PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Go Botting/Hacking/Cheating

Urbex
07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Is anyone here interested in cheating in Pokemon go through the means of macros/bots/gps spoofers/etc?

I haven't seen anything posted on Clraik about this topic which surprised me, I expected some of our more technically-inclined users to have already started discussing this :P so I want to know what you all think.

I've been doing some reading on various other communities and it seems there's a huge community of this stuff already. There's already people selling their accounts or large sums of money, bots being made, and scripts available. I won't name any programs/bots/scripts/forums on this thread though. Do you plan on cheating at all? Are you completely against it? Possibly considering it? Let me know!

For the record, I currently have a legitimate account that I play on all the time and have no intentions of cheating on or anything of that sort. I don't plan to benefit on this account from any exploits.That said, I also have 2 throwaway accounts that I test exploits on. I guess I'm a legit player who has illegit accounts lol

Kylae
07-19-2016, 01:26 PM
What's the joy in cheating in the game? Takes away from the fun of going outside and getting Pokemon!

Naked Gamer
07-19-2016, 01:33 PM
I've heard people irl already getting banned for spoofers so i wouldn't do it myself!! And yeah same as what Kylae said too on Pokemon Go stay legit go outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urbex
07-19-2016, 01:40 PM
What's the joy in cheating in the game? Takes away from the fun of going outside and getting Pokemon!

I personally just find it intriguing to see what sort of stuff can be automated in the game and I enjoy the computer science aspect of it.
As I said I do have a legit account (that I played on for 6+ hours yesterday..yikes) so I still do get the enjoyment of playing legit.

I think it's kind of like Neopets cheating in a way. I have my legit account and my illegit accounts. The illegit accounts are ways for me to push the limits of what I could typically do legitimately, while still being able to play legitimately with my legit account.
scarmans, The bans so far have only been temporary soft-bans (30 minutes to 12 hours, varying); since I do it on throwaway accounts I don't care about losing, eh, it's of no loss to me really if I get banned.

Naked Gamer
07-19-2016, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't worry i put 5+ hours in when i can. I did 23km walks yesterday 0_0 i did sleep well that night and my legs oh my legs!! Haha

Enjoy learning and researching into this stuff anyways you sound really into it

For me i only cheat on neopets i play WoW legit and well now pokemon haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howl
07-19-2016, 04:11 PM
This would be absolutely pointless, where's the fun in it if you're cheating? The game is designed to get you outside, being social and active. It's way more about personal achievements than "being the very best" IMO, there's no leaderboards or anything so nobody really cares. Cheating will only give you bragging rights between friends.

Spoildlittleme
07-26-2016, 07:20 PM
the only illegit thing I have done is have it run while I am on the bus :P

I_royalty_I
07-26-2016, 07:22 PM

Oh hop off it m8! What's the point in cheating in any game?! :rolleyes:

ThePrimeOfAllPrimes
07-26-2016, 08:38 PM
This would be absolutely pointless, where's the fun in it if you're cheating? The game is designed to get you outside, being social and active. It's way more about personal achievements than "being the very best" IMO, there's no leaderboards or anything so nobody really cares. Cheating will only give you bragging rights between friends.
But...I wanna be the very best. DA NA NA NA

Stay down, you do not want to get up.

Rambo
07-27-2016, 09:09 PM
Clraik, also you should be going outside anyways.

Here is a nice open source bot for y'all [Only registered and activated users can see links]

If you need help getting an API key, select "browser key" go to "library" than turn on all the map APIs.

Sezy
07-30-2016, 01:14 PM
I only cheat because I live in the middle of nowhere and can only use wifi on my phone
I have a rubbish android phone and have only found a joystick app that works without rooting my device
Anyone found anything good for Android 6.0.1?

Oh and I've been banned a few times in pokemon go. Nothing lasting more than an hour