PDA

View Full Version : Guide to installing Python programs here?

Urbex
04-12-2016, 03:30 PM
I'm someone who likes to think they're fairly proficient with technology, but I can't for the life of me get programs downloaded from CK to work on my computer. Every single one returns some kind of error no matter how far I get in the installation process.

I just recently tried to install the Battledome Bot but I can't get "pip" to install, or find how to install it. I have IDLE (for sure!) and Python command line (I think?) installed properly.

In addition, I can't get Majin, KadFeeder, or the Altador Plot completer to work..this is all very disheartening. This topic meant swallowing my pride and acknowledging that I'll need to ask those more knowledgeable than I for assistance.
(Not to mention, I wasted my VIP money if I can;t get the programs tow work :P)

EDIT: All my issues have been solved! I'm closing the thread. Thanks everyone!

j03
04-12-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm someone who likes to think they're fairly proficient with technology, but I can't for the life of me get programs downloaded from CK to work on my computer. Every single one returns some kind of error no matter how far I get in the installation process.

I just recently tried to install the Battledome Bot but I can't get "pip" to install, or find how to install it. I have IDLE (for sure!) and Python command line (I think?) installed properly.

In addition, I can't get Majin, KadFeeder, or the Altador Plot completer to work..this is all very disheartening. This topic meant swallowing my pride and acknowledging that I'll need to ask those more knowledgeable than I for assistance.

Let me break it down simple for you (sorry it's not as easy as we'd like it to be)

For my programs: There are two types, my newer programs made with a newer programming language (Stealth Core + Account Database Suite) and my older programs (Stealth Buyer Pro, Pound Sniper Pro, NQII AP, etc. [basically all others!].

New programs require the .NET framework (4.6): [Only registered and activated users can see links] <-- Just select English, then download and go through the steps.

My old programs: To Fix VB6 Runtime Errors ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

IF you have more issues, please PM me or reply here!
---
As for the other programs, there are some in Java (requires Java), Python (requires Python 2.7 or 3+, check program download description) <-- These are simple. Download and install then you can run the programs. Some programs require extra addons to be installed, ex: mechanize for Python (Unless it comes preloaded?)

So yeah, hopefully this isn't too much of a read and you get the programs working. Worst case, I can TeamView with you and do it myself while you watch.

Maison
04-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Do you have a Mac!?

Mama Bear
04-12-2016, 09:11 PM

I had a lot of difficulty with the python stuff too, when I was trying to get the petpet autobattler to work. I found that watching youtube videos of people installing pip/mechanize/beautiful soup was the ONLY way I could get it done. Each component had to be downloaded separately, and mechanize/bs downloads weren't linked from anywhere I could find on here. Then came the trouble of trying to install them. Seriously, youtube it. Once I did that, I had the programs working within 10 minutes.

Urbex
04-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Let me break it down simple for you (sorry it's not as easy as we'd like it to be)

For my programs: There are two types, my newer programs made with a newer programming language (Stealth Core + Account Database Suite) and my older programs (Stealth Buyer Pro, Pound Sniper Pro, NQII AP, etc. [basically all others!].

New programs require the .NET framework (4.6): [Only registered and activated users can see links] <-- Just select English, then download and go through the steps.

My old programs: To Fix VB6 Runtime Errors ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

IF you have more issues, please PM me or reply here!
---
As for the other programs, there are some in Java (requires Java), Python (requires Python 2.7 or 3+, check program download description) <-- These are simple. Download and install then you can run the programs. Some programs require extra addons to be installed, ex: mechanize for Python (Unless it comes preloaded?)

So yeah, hopefully this isn't too much of a read and you get the programs working. Worst case, I can TeamView with you and do it myself while you watch.

Wow thanks a ton for all that! I'll try what you suggested and watch videos as Bacchus suggested and then see if I have any other issues. I really really appreciate the effort that you (and others) put in to helping members here!

Do you have a Mac!?
I'm on a PC!

I had a lot of difficulty with the python stuff too, when I was trying to get the petpet autobattler to work. I found that watching youtube videos of people installing pip/mechanize/beautiful soup was the ONLY way I could get it done. Each component had to be downloaded separately, and mechanize/bs downloads weren't linked from anywhere I could find on here. Then came the trouble of trying to install them. Seriously, youtube it. Once I did that, I had the programs working within 10 minutes.

I didn't even think of this, I'll definitely try this next! Thanks for the good idea!

Accelerator
04-13-2016, 04:06 AM
Wow thanks a ton for all that! I'll try what you suggested and watch videos as Bacchus suggested and then see if I have any other issues. I really really appreciate the effort that you (and others) put in to helping members here!

I'm on a PC!

I didn't even think of this, I'll definitely try this next! Thanks for the good idea!

