that date back. No one is really sure when the total equipment change will come into effect, it does need to happen though. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Don't hesitate to post some highlight reel goals too. There is some wicked talent out there.

Connor McDavid is our source of highlight goals:

Good luck to all your chosen teams!!

Sci_Girl
10-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Season starts tomorrow.

Online drafting is still open.

Aura
10-11-2016, 08:52 PM
This pretty much sums hockey season up for me:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] g?oh=ac8ebd0caae601b2ccd7604fde2ee9ba&oe=58704FBD

Sci_Girl
10-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Hasn't even started yet and I got my game face on.

Espeon
10-11-2016, 10:28 PM
I'M SO EXCITED.

I live less than five miles from the Xcel Energy Center aka where The Wild play. I'm a Blackhawks fan myself, but they are my second favorite team. I love hockey :)

I went to UND for my undergrad.

Aska
10-12-2016, 12:52 PM
SO READY TO SEE MY BOYS KICK SOME BUTT.

Aaaand Price will not be starting tomorrow night. I guess I waited like 10 months to see him play so I can wait a few more days.

Sci_Girl
10-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Lots of players are injured already. Price is out with the flu though so not all hope is lost.

Sid is missing his opener though, that is pretty big. Price is missing his opener. Huberdeau got his achilles sliced by a skate. Eichel looks like he will be out too with an effed up ankle. Also Seguin, Bergeron out. So many top players.

Sci_Girl
10-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Okay so maybe Auston Matthews is something good. 4 goals in his NHL debut. No player in NHL history has done that. First game he sets a league record. McDavid has some competition.

Aska
10-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Haha Matthews is going to be the only one scoring goals for that team. If the Laffs ever get decent goaltending and defense, they might actually be okay some day.

Aura
10-15-2016, 09:31 PM
lol, the Canucks just scored on themselves........ cringe

Sci_Girl
10-15-2016, 10:10 PM
I just keep saying "at least we aren't the canucks"

BigE
10-16-2016, 02:47 PM
It hurts my body to be a nucks fan, maybe next lifetime

Aska
10-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Habs looked awful last night. Last season without Price awful. Desharnais fanning on that shot??

UGH.

Ryu
10-16-2016, 05:41 PM
Go flyers go :o_o:

Sci_Girl
10-16-2016, 10:05 PM
Oilers Oilerd once again. Goalie Cam Talbot cannot stop a beachball, gets pulled, backup Gustavsson goes out and gets his head smashed. So he is pulled for concussion protocol. Talbot back in, cannot stop a beachball twice the size as before. Garbage.

To quote the Edmonton coach:"we looked like the bad news bears"

Aska
10-19-2016, 03:06 PM

BEAUTIFUL

Sci_Girl
10-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Lol wow haven't seen a real flip like that in a long time.

Sci_Girl
10-23-2016, 07:39 PM

Sci_Girl
11-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Kadri is a dick.

Also, Oilers are still top in the West. So odd to see.

unknowable
11-06-2016, 08:28 PM
I like hockey. My favorite part is when they hit each other.

Sci_Girl
11-06-2016, 09:30 PM
I like hockey. My favorite part is when they hit each other.

Cool, I guess. Do you have a favorite team?

Aska
11-06-2016, 09:30 PM
What the hell was Kadri thinking?? (clearly not thinking)

Alsooo dat one punch from Domi on Kessler? Looooved it!

Sci_Girl
11-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Kessler deserves anything coming to him.

And Kadri was thinking let's hit Sedin hard in the head but ooohh I got away with it because my shoulder hit his shoulder first. He clearly intended to hit his head but that shoulder to shoulder negated any suspension. So stupid.

Kadri will get turned into ground Kadri next time they meet up. Not sure who will do that because Leafs are mostly pansies but someone will try to lol.

Skarner
Have you been keeping up with dem Oilerz?

Skarner
11-09-2016, 01:51 AM
Kessler deserves anything coming to him.

And Kadri was thinking let's hit Sedin hard in the head but ooohh I got away with it because my shoulder hit his shoulder first. He clearly intended to hit his head but that shoulder to shoulder negated any suspension. So stupid.

Kadri will get turned into ground Kadri next time they meet up. Not sure who will do that because Leafs are mostly pansies but someone will try to lol.

Skarner
Have you been keeping up with dem Oilerz?

Always do :P. Winning feels good, but still tempering expectations.

Sci_Girl
11-26-2016, 12:57 PM
The new Las Vegas team.

The Vegas Golden Knights.

Primary logo:

Secondary logo:

The main logo is not that bad. Even though it is a spartan helmet not a knight's. The secondary logo is garbage though. Looks like one of those last minute "oh shit I need a logo quick do it in MS paint".

The name too is absolute junk. Golden Knights? Give it a few seasons and it will become the Vegas Knights. I heard that they wanted that but the London Knights have "knights" copyright. But fans will be calling them the Knights no matter what. I'm not sure why they dropped Las either. It's not like Angeles Kings or Jose Sharks sounds good. Vegas Golden Knights will drop to a more simplified name later on.