PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Go Troubleshooting Thread

Urbex
07-10-2016, 11:35 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
With the abundance of issues with the launch of Pokemon Go, many users are experiencing issues.

I figured we should have a place where experienced users can help new users get setup and fix any issues.
I've got a bit of knowledge already about how to fix some issues that have been occurring so I'll offer my help when possible! As more and more people post on this thread, I'll update the original post with common issues and their solutions :)

Useful Links

Official Pokemon Go Support Page
([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pokemon Go FAQ Page ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pokemon Go Subreddit ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

The Correct Way to Catch a Pokemon
Here is the quickest way to catch a pokemon you're hunting in Pokemon Go. This method was developed by Reddit user TheColorlessPill ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

[Only registered and activated users can see links] 731&

In case the image is broken for you (it is on my laptop):
Click to enlarge.

How to Download the App (if it's not released in your country)
Thanks to vj87 for the link!

Link: HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Birdtail
07-10-2016, 12:24 PM
I have a question, I have opened this app a couple times and I'm having trouble finding Pok�mon... I just opened it again and found a wild one at my front door! When they show that they are "nearby", what kind of radius are we talking? For 3 footprints, for instance?

Scanned the faq but didn't see this posted.

Urbex
07-10-2016, 12:43 PM
I have a question, I have opened this app a couple times and I'm having trouble finding Pok�mon... I just opened it again and found a wild one at my front door! When they show that they are "nearby", what kind of radius are we talking? For 3 footprints, for instance?

Scanned the faq but didn't see this posted.
When you find one immediately (or shortly thereafter) after opening the app, that's because you haven't opened the app in a while so the game spawns one by you. That doesn't mean you moved closer to a Pokemon or that one spawned by you. It's just a game feature that after a period of inactivity, when the game opens one will spawn near you.

As far as I know, nobody knows the distances for the footprints. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong, but I haven't seen anyone be able to confirm distances anywhere online yet.

Suicune
07-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Theres a massive error...

Its not yet released in the UK

Birdtail
07-10-2016, 01:59 PM
When you find one immediately (or shortly thereafter) after opening the app, that's because you haven't opened the app in a while so the game spawns one by you. That doesn't mean you moved closer to a Pokemon or that one spawned by you. It's just a game feature that after a period of inactivity, when the game opens one will spawn near you.

As far as I know, nobody knows the distances for the footprints. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong, but I haven't seen anyone be able to confirm distances anywhere online yet.

I asked my mom (lol) who has caught a bunch. She said in her experience 3 prints is a couple blocks, 2 is a short walk, and 1 is very close. No official distances, just her experience.

Good to know about the one spawned, I was wondering how I got that lucky. Lol. I'll be checking at all my client's houses today!

MoaMoa
07-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Ughhhh...I was so excited when I downloaded Po-go. But then all the bugs/errors I couldn't even login!!!

A few days later when I successfully got it to work (OMG yayyyy), no pokemons showed up. I checked at school, on the bus, at my house, at the grocery store, etc. No pokeshop, nope nothing, and then a bulbasaur magically showed up (OMG cryyyyy) I tapped on it and opps, error got logged out. Needless to say, when I logined again, it poofed and back to an empty screen...! Fml!

vj87
07-10-2016, 02:12 PM

Not sure if you know this, but so many people I know are playing this in the UK

Urbex
07-10-2016, 02:41 PM

It sounds like it should be coming soon!

I asked my mom (lol) who has caught a bunch. She said in her experience 3 prints is a couple blocks, 2 is a short walk, and 1 is very close. No official distances, just her experience.

Good to know about the one spawned, I was wondering how I got that lucky. Lol. I'll be checking at all my client's houses today!
I'd agree with your mom. I wish we knew actual distances but those descriptions appear to be accurate thus far.

Ughhhh...I was so excited when I downloaded Po-go. But then all the bugs/errors I couldn't even login!!!

A few days later when I successfully got it to work (OMG yayyyy), no pokemons showed up. I checked at school, on the bus, at my house, at the grocery store, etc. No pokeshop, nope nothing, and then a bulbasaur magically showed up (OMG cryyyyy) I tapped on it and opps, error got logged out. Needless to say, when I logined again, it poofed and back to an empty screen...! Fml!
That's very strange..perhaps there's just nothing near you? Do you have friends who have stuff appear? At the very least Pokemon should be spawning if you're on a walk or driving. I've had the same issue with pokemon disappearing though, very annoying indeed

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Not sure if you know this, but so many people I know are playing this in the UK

Added this to the original post. Thanks!

Suicune
07-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Im on android :c

MoaMoa
07-10-2016, 05:50 PM
My classmates also experienced the same thing. They thought it was prob the campus wi-fi, completely 100% pokemon-free...! :( I did see a few while on the bus but well, couldn't really catch them (unless I jumped off or smth)

I just saw rattata a while back but it was in a construction zone. In total, I saw 4 pokemons, so avg 1 per day...! It's weird they don't give out starters like in the other poke games. Either that, or it was bugged out and that bulbasaur was supposed to be my starter. Couldn't tell at this point.

But yeah, basically nothing where I live. If I want to catch something, I prob need to go somewhere and trespass:

Bettser
07-10-2016, 11:10 PM
On android in Canada using an Android Galaxy S3. I have it downloaded and when it opens it says "GPS signal not found". Tried finding a solution, but found nothing. +rep

Urbex
07-10-2016, 11:36 PM
On android in Canada using an Android Galaxy S3. I have it downloaded and when it opens it says "GPS signal not found". Tried finding a solution, but found nothing. +rep
I'm on iOS so I'm not sure if I can rally solve the problem..I'll try though.

Have you tried checking your privacy settings for your location? The app will need permission to have your location. I've also found I can fix that issue by toggling between wifi/LTE/3G or by completely shutting down my phone (and killing the app) and retrying.

Bettser
07-10-2016, 11:38 PM
I'm on iOS so I'm not sure if I can rally solve the problem..I'll try though.

Have you tried checking your privacy settings for your location? The app will need permission to have your location. I've also found I can fix that issue by toggling between wifi/LTE/3G or by completely shutting down my phone (and killing the app) and retrying.

Weirdly enough, I got the pass the error myself. I clicked the screen about a dozen times and it bypassed the error lol

Urbex
07-10-2016, 11:46 PM
Weirdly enough, I got the pass the error myself. I clicked the screen about a dozen times and it bypassed the error lol
Honestly that's not surprising. It seems like some of the issues are intermittent and go away by themselves. I've been out hunting with friends and we all lose GPS signal (where we should clearly have it)...I'm assuming it's just server issues!

Sakuras
07-11-2016, 12:58 AM
Pokemon Go finally worked in Korea today! We've had emptiness ever since the app launched until today. Sadly can't see roads because of GPS/mapping laws, but it's better than nothing. There are loads of Pokestops around the city & my campus too. It worked for about an hour today, then the servers crashed. -_-

iMastery
07-11-2016, 06:34 AM
Sucks to be on Android in the UK!

Sakuras
07-11-2016, 06:43 AM
Aaaand PG is down in Asia again. :(

Urbex
07-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Bump for awareness