PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Go catches?

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 03:26 AM
I'm so fucking elite already it hurts haha

V is silent

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

That's the Gym in the distance I'm assuming I'll drive there later and those are my real street layouts too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magmar
07-07-2016, 04:23 AM
I sure am glad I live in a city. When I first installed it, I had almost 10 checkpoints around me and 4 gyms lol

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 04:29 AM
I sure am glad I live in a city. When I first installed it, I had almost 10 checkpoints around me and 4 gyms lol

I'm not at home [emoji85]

I'm assuming there would be gyms all over the place, I got a bunch of check points though of random shit I never know about. Epic adventure time on my weekend in 2 days!!!!! Epic

Mama Bear
07-07-2016, 07:01 AM
I live in a small rural town; I only have 3 Pokestops (2 within walking distance), but surprisingly have a gym. I've caught Squirtle (starter), zubat, diglett, machop, geodude, graveller, meowth, ekans, sandshrew and rhyhorn so far. I think the footsteps think is broken though, as they're always 3 steps, even when I'm right on the rustle spot. I hope they fix it soon, so I can have better luck at tracking down some of the desirables I've seen in my 'nearby' listing, like Charmeleon.

Cybun
07-07-2016, 07:51 AM
Not out in my country yet, but I'm so excited!! My bunbun is arriving later this month, gonna buy him a leash and take him on a walk to catch Pokemon.
I'm gonna look so damn ridiculous

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 08:27 AM
Not out in my country yet, but I'm so excited!! My bunbun is arriving later this month, gonna buy him a leash and take him on a walk to catch Pokemon.
I'm gonna look so damn ridiculous

Nah you'll just look like a Pokemon Trainer out on a adventure XD

Pokestops thing is cool though some of the near by place i have near work i never knew about and i've been here for few years haha

Saitama
07-07-2016, 08:30 AM
scarmans thank you for the screenies! I'm so excited for it to come to the US, I'm stifling my hunger with screenshots for now lol

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 08:36 AM
scarmans thank you for the screenies! I'm so excited for it to come to the US, I'm stifling my hunger with screenshots for now lol

Me just noob trainer working my way up :D

Cybun
07-07-2016, 08:41 AM

It's out in the US :D

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 08:44 AM

Yeah opened today in US, my UK friends are pissed it's not out yet for them yet.

Smart developers too to get people put side and doing stuff they probably wouldn't of done or seen before!! Smart and exciting to see how they take it from here.

Cybun
07-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Yeah opened today in US, my UK friends are pissed it's not out yet for them yet.

Smart developers too to get people put side and doing stuff they probably wouldn't of done or seen before!! Smart and exciting to see how they take it from here.

Tell them it's coming before Sunday :)

Saitama
07-07-2016, 08:46 AM

:O goodbye, social life.

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 08:52 AM

Put a ad on craigs list calling on all Pokemon trainers. :D

enhanced social life haha

Saitama
07-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Put a ad on craigs list calling on all Pokemon trainers. :D

enhanced social life haha

Do they have pvp pokemon matches? Cuz i could see those meetups going south real quick lol

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Do they have pvp pokemon matches? Cuz i could see those meetups going south real quick lol

Yeah i'm certain they do, you can create your team so i assume so. We will have to see though.

Cybun
07-07-2016, 08:58 AM

What's social life

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 09:00 AM
What's social life

Online life only life for ever life hahaha :D

Saitama
07-07-2016, 09:02 AM
Online life only life for ever life hahaha :D

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 09:04 AM

Pretty much haha

This is interesting

LibraryFaerie
07-07-2016, 11:15 AM
I haven't been able to do much with it yet today because of work (blech). But I have collected three Drowzees just using the bathroom here hahaha. Depending on where I stand in my building I can at least collect pokeballs from surrounding checkpoints. Finally a plus to living/working downtown B)

Bexxie
07-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Apparently it's out in the US already but when I go to the app page on Google Play I get a "This item isn't available in your country."

:'(

looklook123123
07-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Just started this up. Do I have to leave the app on for it to work? Or can I close all out of it and I will be alerted when I come across something?

Saw a snake on my hike yesterday.. could have been a Seviper or something

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 12:49 PM
App has to be on, maybe running in the background might work not sure

looklook123123
07-07-2016, 12:52 PM
App has to be on, maybe running in the background might work not sure

Thanks. So it will always drain my battery then.. I'll be buying that watch when it becomes available then. I hope they make push notifications to aid in increasing battery life.

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Thanks. So it will always drain my battery then.. I'll be buying that watch when it becomes available then. I hope they make push notifications to aid in increasing battery life.

Theirs battery saver option in settings could reduce a good amount

looklook123123
07-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Will go look for that scarmans

Naked Gamer
07-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Will go look for that scarmans

No worries mate.

Cybun
07-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Buy an external battery if you need to, I think they're not super expensive

Aura
07-07-2016, 02:06 PM
waiting for it to come out on Canadian iPhones
sigh

Mama Bear
07-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Just started this up. Do I have to leave the app on for it to work? Or can I close all out of it and I will be alerted when I come across something?

