PDA

View Full Version : POGO Pokemon gyms

70spurple
07-11-2016, 05:23 AM
4 colors, and you either foritify your team color or lower prestige of enemies. How is exactly do you train to get tht higher level (CP)

Urbex
07-11-2016, 08:54 AM
There's only 3 colors (red, yellow, blue) :P

You train your Pokemon to raise CP (and health!) by navigating to your pokemon, selecting one, and clicking "Power Up." Also, as you progress in the game, you'll get higher CP pokemon spawning

Naked Gamer
07-11-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm level 17 so i see on avg 300cp pokemon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irohh
07-11-2016, 02:14 PM
You gotta use them stardust! Just evolve and catch everything in your sight, and you'll level up to get cooler things.

70spurple
07-11-2016, 03:09 PM

Wow just in the wild? then I guess I'll save my stardust and candy. so taking over gyms isn't really anything important cause you can't level up that way?

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

You gotta use them stardust! Just evolve and catch everything in your sight, and you'll level up to get cooler things.

i don't wanna evolve and waste candy, until CP gets high and it's more worth it, know what i mean?

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

How did you level up so fast btw, just by filling up pokedex or gyms

cost
07-11-2016, 03:28 PM
personally i dont play gyms because it's not worth it, imo. driving around, busting your ass cheeks just to get 2 or 3 gyms, only to lose them in a few hours, all for a small amount of coins which you can accumulate to buy shit that you can already get for free.

so just save your stardust and wait for more Pokemon Go features to be released. You can still progress without going to gyms. Again this is just my opinion.

70spurple
07-11-2016, 03:57 PM
personally i dont play gyms because it's not worth it, imo. driving around, busting your ass cheeks just to get 2 or 3 gyms, only to lose them in a few hours, all for a small amount of coins which you can accumulate to buy shit that you can already get for free.

so just save your stardust and wait for more Pokemon Go features to be released. You can still progress without going to gyms. Again this is just my opinion.

I like this.

I_royalty_I
07-11-2016, 04:03 PM
What are those rest stop things for? I was at the park today and there were a TON of people wandering around with their phones in front of their faces. I was trying to get in a good run but it was like running through a damn maze with all these fools looking for rest stops and such. I don't understand. I have a level 1 charmander and a bulbasaur and I think that's pretty great.

cost
07-11-2016, 04:32 PM
What are those rest stop things for? I was at the park today and there were a TON of people wandering around with their phones in front of their faces. I was trying to get in a good run but it was like running through a damn maze with all these fools looking for rest stops and such. I don't understand. I have a level 1 charmander and a bulbasaur and I think that's pretty great.

pokestops can be used every 5 minutes. You can see them all on your map, the blue things. they are your main source of pokeballs, potions and some other stuff like razz berries. they give you usually between 3-5, sometimes 6 or 7 items.

I_royalty_I
07-11-2016, 05:33 PM
pokestops can be used every 5 minutes. You can see them all on your map, the blue things. they are your main source of pokeballs, potions and some other stuff like razz berries. they give you usually between 3-5, sometimes 6 or 7 items.

I happened to be near one of them, but it didn't seem to do anything. What are you supposed to do when you're near one, or is it just done automatically?

Mama Bear
07-11-2016, 05:46 PM
I happened to be near one of them, but it didn't seem to do anything. What are you supposed to do when you're near one, or is it just done automatically?

You spin the circle to get the items. Also gives 50xp, which really adds up.

I think gym exp is currently insufficient. You get pretty much the same from catching a pidgey as you do from battling something that could be 800 CP. If they change the exp rates, it'll encourage more gym activity. At the moment, I only do it to get my daily free Pokecoins.

Irohh
07-11-2016, 10:28 PM
It's better to wait I guess, but if you keep waiting for stronger pokemon you'll never get to use it xD It depends on how you want to play I guess, both ways work!

cost
07-12-2016, 02:12 AM
You spin the circle to get the items. Also gives 50xp, which really adds up.

Can confirm. My apartment happens to be right next to a pokestop so basically my bag is always full, plus I'm getting like 2000+ exp just by keeping my phone charging when and spinning the pokestop whenever i remember/have time to do it.

I think gym exp is currently insufficient. You get pretty much the same from catching a pidgey as you do from battling something that could be 800 CP. If they change the exp rates, it'll encourage more gym activity. At the moment, I only do it to get my daily free Pokecoins.