Bit late to the 'party' but for Joe's newer programs
Install this ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
For his older programs (Majin, SBP, ASP, Kad Feeder, etc)
-Install this ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
-Make sure you have these in your system32 folder (if you're running a 32-bit OS) or SysWOW64 (64-bit OS)

zgate.dll
prjChameleon.ocx
(Those two above are optional/not needed in the folder IIRC)
COMDLG32.ocx
MSWINSCK.OCX
RICHTX32.OCX
TABCTL32.OCX
MSINET.OCX

Then register them with:
For 32-bit:

REGSVR32 /S zgate.dll
REGSVR32 /S prjChameleon.ocx
REGSVR32 /S COMDLG32.ocx
REGSVR32 /S MSWINSCK.OCX
REGSVR32 /S RICHTX32.OCX
REGSVR32 /S TABCTL32.OCX
REGSVR32 /S MSINET.OCX

For 64-bit:

cd %windir%\SysWOW64
REGSVR32 /S zgate.dll
REGSVR32 /S COMDLG32.ocx
REGSVR32 /S MSWINSCK.OCX
REGSVR32 /S RICHTX32.OCX
REGSVR32 /S TABCTL32.OCX
REGSVR32 /S MSINET.OCX

You can make a .bat/.cmd file or just copy and paste (Just make sure you're doing it as admin)

For most of the python programs hosted here just download and install this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (Skip it since you say you already have IDLE)
Save this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to your HDD (You might need to right-click->Save page as...) and then just double-click it
Then run the following command on cmd

setx PATH "%PATH%;C:\Python27\Scripts"
And finally

pip install mechanize beautifulsoup libxml2dom
(Those should be all the 'modules' needed for most programs here IIRC)
For Daviid's latest programs (BD Bot, etc)
Download and install this ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

That should get you everything working :P

Urbex
04-13-2016, 02:45 PM
Bit late to the 'party' but for Joe's newer programs
Install this ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
For his older programs (Majin, SBP, ASP, Kad Feeder, etc)
-Install this ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
-Make sure you have these in your system32 folder (if you're running a 32-bit OS) or SysWOW64 (64-bit OS)

zgate.dll
prjChameleon.ocx
(Those two above are optional/not needed in the folder IIRC)
COMDLG32.ocx
MSWINSCK.OCX
RICHTX32.OCX
TABCTL32.OCX
MSINET.OCX

Then register them with:
For 32-bit:

REGSVR32 /S zgate.dll
REGSVR32 /S COMDLG32.ocx
REGSVR32 /S MSWINSCK.OCX
REGSVR32 /S RICHTX32.OCX
REGSVR32 /S TABCTL32.OCX
REGSVR32 /S MSINET.OCX

For 64-bit:

cd %windir%\SysWOW64
REGSVR32 /S zgate.dll
REGSVR32 /S COMDLG32.ocx
REGSVR32 /S MSWINSCK.OCX
REGSVR32 /S RICHTX32.OCX
REGSVR32 /S TABCTL32.OCX
REGSVR32 /S MSINET.OCX

You can make a .bat/.cmd file or just copy and paste (Just make sure you're doing it as admin)

For most of the python programs hosted here just download and install this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (Skip it since you say you already have IDLE)
Save this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to your HDD (You might need to right-click->Save page as...) and then just double-click it
Then run the following command on cmd

setx PATH "%PATH%;C:\Python27\Scripts"
And finally

pip install mechanize beautifulsoup libxml2dom
(Those should be all the 'modules' needed for most programs here IIRC)
For Daviid's latest programs (BD Bot, etc)
Download and install this ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

That should get you everything working :P

I really appreciate the help! I got all the way to the "pip install" line, when I ran that in my CMD prompt as an administrator, it returned this:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>pip install mechanize beautifulsoup libxm12dom
Collecting mechanize
Downloading mechanize-0.2.5.tar.gz (383kb)
100% |################################| 389kB 1.0MB/s
Collecting beautifulsoup
Downloading BeautifulSoup-3.2.1.tar.gz
Collecting libxm12dom
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement libxm12dom (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for libxm12dom

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

EDIT: It's worth noting that I got Joe's programs to work! Still able to run the BD auto player yet though

Accelerator
04-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Urbex I guess you mean you can't use the BD APer yet, right?
Also...
pip install mechanize beautifulsoup libxm12dom (The command you pasted)
pip install mechanize beautifulsoup libxml2dom (The one I posted)
See the difference? :rolleyes:

Urbex
04-13-2016, 03:35 PM
@Urbex ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I guess you mean you can't use the BD APer yet, right?
Also...
pip install mechanize beautifulsoup libxm12dom (The command you pasted)
pip install mechanize beautifulsoup libxml2dom (The one I posted)
See the difference? :rolleyes:

Haha, yes I mean't to say that I can't use it yet. I definitely see the difference now..I was reading too quickly :P