PDA

View Full Version : Quick guide to leveling quickly

Magmar
07-12-2016, 06:11 AM
As you may know if you play Pokemon Go as much as I do, there is an abundance of goddamn pidgeys, weedles, zubats, and the like. Well, you can turn these nuisances into quick levels by catching numerous amounts of them and reaching level 9. At level 9, you are given a lucky egg which doubles the XP you earn for 30 mins. While it might be tempting to grind a gym or use a lure to double the XP you get from catches, you could instead double the XP from evolving. Instead of receiving 1000 pts for evolving, you now will receive 2000. This turns into fast levels, higher CP Pokemon, and better items to find and catch Pokemon. So instead of using your lucky eggs for minimal return, use those pidgey candies to level quickly.

Happy hunting!

Herb
07-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Thats a good idea thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mama Bear
07-12-2016, 06:14 PM
As you may know if you play Pokemon Go as much as I do, there is an abundance of goddamn pidgeys, weedles, zubats, and the like. Well, you can turn these nuisances into quick levels by catching numerous amounts of them and reaching level 9. At level 9, you are given a lucky egg which doubles the XP you earn for 30 mins. While it might be tempting to grind a gym or use a lure to double the XP you get from catches, you could instead double the XP from evolving. Instead of receiving 1000 pts for evolving, you now will receive 2000. This turns into fast levels, higher CP Pokemon, and better items to find and catch Pokemon. So instead of using your lucky eggs for minimal return, use those pidgey candies to level quickly.

Happy hunting!

I gave this same suggestion on another thread yesterday, just FYI. ;)

With regards to lucky eggs, plan ahead before you use one. Either wait until you're in a place with new pokemon for you (like a beach if you're from the city), or do what I'm doing- save up trash pokemon candies. When I set off my lucky egg, I have a buttload of things ready to evolve, just for the 1000exp it'll net me. Pokestops are 50exp a pop too, so that can be easy double exp too, especially if you're one of those lucky people with a plethora of pokestops around.

cost
07-12-2016, 07:03 PM
uhh it's 500 -> 1000 exp not 1000 -> 2000 right?

otherwise it's a good tip, although it's more or less common knowledge at this point

Irohh
07-12-2016, 11:55 PM
Get this, I've been playing for hours and had no idea that evolving gave EXP! Thanks for the tip xD I'm a bit dense.
Time to use that lucky egg!

Naked Gamer
07-12-2016, 11:58 PM
You can also buy lucky eggs from the store if you're into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07-13-2016, 04:55 AM
Yes it's 500-> 1000 :)

70spurple
07-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah at this point I think leveling up my toon is my only main objective.