Also accurate. The time spent battling the gym, which in my case includes competing w/ several other people at literally every gym almost 24/7, can also be spent walking around catching more pokemon, getting more exp, going to pokestops etc. So unless you're there just to have fun or socialize or whatever (fuck that lol), a small amount of coins and 500 stardust is just simply not worth the time and effort. Capturing a gym is a lost cause, unless you have 2+ people with you to actually sit down for an hour and prestige the gym to like, prestige 8+ or something like that. The highest prestige i've seen is 7/8 and they've all been taken down within 24 hours.

i got 30,000+ stardust, level 14 and no regrets about skipping gyms so far. I did manage to snipe a spot in a prestige 6 gym of my color (Red) as i jogged by it while i was exercising. Saw 4 or 5 people standing next to it so i probably fucked somebody who just prestiged. no regrets

Naked Gamer
07-12-2016, 04:03 AM
Can confirm. My apartment happens to be right next to a pokestop so basically my bag is always full, plus I'm getting like 2000+ exp just by keeping my phone charging when and spinning the pokestop whenever i remember/have time to do it.

Also accurate. The time spent battling the gym, which in my case includes competing w/ several other people at literally every gym almost 24/7, can also be spent walking around catching more pokemon, getting more exp, going to pokestops etc. So unless you're there just to have fun or socialize or whatever (fuck that lol), a small amount of coins and 500 stardust is just simply not worth the time and effort. Capturing a gym is a lost cause, unless you have 2+ people with you to actually sit down for an hour and prestige the gym to like, prestige 8+ or something like that. The highest prestige i've seen is 7/8 and they've all been taken down within 24 hours.

i got 30,000+ stardust, level 14 and no regrets about skipping gyms so far. I did manage to snipe a spot in a prestige 6 gym of my color (Red) as i jogged by it while i was exercising. Saw 4 or 5 people standing next to it so i probably fucked somebody who just prestiged. no regrets

I got 2 pokestops outside my place so i can site in my room and reap all the items XD

i also put lure mods on them sometimes when i'm lazing and i get people sitting outside in there cars from near by hahaha

Urbex
07-12-2016, 07:18 AM
It's better to wait I guess, but if you keep waiting for stronger pokemon you'll never get to use it xD It depends on how you want to play I guess, both ways work!

Thats my line of thinking too. You'll never use it if you just keep waiting to be a higher level because there's always a level higher than the one you're at. You're missing half the features of the game if you're eternally waiting to be a higher level :P

Naked Gamer
07-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Thats my line of thinking too. You'll never use it if you just keep waiting to be a higher level because there's always a level higher than the one you're at. You're missing half the features of the game if you're eternally waiting to be a higher level :P

just take on a gym with 4-5 friends XD why wait.

Mama Bear
07-12-2016, 06:16 PM
just take on a gym with 4-5 friends XD why wait.

Not everyone has this option. In my town, the PoGo player-base is almost completely current/former students. Even though I'm on maternity leave, I'm still bound by the ethics of teaching.

cost
07-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Not everyone has this option. In my town, the PoGo player-base is almost completely current/former students. Even though I'm on maternity leave, I'm still bound by the ethics of teaching.

Not true at all, in my opinion. I assume you are talking about how picking a team (red, blue or yellow) would be unfair? I am fairly certain that no one would care. It's all good fun. The kids on other teams would enjoy competing with you

Mama Bear
07-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Not true at all, in my opinion. I assume you are talking about how picking a team (red, blue or yellow) would be unfair? I am fairly certain that no one would care. It's all good fun. The kids on other teams would enjoy competing with you

Taking on a gym with 4-5 friends isn't an option (which is what I was responding to) as the code of ethics is very clear about social/personal interactions with students. Yes, they would care. Teachers in my town have had ethics investigations opened because they walked home (didn't have a license, so was literally their only way of getting to and from work) and would talk to students who walked the same way home.

cost
07-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Taking on a gym with 4-5 friends isn't an option (which is what I was responding to) as the code of ethics is very clear about social/personal interactions with students. Yes, they would care. Teachers in my town have had ethics investigations opened because they walked home (didn't have a license, so was literally their only way of getting to and from work) and would talk to students who walked the same way home.

