PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to train your pokemon before levelling up?

Howl
07-17-2016, 04:53 PM
Like, should you max out your Pidgey's CP before evolving it? Or once it's maxed, is it maxed for all evolutions?

|2eap
07-17-2016, 05:18 PM
max it then evolve it for a stronger pokemon when evolved for sure.

tbh its very early in the game. i evolved as soon as i could without really thinking it through.

luckily theres lots of pidgeys and such.

I should have leveled up my evee before evolving to vaporeon

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

But you can continously level up your pet to your maximum trainer level capacity it allows. Idk if theres a "max" for a pokemon

Howl
07-17-2016, 05:21 PM
Ahh, cool cool. Well if I actually care about a Pokemon then I'll max it then evolve! Thanks!

Mama Bear
07-17-2016, 05:23 PM
When you evolve, it'll be at the same spot in the arc as it was pre-evolved. There is no difference to training before or after; the potential of the final form will be the same.

cost
07-17-2016, 07:01 PM
I read you should evolve first and then max out. i'll try to find the source.

This quote sums it up:

"It doesn't matter, the same amount of candy/stadust will be used either way. But I wouldn't level up a pokemon you plan on evolving. Doing so will only waste your candy/stardust if it learns a move you don't want."

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

bacchus |2eap Howl

Howl
07-18-2016, 03:56 AM
Ohhh, nice! Thank you guys. It's kinda fun that there are no set instructions, but also kind of annoying heh.