Saw a snake on my hike yesterday.. could have been a Seviper or something

It's only got Gen 1 Pokemon, so it'd be an Ekans or Arbok.

App has to be open to work. When the Pokemon Go Plus (the wearable) comes out, that'll alert in a different way, allowing you to collect Pokestops/catch Pokemon without your phone open.

As for the social life thing, it looks like the rustle spots aren't competitive. My husband and I both caught Machop from the same spot at the same time. You could go around on catching sessions with people irl, and be social that way.

Ban
07-07-2016, 05:52 PM
We've got a region lock in Brazil -.-
As if that would stop me HA! I chose Charmander as my starter :P

Cybun
07-07-2016, 07:32 PM
We've got a region lock in Brazil -.-
As if that would stop me HA! I chose Charmander as my starter :P

It's coming out in two weeks or so I heard. :P
My android is 4.3 and won't update any further so I'm fucking out of luck, can't play! Might as well just buy a new phone, this one's old.

vocaloid
07-07-2016, 07:51 PM
any one try rooting their phone yet and using a gps spoofer to change locations ? ?

i dont really have any pokespots nearby me so i'm trying to play around with it

Cybun
07-07-2016, 08:25 PM
any one try rooting their phone yet and using a gps spoofer to change locations ? ?

i dont really have any pokespots nearby me so i'm trying to play around with it

GPS spoofing will get you banned, Niantic is ruthless!
Haven't tried rooting my android, got a lot of work-related stuff there and even with a backup I'm too afraid to try.

kittyray
07-07-2016, 08:27 PM
I didn't have very much interest/hype for this at all, but then everybody was talking about it, so I had to get it. Peer pressure or something. There are so many stops near me, but I've only managed to grab a few because of the servers. Mostly I'm just overwhelmed and confused.

Ban
07-07-2016, 09:10 PM
It's coming out in two weeks or so I heard. :P
My android is 4.3 and won't update any further so I'm fucking out of luck, can't play! Might as well just buy a new phone, this one's old.

Yeah, but fuck waiting 2 weeks :P
Ew D:
Mine is 6.0.1 I believe xD

Cybun
07-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Ew D:

Whoa there, where did you get the money

potatoespotate
07-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Ew D:

really stupid question here, but how does one check that? xD

Urbex
07-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Haven't tried rooting my android, got a lot of work-related stuff there and even with a backup I'm too afraid to try.

Just downloaded it on my phone and am giving it a go.
What if when you spoofed the location you made it believable? Like only going 1-3 blocks in 10ish minutes? Obviously that's not super helpful but maybe it would work?

Cybun
07-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Just downloaded it on my phone and am giving it a go.
What if when you spoofed the location you made it believable? Like only going 1-3 blocks in 10ish minutes? Obviously that's not super helpful but maybe it would work?

Is yours rooted?
And I don't know, broooo. Lots of former Ingress (another game by Niantic) players have warned GO players about the dangers of spoofing, if it's gonna move 1-3 blocks you might as well just walk there instead of risking it. :C

Urbex
07-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Is yours rooted?
And I don't know, broooo. Lots of former Ingress (another game by Niantic) players have warned GO players about the dangers of spoofing, if it's gonna move 1-3 blocks you might as well just walk there instead of risking it. :C
I have an iPhone so I'd have to jailbreak if I wanted to try it. I get that going small distances wouldn't help much. Although for me, there's a pokestop about 15 houses away from me. Might be worth it (if it's safe) to go there as often as possible with a spoof?

Sakuras
07-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Only have gotten the starter because it's not released in Asia yet. :(

Cybun
07-07-2016, 10:10 PM
I have an iPhone so I'd have to jailbreak if I wanted to try it. I get that going small distances wouldn't help much. Although for me, there's a pokestop about 15 houses away from me. Might be worth it (if it's safe) to go there as often as possible with a spoof?

Please report back once you've rooted it!~
I dunno, maybe Niantic identifies the spoofing itself without any need for further inspection, not sure how they do it tho! Use it as your own risk I guess, unless you'd prefer to wait for a few weeks after global release to see if anybody else has a safer option, the early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese! :P

Demri
07-07-2016, 10:35 PM

Went on a little walk downtown and ran into a few other people playing. And this dude. And lots of others. Impressed with this game so far. :p

vocaloid
07-07-2016, 11:00 PM
i tried rooting my phone but i didn't have any luck , i don't think any roots work for my model or something

hopefully they add more support for people living in the middle of fucking nowhere
i've run out of pokeballs and i don't have any pokespots within walking distance , and i can't drive so im a little fucked unless i pay money

Ban
07-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Whoa there, where did you get the money

It's a Moto X Play :P
I divided in like, 10x xD

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

really stupid question here, but how does one check that? xD

Settings -> About phone -> Android version :P

potatoespotate
07-08-2016, 12:05 AM
It's a Moto X Play :P
I divided in like, 10x xD

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Settings -> About phone -> Android version :P

oh okay thanks!

foyiwae
07-08-2016, 02:25 AM
Ugh I really wish my phone had the support for AR. But until then I don't mind walking around still. There are two gyms in my town, and me and my sister are finally getting outside for some exercise. We would have been out for longer yesterday, but the servers kept going down. Hope today is a bit better with them. I want to try and get to lv 5 asap so I can challenge those gyms.

