PDA

View Full Version : I-WANK-O

Aura
06-11-2016, 11:50 PM
I want this Pokemon omg it's so cute but its name is Iwanko
new Pokemon were leaked
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
i mean they are really cute and i love iwanko but idk the koala is kind of boring
what do you guys think

Bexxie
06-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Those might not be the English translations of the names.

They are super cute and I want them. :D

Shizuku
06-11-2016, 11:53 PM
Unhappy with the direction Pokemon is going in but the iwanko is cute

Bexxie
06-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Unhappy with the direction Pokemon is going in but the wanker is cute

How so? I'm curious, lol.

Chibi
06-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Iwanko looks like a puppy hyena lol

Shizuku
06-12-2016, 12:00 AM
How so? I'm curious, lol.

The newest gens just don't suit me. The game is a giant tutorial now, where every other battle is a cut scene about feelings or how to press x and blow your nose.

Idk I just have zero patience after resetting for multiple Manaphy in X

Aura
06-12-2016, 12:01 AM
it will be a i-wank-o for me forever even though the english name will probably be different

Bexxie
06-12-2016, 12:03 AM
The newest gens just don't suit me. The game is a giant tutorial now, where every other battle is a cut scene about feelings or how to press x and blow your nose.

Idk I just have zero patience after resetting for multiple Manaphy in X

That's understandable. I think they are trying to cater to the newer, younger generation of fans rather than the older generation that has been following Pokemon for 20 years.

Shizuku
06-12-2016, 12:07 AM
That's understandable. I think they are trying to cater to the newer, younger generation of fans rather than the older generation that has been following Pokemon for 20 years.

I get that but they really need a skip all button during those 10 minute monologues at the very least lol *wishful hopes*

Bexxie
06-12-2016, 12:12 AM
I get that but they really need a skip all button during those 10 minute monologues at the very least lol *wishful hopes*

Oh, I get that and I totally agree! They went overboard with the monologues. There should be a skip all button especially if you're the type of person to play through the game more than once.

Mindfang
06-12-2016, 07:14 PM
koala is cute, i love koalas

dog is cute too but i cant...... i cant take it seriously when it has Wank right there in the middle of its name im sorry

Bexxie
06-13-2016, 04:01 AM
For the sake of Japanese knowledge and teaching through language barriers:

イワンコ/iwanko is a pretty cute name. The name is a mix between the japanese word for rock (いわ/iwa) and a dog barking (わん/wan). The (こ/ko) part means child or a young animal even.
The more you know! Though that won't stop anyone from noticing "wank". :P Fennekin's japanese name always makes me laugh more to be honest.

I don't know if the japanese is ok to post but I'll edit it if necessary.

What's Fennekin's Japanese name??

Bexxie
06-13-2016, 04:09 AM
It's フォッコ/Fokko
But the way it sounds is similar to "Fucko" for me at least. :smilet-digitalpoint

That is funny!

Banannie
06-13-2016, 04:24 PM
They're both really cute, I love their designs, especially Iwanko's

Sakuras
06-13-2016, 05:53 PM
They're both so cute and I can't get over it. I'm actually really pleased with the new Pokemon designs so far (minus Popplio maybe, even tho he's cute it's too similar to Oshawott) for some reason they feel really fresh to me. Can't wait to see them in-game. Also the koala's ability is actually legit. (can't get status'd besides sleep)

Garchomp
06-14-2016, 12:32 PM
I'm really pleased with all sun and moon has to offer so far. 8) I haven't felt so hype about a gen in a long time. I'm def grabbing an Iwanko when I see one.

As for Nekkola, If this Koala evolves, keeps its ability, and gets any kind of good stat boosting moves like sword dance OHMFG that thing is going to be greeatt. SCALD? WILL-O-WISP? FLAMETHROWER? TAKE YOUR BURNS AND GET OUT, THERE WILL BE NO BURN HEALS HERE. Even if it doesn't evolve, slap an eviolite on it and it could still be a decent threat. I love it. *u*

Saitama
06-14-2016, 01:00 PM
I want the koala for poke amie!! it's so cute!
does anyone know if they're bringing amie back in sun/moon?

Sakuras
06-14-2016, 03:03 PM
I want the koala for poke amie!! it's so cute!
does anyone know if they're bringing amie back in sun/moon?

I hope they do. Considering you need to evolve Sylveon with it, and it's such a new feature why let it go to waste.
I would assume so. BUT that doesn't necessarily mean it's for sure coming back. For the other Eeveelutions, they tweaked how they evolved between games too.

Aura
06-14-2016, 08:43 PM
new pokemon

Bexxie
06-14-2016, 09:38 PM
new pokemon
I like the bird :)

The new battle royal feature that I read about earlier looks interesting also!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sakuras
06-15-2016, 01:26 AM
The new bird is from the wireframe we saw in the initial Sun/Moon trailer which is cool. Confirms my assumption of it being the early route bird like in the past games.
Grubbin is kinda terrifying. The Donald Trump ferret is kinda cute but also terrifying.

Did you guys see the entire new E3 footage? Also battle royal looks hype, yay actual FFAs!

Bexxie
06-15-2016, 01:36 AM
The new bird is from the wireframe we saw in the initial Sun/Moon trailer which is cool. Confirms my assumption of it being the early route bird like in the past games.
Grubbin is kinda terrifying. The Donald Trump ferret is kinda cute but also terrifying.

Did you guys see the entire new E3 footage? Also battle royal looks hype, yay actual FFAs!

I figured it was the pidgey of this generation.

I didn't watch the entire footage but I read the recaps on Serebii.

Banannie
06-16-2016, 06:26 AM
Oh cute! I love the bird, I'll bet the evolutions will look really neat.

Sakuras
06-16-2016, 10:47 AM
Oh cute! I love the bird, I'll bet the evolutions will look really neat.

It's giving me another Fletchling/Talonflame vibe, which evolution line I really liked, so I have good hopes for this new bird Pokemon. It's a cool design & cute.

Bexxie
06-16-2016, 11:05 AM
It's giving me another Fletchling/Talonflame vibe, which evolution line I really liked, so I have good hopes for this new bird Pokemon. It's a cool design & cute.
That's true! I didn't think of Fletchling!

Jackaroo
06-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Grubbin gives me nightmares and the game hasn't even been released yet

Aura
06-30-2016, 11:40 AM
New Pokemon, NGL they're all pretty ugly ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) except for cutiefly

Naked Gamer
06-30-2016, 11:50 AM
New Pokemon, NGL they're all pretty ugly ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) except for cutiefly

That and the names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neal Caffrey
07-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Iwanko is the mix of Lillipup and Growlithe. I love it.

hissi
07-01-2016, 04:25 PM
eng name is confirmed to be rockruff! :) the nekkoala is komala.

Bexxie
07-01-2016, 06:38 PM
eng name is confirmed to be rockruff! :) the nekkoala is komala.

cute names! :)

caitlin
07-03-2016, 08:02 PM
i will protect that koala pokemon. plain or not, i love it, and the doggo? sun and moon couldn't be here sooner.

percyjk23
07-03-2016, 10:05 PM
I like these new pokemon .. they look nice .. hopefully they have unique abilities or moves .. that would make them more appealing