I suppose I haven't read the code of ethics, but regardless, I think starting a Pokemon Go club after school, maybe a study hall + play Pokemon Go type of club, would be a lot of fun for the students. You would also be playing, but the kids would all be playing with each other. It's not like you're forming any inappropriate personal relationships with anybody.

70spurple
07-12-2016, 09:27 PM

This is inspiring. I can hatch eggs on my jogs now :p Thanks!

Urbex
07-12-2016, 11:07 PM
I somehow managed to find some open gym slots for my pokemon while driving around, it's an easy way to get the stardust/coins if the gym is high enough of a level.
The gym I found is Lv8 and has a ton of high CP pokemon, mine should be safe there for a bit

Naked Gamer
07-13-2016, 12:05 AM
This is inspiring. I can hatch eggs on my jogs now :p Thanks!

I walked 30KM in 3 days hatched many eggs [emoji4]

I was working out at home walking on treadmill but playing a game and excising is more fun XD

07-13-2016, 04:57 AM
For gyms, the lowest pet is always fighting first. So regardless if there is a few high CP pets if you have the lowest it will battle first.

Naked Gamer
07-13-2016, 05:17 AM
For gyms, the lowest pet is always fighting first. So regardless if there is a few high CP pets if you have the lowest it will battle first.

Yeah basically when ever taking over like level 4-7 gyms alone. Lots of kids in my area who team up those smart bastards i need to get a Valor group and rekt some gyms haha

07-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Yeah basically when ever taking over like level 4-7 gyms alone. Lots of kids in my area who team up those smart bastards i need to get a Valor group and rekt some gyms haha

Here it's all blue and red and they battle a lot, I've never seen my team (yellow) own it rip haha I knocked somebody off it earlier though, but was walking so the other 3 stayed.

Naked Gamer
07-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Here it's all blue and red and they battle a lot, I've never seen my team (yellow) own it rip haha I knocked somebody off it earlier though, but was walking so the other 3 stayed.

Haha all yellow or blue where i am, red pops up but not around long night or day! I went down and took over a gym at 3am in the morning in by the time i got home i got rekt and lost it. Though i can walk 20-15mins and come across 3 gyms all along main roads so i see parked cars all the time with peeps in them mostly a full dick fest haha

07-14-2016, 02:57 AM
Haha all yellow or blue where i am, red pops up but not around long night or day! I went down and took over a gym at 3am in the morning in by the time i got home i got rekt and lost it. Though i can walk 20-15mins and come across 3 gyms all along main roads so i see parked cars all the time with peeps in them mostly a full dick fest haha

I don't feel comfortable playing it yet to just stop and openly fight a gym so when I walk it glitches out after fighting 1 pet and says I'm too far. When I feel comfortable I will wreck these groups. However, I own a gym far north a building owned by royal family with no signal and exclusive wifi that barely reaches the gym so I might own that forever.

70spurple
07-15-2016, 09:55 PM

Hey so you said you leveled up quickly due to having a pokestop right outside your apartment. my best friend has one right outside hers! right now i have lure modules, do i just catch them all to get exp that way?

Naked Gamer
07-16-2016, 01:32 AM
Hey so you said you leveled up quickly due to having a pokestop right outside your apartment. my best friend has one right outside hers! right now i have lure modules, do i just catch them all to get exp that way?

I have done that a little with the free lures i got but i don't think lures are worth it for 30mins maybe if they where 1hr id invest into them a bit more.

In my personal opinion walking gets you more pokemon per hour then luring a stop if you put incense on even more.

Exp is only 50exp per stop fyi so not to worth it at my level 21 and it takes 5mins for them to be hit again.

70spurple
07-16-2016, 12:03 PM
I have done that a little with the free lures i got but i don't think lures are worth it for 30mins maybe if they where 1hr id invest into them a bit more.

In my personal opinion walking gets you more pokemon per hour then luring a stop if you put incense on even more.

Exp is only 50exp per stop fyi so not to worth it at my level 21 and it takes 5mins for them to be hit again.

My goal is to get to lvl 21 lol I'm only at 13. The tracking system is weird. Everything nearby is always 3 steps but they randomly pop up depending on where they are in the grid, it odd.

Naked Gamer
07-16-2016, 12:04 PM
My goal is to get to lvl 21 lol I'm only at 13. The tracking system is weird. Everything nearby is always 3 steps but they randomly pop up depending on where they are in the grid, it odd.