It's so good though, even with the .apk
Do you guys think there would be any point downloading the official release from the play store in the UK, when I've already got the .apk?

Mama Bear
07-08-2016, 02:43 AM

I tried so many ways to update from 4.3 and eventually just had to root. Sorry that you're in the same boat.

Naked Gamer
07-08-2016, 02:58 AM
On iphone mine was jailbroken and i couldn't play the app not sure why but i deleted jailbreak and back to normal phone and it works also.

Cybun
07-08-2016, 06:59 AM
I tried so many ways to update from 4.3 and eventually just had to root. Sorry that you're in the same boat.

Yeah I just got my dad's iPhone 6, he's not very happy with this. :P
Did it work alrighty for you?

Mama Bear
07-08-2016, 07:35 AM
Yeah I just got my dad's iPhone 6, he's not very happy with this. :P
Did it work alrighty for you?

Yeah, eventually. Finding a guide that gave me ALL the information I needed in easy-to-understand-for-people-who've-never-broken-phones instructions was the most frustrating part.

I wouldn't suggest using a rooted phone for the game though; it has a detector for that, so you'd need another app to hide that status (or so I read). For me, once I rooted to Kitkat, my phone was happy to upgrade itself to Lollipop (Marshmallow isn't supported by mine). I just needed to help it past Jellybean with a super roundabout pain-in-the-ass way. Now it's on Lollipop, not rooted, and happily plays the game.

Naked Gamer
07-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Yeah, eventually. Finding a guide that gave me ALL the information I needed in easy-to-understand-for-people-who've-never-broken-phones instructions was the most frustrating part.

I wouldn't suggest using a rooted phone for the game though; it has a detector for that, so you'd need another app to hide that status (or so I read). For me, once I rooted to Kitkat, my phone was happy to upgrade itself to Lollipop (Marshmallow isn't supported by mine). I just needed to help it past Jellybean with a super roundabout pain-in-the-ass way. Now it's on Lollipop, not rooted, and happily plays the game.

My iphone was jail broken and i couldn't play the app until i got rid of the jail break.

Mama Bear
07-08-2016, 07:53 AM
My iphone was jail broken and i couldn't play the app until i got rid of the jail break.

Did you try a jailbreak disguising program?
A little part of me is tempted to tilt my town's gyms. Jailbreak my ipad, install a location faker app, jailbreak hiding app, and just become a boss. If I get caught and banned, no biggy because my Samsung is my legit account.

Cybun
07-08-2016, 08:16 AM

Oh, yeah I heard about that! Really sucks tho, not everyone has monies to buy a new phone, I'm stuck with my S III Jelly Beans for now.
I tried finding a good tutorial, but it doesn't help that most use a language difficult for me to understand, English is hard. What's your phone model? Mind sharing your findings with me? :D
I might as well just do it and if I get banned for it or something, I'll trade phones with me dad, as unfair as a Galaxy S III for an iPhone 6 sounds.

Naked Gamer
07-08-2016, 09:26 AM
A little part of me is tempted to tilt my town's gyms. Jailbreak my ipad, install a location faker app, jailbreak hiding app, and just become a boss. If I get caught and banned, no biggy because my Samsung is my legit account.

I'm fairly certain you'll get banned pretty fast!

There app has good some good defences and can tell! Google [emoji106] thats why i just un broken my phone.

Urbex
07-08-2016, 10:09 AM

I was thinking of doing something very similar. I have 5+ iDevices so I could afford to lose one's ability to play POGO. I'd also add in a UDID changer/spoofer and spoof your UDID when you're spoofing your location. Then if things go south your real UDID will work

70spurple
07-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Having server issues and there is literally nothing nearby when I'm at work

looklook123123
07-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Been having server issues as well for a few hours now. Was on the golf course, caught a Pidgey and Charmander there, then it went down. Was hoping to collect some items at the red lights on the way home.

Irohh
07-08-2016, 03:23 PM
There's really nothing around my area except a couple Eevee and all of that. I caught a Pidgey in class though :)

Sezy
07-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Whenever I try play this I get the error that the servers are too busy... Fml
Also I'm too lazy to walk around the streets so I just drive around and pull over to catch my pokemon. Anyone else as lazy as me?

looklook123123
07-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Pikachu jumped out of the Poke Ball 4 times then ran away :(

As I left the gym, there was a Pikachu, 2 Rattata, Pidgey and Bellsprout swarmed around my car LOL. Good times

Urbex
07-08-2016, 11:39 PM
Also I'm too lazy to walk around the streets so I just drive around and pull over to catch my pokemon. Anyone else as lazy as me?
Definitely! I've been driving and pulling over as much as I can to catch them. I have 40+ now and I've only been playing casually

Herb
07-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Went to the park today caught alot of pidgeys and rattata's its good so i can train my raticate and pigeotto ^^
On good note I found Onix, Magikarp, Bellsprout, Krabby and Spearow today :3

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

If i had a car i would do the same
I take a bus if that counts
:P