I made a thread actually on understanding the tracking system have a look in the pokemon thread :D

cost
07-16-2016, 01:11 PM
I made a thread actually on understanding the tracking system have a look in the pokemon thread :D

yeah...but the tracking system hasn't been working for ~2 days now.

Naked Gamer
07-16-2016, 01:17 PM
yeah...but the tracking system hasn't been working for ~2 days now.

Like no pokemon?

If so you need to start walking and the pokemon will show sometimes if your area isn't that dense there won't be pokemon near by on the tracker

cost
07-16-2016, 01:22 PM
Like no pokemon?

If so you need to start walking and the pokemon will show sometimes if your area isn't that dense there won't be pokemon near by on the tracker

the problem is that there is always 3 footprints regardless of how close you are to the pokemon. look it up on reddit or google
70spurple

Naked Gamer
07-16-2016, 01:23 PM
the problem is that there is always 3 footprints regardless of how close you are to the pokemon. look it up on reddit or google

I haven't had that issue so i won't know, 3 foot print's just means the pokemon is like 150m away ish

cost
07-16-2016, 01:26 PM
I haven't had that issue so i won't know, 3 foot print's just means the pokemon is like 150m away ish

log on right now, walk around and tell me if you see 2 footprints or 1 footprint by any pokemon

70spurple
07-16-2016, 01:37 PM
70spurple

When the game was first released i saw 2 ft prints and then one and then the pokemon so idk what happen

cost
07-16-2016, 01:42 PM
When the game was first released i saw 2 ft prints and then one and then the pokemon so idk what happen

yup, no one knows what happened. it's a glitch.

70spurple
07-16-2016, 07:31 PM
So update did my first pokemon gym battle it's actually pretty fun. i gotta get used to attacking by tapping and holding the opponent character to use the special otherwise this isn't a bad game. Went to my local coffee shop, and even got the gym to go silver for a second before it went red again. So there is an incentive to strengthen your pocket monsters.

Suicune
07-16-2016, 07:51 PM
If you got alot of team valor near a gym ect, its alot easier to hold.

I have one pokemon that I focus on being the highest it can be (vaporeon) but everyone is using that pokemon atm so I'm training up my Jolteon as well.

CP is everything ~ My vaporeon is 1160CP and costs 1600 dust + 2 candy to power up

70spurple
07-16-2016, 11:52 PM
If you got alot of team valor near a gym ect, its alot easier to hold.

I have one pokemon that I focus on being the highest it can be (vaporeon) but everyone is using that pokemon atm so I'm training up my Jolteon as well.

CP is everything ~ My vaporeon is 1160CP and costs 1600 dust + 2 candy to power up

How did you level up so quickly? I find myself leveling up and then being stagnant.

Naked Gamer
07-17-2016, 01:03 AM
How did you level up so quickly? I find myself leveling up and then being stagnant.

Only took me 3 days to get to level 21.

I just got lots of evolves ready and when i got a free lucky egg from leveling i evolved like 20 pokemon

70spurple
07-17-2016, 01:40 AM
Only took me 3 days to get to level 21.

I just got lots of evolves ready and when i got a free lucky egg from leveling i evolved like 20 pokemon

That involves catching everyhing in sight then lol

blueduck23
07-17-2016, 01:51 AM
So update did my first pokemon gym battle it's actually pretty fun. i gotta get used to attacking by tapping and holding the opponent character to use the special otherwise this isn't a bad game. Went to my local coffee shop, and even got the gym to go silver for a second before it went red again. So there is an incentive to strengthen your pocket monsters.

Yeah I'm starting to dig the gyms more myself...
When I'm on my own, I'm more of a fan of finding a pretty stable gym (like level 6) of my color, then fighting it and raising it's prestige so that I can raise it to a level 7 and then leave a pokemon with a high enough CP to be like #3. The coins you collect daily definitely add up and can be used for lucky eggs so that's how i've also leveled up. Taking down a gym on your own can also be fun but my pokemon normally only last about 15-30 minutes there if I do that.

70spurple
07-17-2016, 02:39 AM
I'm at home and the gym north of me is taken over by blue, the gym east of me is taken by red and the gym south of me is taken by yellow lol.

70spurple
08-05-2016, 05:06 AM
Can the pokemon gyms be played on the laptop also?